Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion - Page 8

Re: Pokémon Sword and Shield Discussion

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2019-10-29 03:10:08

Seeing Pikachu finally back in its correct proportions is nice. Longcat is…long! I almost feel like it's a GCL tribute just because this is where I first saw that meme. :P

Overall I don't care too much about the gimmick Gigantamaxes to be honest. In fact, I don't expect to know what I'll care about until I play it (maybe I've said this), so I haven't been keeping up with the reveals.

I totally agree I was so happy to see the big Meowrh!
It brought back many memories of memeing longcat
here on GCL

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-10-29 17:58:48

Seeing Pikachu finally back in its correct proportions is nice. Longcat is…long! I almost feel like it's a GCL tribute just because this is where I first saw that meme. :P

Overall I don't care too much about the gimmick Gigantamaxes to be honest. In fact, I don't expect to know what I'll care about until I play it (maybe I've said this), so I haven't been keeping up with the reveals.

here on GCL
If spoiler tags were working I'd have quoted one of those posts from Admins Suck. Hard to believe what a big difference two years in age felt like back then.

Also…just two weeks till release now. Wow, that kinda crept up fast.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-10-29 18:34:52
Two more weeks.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-10-29 18:38:44
I want that to be a prophetic dream, especially considering it would mean they ran into space constraints even when working with a limit of 32GB.

Date: 2019-10-29 22:41:16

I want that to be a prophetic dream, especially considering it would mean they ran into space constraints even when working with a limit of 32GB.

Reports are saying the download size
is 10GB, which is not much and Im getting
the feeling that its only that size due to bad
compression on GFs part.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-10-30 02:27:57

compression on GFs part.
or good compression with a lot of entropy as an input

Date: 2019-10-30 15:18:27

compression on GFs part.

I have no idea of what it is youre trying to say

Posted by: IceFlame
Date: 2019-10-30 15:51:39

(New Pokemon prediction)

I've had a plush of that one since around Gen 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymHa5QDsHhM

Date: 2019-10-30 16:12:11

compression on GFs part.

I have no idea of what it is youre trying to say
Even the best compression algorithms don't do so well if the data doesn't repeat a lot. This is why a large file filled with all 00h bytes compresses so well (something like 4TB to a few MB) but a file filled with PRNG output doesn't compress very well. The fewer repeating patterns, the bigger the compressed file.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2019-10-30 16:49:59

here on GCL

Wow I just got hit in the face with nostalgia, thanks for that.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-10-31 06:34:05
oh my GOSH! You stole this from my friend! >:( Cause she asked Google a question he was the answer, apparently this red snake thing is the meaning of life or like a similar furry snake plushie came up anyway /joking ^w^

But yes like, it would be a good Pokemon and MissingNo. reimagined as canon, Game Freak/TPC do it  :D

(New Pokemon prediction)

I've had a plush of that one since around Gen 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymHa5QDsHhM

Aww so cute! ~ Thanks for sharing IceFlame ! ^^

Date: 2019-10-31 12:41:26

here on GCL

Wow I just got hit in the face with nostalgia, thanks for that.

Hey good to see youre still on! I still remember us trading
and doing voice chat on Pokémon pearl, good times

Date: 2019-11-01 11:45:23
https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1190199317916569606

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-11-03 22:18:13
Looks like the entire game got leaked online somewhere–leaks have been coming out pretty consistently over the past two days or so. There's a full Pokedex out there circulating, along with images/reveals of all the new Pokemon. Won't post about it here for the sake of spoilers, but if you wanna look for that information, it's out there.

Date: 2019-11-03 23:08:48

Looks like the entire game got leaked online somewhere–leaks have been coming out pretty consistently over the past two days or so. There's a full Pokedex out there circulating, along with images/reveals of all the new Pokemon. Won't post about it here for the sake of spoilers, but if you wanna look for that information, it's out there.
time to look for an installable dump, then. (Shame I can't play it…)