Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Wiki Bug List and Reports - Page 1

Wiki Bug List and Reports

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2011-08-07 23:36:10
This topic is to be used for a list of bugs that have been found/squashed and to report new bugs.

The list is as follows:

Re: Wiki Bug List and Reports

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-09 06:54:51

Specific errors:

Edit: One of the bugs was on the forums only.

Date: 2011-08-09 11:17:39

[li]The links on the GlitchDex are underlined red when highlighted, although they are not red-links[/li]

This happens with all links, go try it.

Date: 2011-08-09 11:31:18

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2011-08-09 23:06:54

[li]The links on the GlitchDex are underlined red when highlighted, although they are not red-links[/li]

This happens with all links, go try it.

fixed - existing links are blue on hover, red links are red all the time

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-08-14 14:35:06
I can't log into the wiki. It redirects me to the maintenance page and keeps me unlogged. :/

Date: 2011-08-14 16:16:26
If you login to the forums, you're logged into the wiki.

Currently the top menu on the wiki for the forums doesn't use the forums subdomain, which is why it redirects.  The search menu at the top is also to an invalid location that redirects.

Date: 2011-08-14 16:34:18
Idk why it doesn't. :<

But meh, that's not really a problem. I don't have any major edit to do. :P

Date: 2011-08-14 18:03:34

If you login to the forums, you're logged into the wiki.

Currently the top menu on the wiki for the forums doesn't use the forums subdomain, which is why it redirects.  The search menu at the top is also to an invalid location that redirects.

For some reason, this doesn't seem to be the case for me. When I'm signed in to the forums, clicking back to the Wiki through a link such as Recent Changes makes it say that I'm signed out, and so I'm also unable to edit. Returning to the forums makes it say that I'm signed in, as if the site was regarding it as two accounts.

Date: 2011-08-14 19:14:47
^That's exactly what's happening to me. Maybe your browser has the cookies from old GCL wiki or something, Gary.

Date: 2011-08-14 21:14:52
http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php?title=Test_page&action=history

Proof it works for whatever reason for me. (My name is messed up from an old SMF/Wiki bug during the early days of Project Phoenix, Malacoda hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet if you were wondering why it says GARY ;47894gM 9)

Date: 2011-08-14 21:22:03
But did you log into the wiki after you got the username/password to access this beta GCL, or were you already logged in?

Date: 2011-08-14 21:22:55
It auto logged me in, I didn't have to do anything.

P.S. Are you using the GCL3 theme and not Monobook if that has anything to do with it?

Date: 2011-08-14 21:26:49
That explains. Your browser is actually using an old cookie from old GCL. So don't log out, or you'll be locked out like us. :P

Date: 2011-08-14 21:27:43
Uhh actually, I can try as hard as I want to logout, but the old cookie keeps triggering a login.  The wiki's cookie also works for SMF.  I found the cookie and see the date of it now, it's from December 4th.  Pressing logout on the forums only clears forums.glitchcity.info subdomain cookies, not glitchcity.info cookies.  This is what keeps me logged in.

Another bug here seems to be that the forums can't trigger a Wiki login for some reason.  Possibly due to domain name issues or changed database, idk.

I'll be happy to provide Malacoda with the cookie if needed.