Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion - Page 2

Re: Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-01 15:27:27
The more I look at the female trainer, the more I fall for her. :V I used to really like Leaf the most, but this new trainer tops her. Also I like Sobble's personality, since I actually read the descriptions since posting in this topic. I hope it'll evolve into something decent looking, because now it looks too much like a short Scraggy. (And I never really cared for Scraggy's design…) Also after watching the trailer again, the graphics look much better than the graphics in Let's Go.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-03-03 00:35:47
I have the feeling that Sobble will grow up to be a Water/Fighting type as it gains confidence throughout its life. Just a hunch.

Also, yeah – they haven't revealed any huge unique gameplay mechanics yet, but I'd have to imagine there'd be something new that they throw into the mix like they have in recent generations. 6th had mega evolutions, 7th had z-moves… I'd have to imagine they'll reveal some sort of new gameplay mechanic eventually, just probably at a later time that isn't in the announcement trailer.

Or… they could just be releasing a no-frills Pokemon game with no added gameplay mechanics. Which I would be totally fine with if they did a good job with the rest of the game.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-03 22:02:00
Accidental lock?

I still think "bland but hopefully better with customization" when it comes to both protagonists, but the male one is the worse case of that.

Snifle Sbubble Sobble is easily my pick from the starters. :)

Subject

Date: 2019-03-03 23:03:08
*makes empty topic and merges*

Wow, this just refuses to be reopened!

Date: 2019-03-04 00:19:49
It doesn't appear as "locked" for me despite the indicator. I still have the option to "lock topic".

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-03-04 06:10:47
so uh

this ain't locked???

Posted by: ympyrätesti
Date: 2019-03-04 09:55:19
so uh

Looks like you're right. I wonder what caused it before…when you posted, was there a lock on the thread icon?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2019-03-07 23:26:31
Yeah I saw the icon in the recent unread topics list had a lock on it, and I was like "eh? What is this?" but I guess it's just computers being weird. Oh well.

Date: 2019-03-08 07:56:15

so uh

Looks like you're right. I wonder what caused it before…when you posted, was there a lock on the thread icon?
yeh

Yeah I saw the icon in the recent unread topics list had a lock on it, and I was like "eh? What is this?" but I guess it's just computers being weird. Oh well.
It's gone now, so whatever. CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION!

Re: Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion (this isn't ACTUALLY locked, btw)

Date: 2019-03-24 03:55:26
Seems our attempts to "unlock" this thread have been unsuccessful. Naturally, the topic name has been changed to reflect this.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-03-26 06:54:14
I wonder if the thread is cursed and if could be that the games are as well? :0

Date: 2019-03-26 15:07:34
Well, it is Game Freak, so… I think from what I heard, they're not even putting their A-team on this project. Their A-team is handling their new "Town" title, their B-team is handling Sword and Shield, and their C-team was handling Let's Go. Not sure what their C-team is doing now, though.

Date: 2019-03-26 19:03:01

Well, it is Game Freak, so… I think from what I heard, they're not even putting their A-team on this project. Their A-team is handling their new "Town" title, their B-team is handling Sword and Shield, and their C-team was handling Let's Go. Not sure what their C-team is doing now, though.
I'm out of the loop. Who would these three teams be and what are some good examples of what they've done?

Nothing more to say, as there's no new info, at least as far as I know. But they still can't seem to get Snifle's name right.

The lock thing kind of fits with the rumors about "armored" Pokémon, by the way.

Posted by: BlueAce2001
Date: 2019-05-16 14:38:57
Do you guys think Sword/Shield of the transfer process from the 3DS will work? Is like a thing you download from the 3DS eshop.

Date: 2019-05-16 22:35:48

Do you guys think Sword/Shield of the transfer process from the 3DS will work? Is like a thing you download from the 3DS eshop.
no one knows yet