Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion - Page 11

Re: Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2020-01-10 16:20:06
I'll probably wait until my Switch firmware becomes hackable and experience them vicariously until then. (It might actually be already…not sure if I read all the details properly when I last looked into it.)

As for the sales thing with Mystery Dungeon, I suppose it's a double-edged sword. I'd rather get purely new content than a remake of a game that was already complete for a system that's just as capable in its context than the Switch is, but if it's the best corporate decision for them then it's the best hope we have for Gen 9.

I'm probably opening up tons of talking points that have already been addressed in detail in conversations about EA and whatever the other big ones are, so I'll just look for those if I care enough to really think about it.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2020-01-12 23:21:47

As for the sales thing with Mystery Dungeon, I suppose it's a double-edged sword. I'd rather get purely new content than a remake of a game that was already complete for a system that's just as capable in its context than the Switch is, but if it's the best corporate decision for them then it's the best hope we have for Gen 9.

For Mystery Dungeon, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got extended postgame content given how much time has passed between the original games and the remakes. It would seem weird to have nearly five generations of Pokemon pass, but not add in any new content to a game made in Generation 3. I'm hopeful, at least.

The demo is fun.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-03-06 04:05:41
[img]https://wl3-cdn.landsec.com/sites/default/files/images/shops/logos/costa-coffee_0.png[/img] [img]https://cdn1-www.gamerevolution.com/assets/uploads/2019/12/Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Battle-Cafe-locations-usage.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2020-04-01 11:31:32
A little late, but I appreciate the responses from everyone. I didn't end up buying a Switch, still may in the next few months depending on how COVID-19 goes (i.e., if quarantine lasts a while that will make the purchase justifiable).

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2020-06-27 15:01:27
So, lowkey… Isle of Armor is really good and fun. Feels way more polished than the rest of the game. It makes me optimistic that Gamefreak will actually release a quality game next time now that they know how to use the hardware.