Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Wiki Bug List and Reports - Page 3

Re: Wiki Bug List and Reports

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-16 10:01:18

And btw, I tried to use a custom timezone of "-03:02", but it was always changing to "-04:02". I just put as -3 to avoid problems.

Odd, that works fine for me. I actually made a mistake, sorry. It was the timestamp that seemed to be glitched. Just posted now, and the problem isn't just on preview.

When signing comments with ~~— it said 08:57, 16 August 2011 (GMT+6), the correct time at the moment for GMT +6 was 20:57, not 08:57. Seems like the system took the default to be GMT -6 but displayed it as GMT +6. (edit: ha, I can't count)

P.S. I'm from England, where we're currently at GMT +1 (BST) until the end of October, where we're back to GMT +0 on September, though changing the time zone doesn't affect the time stamp.

edit2: Once when I entered -X:XX as an offset on preferences, it changed to +X:XX, not sure what happened there, because it doesn't happen anymore.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-08-17 20:01:25
Nice, wiki preferences got lost AGAIN. Meh, I won't bother changing it again for now.

Posted by: Theorymon
Date: 2011-08-23 04:27:20
I was looking at the Glitchdex, and I noticed that on the glitchdex page, the Special Attack stats are blank despite the fact that they should be the same as the Special Defense stats for the RBY Pokemon. Also, on the pages of the RBY glitch Pokemon themselves, I noticed that all of them have a base Special Defense of 0, when it should be the same as their listed Special Attack on that page.

Edit: I appear to have been mistaken, I started clicking on other Glitch Pokemon, and most of them have their stats right. This is the  Pokemon who's stats are messed up: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/GlitchDex/RB:192

I'll look through the whole dex later to see if there are any other ones!

Edit 2: I have noticed that when looking at the edit pages of several pages in the glitch dex, there is info that is located only on the edit page, such as notes.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-23 18:59:23

I was looking at the Glitchdex, and I noticed that on the glitchdex page, the Special Attack stats are blank despite the fact that they should be the same as the Special Defense stats for the RBY Pokemon. Also, on the pages of the RBY glitch Pokemon themselves, I noticed that all of them have a base Special Defense of 0, when it should be the same as their listed Special Attack on that page.

Edit: I appear to have been mistaken, I started clicking on other Glitch Pokemon, and most of them have their stats right. This is the  Pokemon who's stats are messed up: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/GlitchDex/RB:192

I'll look through the whole dex later to see if there are any other ones!

Edit 2: I have noticed that when looking at the edit pages of several pages in the glitch dex, there is info that is located only on the edit page, such as notes.

See here. As far as I know, those are the parameters for the glitch Pokémon's details, and you can edit them freely. The actual formatting in those pages is (except for the actual glitch Pokémon index listing which was generated by an extension) is derived from interface text from the MediaWiki space in something which starts MediaWiki:Pgsaex-(something), although I'm unsure which page(?) because the search button isn't working properly at the moment.

I don't know why some have null Special Defense and not others. I think I've seen that on the Wiki before the site went in to maintenance. Perhaps the older Melchior formatting didn't include the split?

I would like to clarify that most of the GlitchDex articles have missing TM/HM data. The glitch Pokémon in Generation I (bar fossil/ghost Missingno.) derive their TM/HM data based on their Pokédex number or 'family'. A complete list by GARY 'M 9, (and Yuzihax for Generation II) can be found here (R/B), here (Y) and here (G/S/C). I think Adrian is currently debating whether to incorporate them into every page, or just make some sort of separate database for them.

I hope that clears some stuff up.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2011-09-21 12:57:18
Although the default theme for the forum was changed to GCL 3.0 for all members, this was not done for the wiki accounts. Not a bug per say but worth pointing out if people start wondering why the wiki changes when they log in.

EDIT:
Secondly, clicking on a link does not open a new window/tab but simply takes the user away from the page they were on and to the page the link directs them to. Now this makes sense for all internal links but not so much when linking to an external site, as we want to keep people on Glitch City Labs.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2011-09-24 11:05:49

EDIT:
Secondly, clicking on a link does not open a new window/tab but simply takes the user away from the page they were on and to the page the link directs them to. Now this makes sense for all internal links but not so much when linking to an external site, as we want to keep people on Glitch City Labs.

That's the way most things link. If the reader wants to open something in a new tab, they can click with the mousewheel, Ctrl+click, or right click and select open in new tab.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2011-09-24 20:25:43
External links work like that on Bulbapedia and Wikipedia too, so I suppose it's just default. But it does make more sense to open them up in a new window, so I've changed it for GCL.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2012-12-08 20:17:28

TM55 R/B is missing from the AttackDex.

Wow. am I an idiot. It's because the Melchior document incorrectly has it at 254 instead of 255. Thanks, added it.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2012-12-10 03:07:44

External links work like that on Bulbapedia and Wikipedia too, so I suppose it's just default. But it does make more sense to open them up in a new window, so I've changed it for GCL.

No! This is incredibly annoying behavior. Among other things, it ruins navigation history.

Getting a regular link to open in a new window is easy if I want it. The reverse is not true.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-12-10 10:41:42

No! This is incredibly annoying behavior. Among other things, it ruins navigation history.

Getting a regular link to open in a new window is easy if I want it. The reverse is not true.

He's right, I can just middle click it and it pops up a new tab.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-01-03 00:28:49
Glitch Pokemon cries on the GlitchDex in Firefox don't appear to work for me.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-10-30 23:35:50
Please forgive me for this bump (it is a sticky though right so it's okay?) but the search function on the wiki is broken, and just sends me to a blank page. There are a few non-Pokemon glitches I would like to add that are from various different Sonic games but I can't seem to make a new page without having to search for the page first, then adding content to it. :V Unless there is a different way to make pages…

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-04-02 15:21:15
Wiki is experiencing a very similar issue to the forums, except that it is showing a lot more text and is taking a while to load:

[tt]
Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732

Notice: memcache_connect(): Server localhost (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to localhost:11211, Connection refused (111) in /srv/teroknor2/www/glitchcity.info/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2732[/tt]

Might want to reboot the server.

Posted by: PokeGlitchFanatic
Date: 2014-04-27 07:17:39
I have a bug i would like to post. When i was registering,i wanted to make sure i was right by clicking the link to the big hex list.No matter what device i used,it would open the tab and always make me have to reopen my browser,as it would always make internet explorer not respond.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-04-27 11:08:56
Solution: Don't use IE?

The page is perfectly fine in Firefox and Chrome.