Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

The magic Machine - Page 26

Re: The magic Machine

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-02-23 18:54:18
The machine presses its REBOOT SHOVEL button.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2018-04-09 02:09:39
The machine roars back to life, spitting out a steady stream of foxgirls.

Inserts a cowboy hat, sets the big dial to SPARC, and presses the octarine & BZZ buttons.

Date: 2018-04-09 04:26:35
You roll a critical miss, the machine destroys the single other form of intelligent life in the universe. Gr8 job m8

I remove the wire between the WAH and WAAAAAAAAAAAAH plugs, flick the REBOOTIFY switch and kick the machine.

Date: 2018-04-09 04:50:00
Waluigi stumbles out of the output chamber and kicks you.

Inserts a Shy Guy into the machine and presses the TEXAS button.

Date: 2018-04-16 15:02:43
Shy Norris comes out of the machine and flies into outer space. He is our new God now.

I press the Hammer, More Hammer, Can't Stop Hammer and Bresenhammer buttons, grab some popcorn from the dispenser slot, and sit back.

Date: 2018-04-18 18:41:19
The machine throws a banhammer at you.

Inserts a full set of Hoenn Gym badges, turns the orange dial to shinty-six, and presses the -ULATE button.

Date: 2018-04-20 01:49:49
VBA attempts to emulate Pokémon Shinty-Six Hoeen Edition Remasturded DX II, but crashes because lol suxx.

~

I open the machine, and start digging inside. I hold my breath and dive in the sea of cables before me.
It's immense. As I look around, the complexity of the machine slowly penetrates me – it's really a technological wonder. I can't help but wonder how much effort went into its creation, and feel amazed by–
The trapdoor I came from just slammed shut on its own. Huh ? Wait, where was it again ? I try to look for it, I'm sure there was a handle or something… but my efforts are in vain. I can't find it. I decide to explore the machine some more. Perhaps I'll find another way out. And I came here to explore in the first place. I take out my trusty notebook and MLP pen (don't judge me), and start taking notes about my surroundings. The cables aren't very interesting at first glance, but some of them seem to present specific properties. Some of the have changing colors, other seem to be transparent, a few are glowing, and while all of them seem to have slow movements (as if they were in the sea), a see a bundle over there that's twitching. I decide not to come too close to this one.

Moving inside the machine really feels like being in the sea, somehow, although I can breathe freely. I guess it's part of the Magic. I have found a few data animals, most of them fled when I saw them. I haven't been able to take many notes about them for that reason, what a bummer. How much time have I been there ? I don't know anymore, I have neither my phone nor a watch. I start to wonder, is there a surface to this sea of cables ? I swim up. It seems like this sea continues upwards infinitely, until I reach the surface. The light blinds me for a moment – how long have I stayed inside the sea ? I can't tell. After a short time, I spot an island not very far, and start swimming towards it. My crawl isn't very good, but I still reach the island in a matter of minutes.

I'm camping on the beach I landed on. I am sitting in front of my fire camp, eating a lettuce with a cooked little animal I caught during the night. The "sky" is starting to light up, I take out my notebook, page 68, and add another mark. It's been a month today, assuming this cycle is roughly the same as our day and night. As for the sky, try to picture a bright and cloud-less sunny day, but without a sun. Same goes for the night and the moon. I don't see any land apart from this island. It's small, but large enough for some animals to be living here. I have watched them a lot, taken as much notes, and been very careful about not wiping them out for my culinary needs. Life is fairly peaceful, I haven't encountered any animal that seemed dangerous. The island has a moderately warm climate. There's a sandy beach, which is where I am now. There are a few pine trees here and there, bordering the beach. The next thing is an oak forest. No palm trees whatsoever. Deeper inside the island, past the forest is a plain, which I haven't explored yet. I was planning to do it today. As the morning rises, I pack what little I have inside my bag, and start walking. It'll be a while until I reach the plain. I don't plan to come back here, hopefully I'll find a new resting place deeper into the island.

I have reached the plain. It's semi-long grass, nothing fancy. I'm seeing a few cows on my left. I keep walking. The exercise I made these last days really did me good, I'm now slightly slimmer (not that I had any fat to burn when I arrived here, mind you), but I have much stronger legs now. Exploring and all that. Still walking, I notice what looks like a village, maybe a kilometer ahead. I press on.

At roughly noon, according to the luminance, I arrive. The village is rather small, a handful of houses. There doesn't appear to be anymore. I can see a building that might be a town hall, also a well, and perhaps a store? I decide to peek inside the closest house. There is a normal amount of rather normal furniture, but nobody in there. I look at the other houses, but they all are in the same predicament. Huh. Well, I am on an island surrounded by an ocean and sun-less sky in the Machine, so I don't feel as surprised as I should be. I decide to gently push the handle to the door I am next to. The handle reacts like any respecting handle would, opening the door in a welcoming manner. The house is fairly fresh, which is a relief considering it's starting to be a bit hot out there. I enter, a tad cautiously, and close the door behind me as gently as I opened it. I listen to any noises, but I don't hear anything besides the soft crackling of the chimney's fire. I didn't notice there was one prior to now, and it strikes me as a bit odd that the house is not warm, even though that fire didn't just light up. I look outside, and it's snowing. The inside of the house got much warmer, it's comforting.

The house doesn't have anything interesting upstairs. A room, a bedroom, the bathroom, a shower, and an attic. The attic has a ton of stuff that doesn't seem particularly interesting to me. I decide to leave the house, and I arrive in a rainstorm. Why is the climate so awkward all of a sudden ? It doesn't help me that I have summer clothes… the wind is blowing, but I decide to go to the next house anyways… a stronger gust of wind coincidentally flips me into the well! I am a bit stunned, but I try to climb out. It's nearly impossible, the well seems almost polished. I give up and dive underwater. At the bottom of the well is a cable, with a sign "Heart of the Machine – DON'T TOUCH"

I pull the fucking cable.

Date: 2019-03-14 05:46:59
*applauds*

A muffled explosion ensues in the output chamber. UNIX-tan wheels herself out and utters an anti-biological slur. Then, the cable plugs itself back in.

Inserts a Mac OS 9 install CD, turns the blue dial to PPC, refills the external water-cooling system, dials extension 1999, and presses the ultraviolet button.

Date: 2019-03-15 15:12:49
You get a very eye-pleasing computer, but it's Apple tech so it self-destructs by collapsing into itself, and the implosion also swallowed half of your bank account's funds, somehow.

I just randomly throw electrical parts at the machine which may or may not hit buttons levers or interactible objects.

Date: 2019-03-22 16:46:18
A monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey crushes you.

Inserts a pair of mirrored shades and an RTX 2080 Ti, turns the dial to MIPS, dials extension 744, and presses the MERGE & seafoam green buttons.

Date: 2019-03-30 08:52:59
You get absorbed into SM64 HD 60fps, but since your universe is not powerful enough to run it, you freeze.

I grab a Chtulhu RP rulebook, mix with some candy, stir until my arms hurt, hold the "WAH" dial and call Sakurai.

Date: 2019-07-09 17:24:55
You get a purple tennis ball with tentacles.

Inserts a baseball and presses the celadon button.