Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VI Glitch Discussion

Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6 - Page 6

Re: Invalid Pokémon in Gen 6

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-03-03 07:13:51

DO NOT UPDATE THE 3DS TO 9.5.0-23 IF YOU WANT TO KEEP USING THIS! They've patched the exploit.

I wasn't going to update anyway. I was expecting something like this to happen soon. Anyway, did you update and that's how you know, or did you find out some other way? Just curious.

There's multiple communities that confirmed that and are making public posts advising not to updating. I would never rush into an update, it was already lucky enough that 9.5.0.22 didn't patch it.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-03-03 07:21:34
I keep two Nintendo 3DSes. For one of them; a 3DS XL, I update it, play online with it, maybe buy stuff, etc.

For the other it's a modded 'non-XL' Nintendo 3DS with a capture board and once I learned about the exploit I haven't updated it since. I always use this one for the exploit. I want to use that 3DS to play a Japanese game with RegionThree if possible too. I'm waiting for a Legendary Starfy game that may or may not come, but I may get into Yokai Watch.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-03-03 09:15:40

I keep two Nintendo 3DSes. For one of them; a 3DS XL, I update it, play online with it, maybe buy stuff, etc.

For the other it's a modded 'non-XL' Nintendo 3DS with a capture board and once I learned about the exploit I haven't updated it since. I always use this one for the exploit. I want to use that 3DS to play a Japanese game with RegionThree if possible too. I'm waiting for a Legendary Starfy game that may or may not come, but I may get into Yokai Watch.

I'm keeping my 3DS at 9.1 or 9.2, whatever it's at, so I can use a Gateway 3DS with it if I get one in the future.

Posted by: MidnightNinetales
Date: 2015-03-03 11:28:08

Yeah, I wish I had an extra 3DS. Maybe when I get the New 3DS XL.

What's RegionThree?

I'm keeping my 3DS at 9.1 or 9.2, whatever it's at, so I can use a Gateway 3DS with it if I get one in the future.

I saw some websites about that Gateway thing, but none of them actually explained what it is. Can you tell me?

Date: 2015-03-03 11:36:36

Yeah, I wish I had an extra 3DS. Maybe when I get the New 3DS XL.

What's RegionThree?

Yeah, it's nice to get the next build (though I personally don't want to get Nintendo 2DS even though I imagine it's cheaper now) with the new things available for it (i.e. for New 3DS XL it has better loading times, the ability to play Xenoblade 3D, larger screens if you haven't had an XL before, etc.) and it's weird but I just feel good having a newer console.

RegionThree is a slightly older 3DS exploit where you have data in your SD card, then access a web-page after pressing home from the Download Play menu. It forces the game in the game slot to load even if it is region locked (Nintendo 3DS games are region locked), but (from what I hear) it won't work with Japanese Pokémon Black/White which have DSi features so are region locked even though they are DS games.

Looks like you put my name instead of Wack0's for the other quote. I don't exactly know what Gateway is either other than it's a flashcard?

Date: 2015-03-03 12:09:28

Looks like you put my name instead of Wack0's for the other quote. I don't exactly know what Gateway is either other than it's a flashcard?

Oops, sorry. Yeah, that was supposed to be for Wack0.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-03-03 13:44:56

Oops, sorry. Yeah, that was supposed to be for Wack0.

It's a flashcart, that gives you basically root on the 3DS (kernel-mode access to both CPUs).

Date: 2015-03-08 00:05:45
So…Has everyone gotten bored of researching the Gen 6 glitchmons?  :( I'm pretty sure we're not even close to finished.

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2015-03-08 06:26:57

So…Has everyone gotten bored of researching the Gen 6 glitchmons?  :( I'm pretty sure we're not even close to finished.

I wouldn't be bored if any of them actually did something interesting.

Hell I'd be down if any of them were stable/useable, like glitchmon in Gen 1. I've tried upwards of 50, and am getting sick of having to restore my save via Powersave3DS after it bricks my OR.

I guess I'll keep trying though. We're NOT anywhere close to finished.

Date: 2015-03-08 08:20:29

I wouldn't be bored if any of them actually did something interesting.

Hell I'd be down if any of them were stable/useable, like glitchmon in Gen 1. I've tried upwards of 50, and am getting sick of having to restore my save via Powersave3DS after it bricks my OR.

I guess I'll keep trying though. We're NOT anywhere close to finished.

I would have done more research, but I've been busy lately. I should have some time soon, though.

Edit: Actually, I have these pictures. I don't have a capture card, so the first two were taken with an ordinary camera. Better than nothing, right?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/dtUBFct.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/14a5YiR.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6SWKCRF.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Z1nN34R.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/zkHXca4.jpg[/img]

Since you can't see the name for the last three, that's also 0x2d2, in a contest.

Posted by: shutterbug2000
Date: 2015-03-15 17:46:19
What is the chance of my cartridge being bricked with this? If it does brick, can it be restored?

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2015-03-15 17:58:00

What is the chance of my cartridge being bricked with this? If it does brick, can it be restored?

None if you never save with a glitchmon. Saving with them in the box hasn't caused bricks but I wouldn't advise doing it.

If it's bricked, it can be restored by:

1. Powersaves3DS, if you already own one and have a recent backup. It has no deleting option and savefiles are tied to their cartridges o if you brick and don't have one, there's be no use.
2. Deleting the savefile manually from the sdcard, if the copy is digital.
(3. Using a Save Dongle intended for DS games like NDS Adapter or R4i Save Dongle COULD work to corrupt the savefile on purpose, but no one tested this yet.)

Savefiles from physical copies can be moved to digital ones if you have them, so you'd proceed to step 2, but most of the time that means buying the game twice, so meh.

It's a software brick, so if there's another external way to format the cartridge, it would work too.

Posted by: shutterbug2000
Date: 2015-03-15 19:08:03

None if you never save with a glitchmon. Saving with them in the box hasn't caused bricks but I wouldn't advise doing it.

If it's bricked, it can be restored by:

1. Powersaves3DS, if you already own one and have a recent backup. It has no deleting option and savefiles are tied to their cartridges o if you brick and don't have one, there's be no use.
2. Deleting the savefile manually from the sdcard, if the copy is digital.
(3. Using a Save Dongle intended for DS games like NDS Adapter or R4i Save Dongle COULD work to corrupt the savefile on purpose, but no one tested this yet.)

Savefiles from physical copies can be moved to digital ones if you have them, so you'd proceed to step 2, but most of the time that means buying the game twice, so meh.

It's a software brick, so if there's another external way to format the cartridge, it would work too.

Thanks! I'll look at some glitches as well then!

Posted by: Flameduck
Date: 2015-03-16 06:34:45
If your game DOES brick, Pokemon Bank can still be accessed from it and all your mons can be withdrawn from the game.

Date: 2015-03-24 14:28:48
I started a new article on Bulbapedia about glitch Pokémon 724+ (since 722, 723, 000(?) are called Egg and 722 looks like an Egg I excluded them).

Anyone have an idea on how they should they be covered? It might be messy to have "glitch Bulbasaur Egg", "722 glitch Egg" articles, though it would work.

Edit: It would be suitable if I asked this on the talk page too.