Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Wiki Bug List and Reports - Page 7

Re: Wiki Bug List and Reports

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-28 14:58:05
When approving SadisticMystic's edits to the Rollout storage glitch page, I put in the comment that I would raise the accuracy to "well sourced" if he included a video. However, upon looking through every link I could think of, there was no record of that comment being sent anywhere, and after asking him directly he didn't seem to receive it either. So in short, the "comment" field of the revision reviewing window doesn't do anything.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2018-11-29 17:04:43
The comment is logged in the review log but it's not readily accessible (you have to go to history -> view logs for this page -> show review logs). It seems it's meant as a note for the log and not a comment to the editor directly.

Date: 2018-12-01 11:36:45
Gotcha. Thanks.

Date: 2019-02-21 16:45:14
Is there a way to sync templates with their respective categories somehow? Just now I threw {{Speed Run R/B/Y}} onto a bunch of pages (put it on the rest if I missed any), but the template at the top still looks like this: https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Template:Speed_Run_R/B/Y. It did still add the category to them; should I just do that instead?

Better yet, maybe the template could be removed entirely, considering the screen space it takes up and the category existing already. Thoughts?

EDIT: For now, I've gone back and removed the template from the pages in place of the categories.

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-07-02 13:51:58
The image of the F9 Mew evolution spot on the arbitrary learnset/evolution glitch Pokemon page is broken.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-02 14:23:10

The image of the F9 Mew evolution spot on the arbitrary learnset/evolution glitch Pokemon page is broken.

Seem to have fixed it now. Thanks! :)

Edit: Perhaps it was because of an é in the filename?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/goSodBB.png[/img]

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-08-13 13:27:27
On the experience underflow page, the link to the forums thread on experience underflow gave my computer a privacy alert, saying the page was not secure and there may be an attack trying to steal my info from GCLF. This is a message I've never seen anywhere on GCLF. I checked the edit history and it turns out that the section with the link was made by deante0, who upon looking at his/her contribution list I found did not have a user account, and it is possible that deante0 put a virus of some kind as a link. The edit was checked by Torchickens, meaning that either a) Torchickens didn't check the link, b) her computer is somehow immune or c) her computer isn't immune but she wasn't notified. The other possibility is that the link is broken and my computer freaked out because it didn't know what to do, but the error definitely suggested that something is up.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-08-13 13:58:47

On the experience underflow page, the link to the forums thread on experience underflow gave my computer a privacy alert, saying the page was not secure and there may be an attack trying to steal my info from GCLF. This is a message I've never seen anywhere on GCLF. I checked the edit history and it turns out that the section with the link was made by deante0, who upon looking at his/her contribution list I found did not have a user account, and it is possible that deante0 put a virus of some kind as a link. The edit was checked by Torchickens, meaning that either a) Torchickens didn't check the link, b) her computer is somehow immune or c) her computer isn't immune but she wasn't notified. The other possibility is that the link is broken and my computer freaked out because it didn't know what to do, but the error definitely suggested that something is up.
Typically, this means there's a certificate error. As it's only this link that did it, it's not malware, nor your RTC… hmm.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-08-13 14:22:30

Sorry to hear this. On inspection I get the same error as well, and it seems to be an issue with the formatting of the link.

The link on the article is:

http://www.forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,6588.0.html

However, the following link doesn't give the error (for me at least), so possibly should be adjusted on the article as such:

https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6588.0.html

(The difference is the "/" and ",")

I'll make that edit now.

At some point Glitch City Laboratories' security certificate did expire, resulting in the privacy error message. This was amended but there may have been an oversight (I'll forward this to Abwayax and Photon-Phoenix too). It doesn't necessarily mean websites with bad/no security certificates are malware, but it seems to be browser text (specifically for me, Google Chrome)

"Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.forums.glitchcity.info (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy Policy"

Posted by: hunk
Date: 2019-10-29 14:41:06
Why don't you fix the bullets? They are all floating in the middle.

[font=courier]li { background-position: left 5px; }[/font] looks much better.

Date: 2019-10-29 17:38:59

Why don't you fix the bullets? They are all floating in the middle.

[font=courier]li { background-position: left 5px; }[/font] looks much better.
I changed it on the forum CSS sometime ago to exactly that, but that was presumably overwritten by the usual resync with the site source code (and surely enough, the last modified date says September 30).

Abwayax has been waiting for SMF 3.0 to be fully released before making major source code changes to GCL 3.0, but seeing as this is a small thing and it's not the first time it's been brought up, it's plenty overdue, so I'll finally ask him directly.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2019-10-30 03:26:58
Thanks for pinging me. I've committed the change to git so it will be permanent.

Date: 2019-11-15 06:19:45
On https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Units_of_computing_data, the second Wikipedia link is meant to lead to "Byte", as indicated in the source. Both links instead lead to the same Wikipedia page.

Posted by: bbbbbbbbba
Date: 2019-11-15 22:33:58

On https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Units_of_computing_data, the second Wikipedia link is meant to lead to "Byte", as indicated in the source. Both links instead lead to the same Wikipedia page.

When linking to a Wikipedia page with a different name than the current page, Template:Wikipedia2 should be used. (The same goes for Bulbapedia, but not for the other external link templates, probably because they go to sites in different languages.) Now, whether this is a user-friendly design…

Date: 2019-11-16 03:56:04
Thanks for that. That's still confusing, and doesn't show the right name for one of the pages, but it's better than before.