Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Weird music on my yellow. - Page 1

Weird music on my yellow.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2007-09-18 12:37:38
Hi, everyone. Sorry I've not been on in ages. Okay, right now I'm playing my Pokemon Yellow, trying to get the Yellow MissingNo. I think I messed it up but right so after I beaten my rival and the woman in the tower, I went outside, about to exit the gate when a message appeared on my screen. After I won he said something but it was in blocks. After I won, I heard a strange cry. So I went to the Pokemon center to heal my Pokemon, then this weird music started playing, and I couldn't move. So, any ideas?

Re: Weird music on my yellow.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-18 18:48:07
Hmm…I don't know. I think I might have heard of this though. Sounds like it's related to Zero Error.

Date: 2007-09-18 18:51:21
Zero error? I told my friend about it, he said he got the same cry on his blue. He's seen the YM withut freezing the game, and he said it's cry sounds like Lugia's. That cry I heard, ater I won, could of been the YM? I'm gonna try the trick again, as I've restarted my yellow. It's not very stable, but I'm still gonna keep trying.

Date: 2007-09-18 19:04:17
Go to the main site, go to the minor glitches, and go to Zero Error.

This sounds a little odd…what did the music sound like? It wasn't Led Zeppelin, was it?  ;D 8) XD :o Just kidding.

But seriously, what did it sound like?

Maybe it's not Zero Error…Sounds SOMEWHAT similar, though.

Wait! Your friend said his cry's like LUGIA?! Umm…how so? Lugia didn't exist yet.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-18 19:31:32
Could be some corruption caused by the Yellow MissingNO.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-18 19:42:28
Looks like a common thing with dangerouser glitches…

Date: 2007-09-18 19:51:40

Could be some corruption caused by the Yellow MissingNO.

Probably right. But for some reason, I was thinking Zero Error… :???: O_o

Date: 2007-09-18 21:11:53
Well the music was like a bleepy tune. Like the Pokeflute, but different. I know Lugia, didn't exist, back then but that cry I heard really sounded like Lugia's but a bit slowed down. My Yellow's quite old, so I'm testing this YM Trick, while it's half-alive. I think it sounded like Lugia's I was too freaked, out. It kept going on, and I wasn't able to move. I kept pressed A, to see what happens and I kept getting that noise, when you pick up something or skipping through annoying texts, from other's. I called my character Melody, (The girl form Pokemon the Moive 2000, my favorite film)

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-19 04:36:42

Hi, everyone. Sorry I've not been on in ages. Okay, right now I'm playing my Pokemon Yellow, trying to get the Yellow MissingNo. I think I messed it up but right so after I beaten my rival and the woman in the tower, I went outside, about to exit the gate when a message appeared on my screen. After I won he said something but it was in blocks. After I won, I heard a strange cry. So I went to the Pokemon center to heal my Pokemon, then this weird music started playing, and I couldn't move. So, any ideas?

Here's a savestate of this for Blue:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VR4RS7WG

Date: 2007-09-19 11:06:24
My games are cartridges. So is my friend's I believe. When I said, 'Half-alive' that meant, my Yellow is dying, of either old age, or the battery inside has become loose, when my game slipped out of my hands one night and landed on my foot.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-19 14:38:46
That wouldn't damage it much, would it?

Date: 2007-09-19 18:42:21
Don't know. Ever since, my Yellow has be weird since. My brother and I, had or yellow's at the same time, and his is fine.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-20 10:37:28
Sounds like Lugia, eh? Strange…

Now that I think of it…doesn't one of MissingNo's cries sound like Unown? I remember hearing once that they even took that cryand made it Unown's later. The only cries I've heard are Nidoran male and Dragonair though (or roughly those cries).

Date: 2007-09-20 11:09:13
The cry, after the battle, with the Super Nerd (2nd time), sounded like Lugia's. I heard, well I read about it, somewhere that one of the Gltiches, like LM4 I think, has a slowed-down cry, of a town, or something. Yellow MissingNo.'s cry, I've never neard, because he kept freezing my screen. Also my Yellow deleted my data, last night, and I lost my Mew. So, I've started once again, and hopefully, know where I went wrong.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-20 15:03:14

Sounds like Lugia, eh? Strange…

Now that I think of it…doesn't one of MissingNo's cries sound like Unown? I remember hearing once that they even took that cryand made it Unown's later. The only cries I've heard are Nidoran male and Dragonair though (or roughly those cries).

They didn't make MissingNO.'s cry into the Unown cry and another cry of MissingNO. is a Zapdos cry.

The cry, after the battle, with the Super Nerd (2nd time), sounded like Lugia's. I heard, well I read about it, somewhere that one of the Gltiches, like LM4 I think, has a slowed-down cry, of a town, or something. Yellow MissingNo.'s cry, I've never neard, because he kept freezing my screen. Also my Yellow deleted my data, last night, and I lost my Mew. So, I've started once again, and hopefully, know where I went wrong.

The second battle with the Super Nerd has a randomized text box before battle that usually looks hill things or glitchblocks.  When he is defeated, he says a random cry or glitchsound.  My glitchsound was a Grimer cry then the game started the encounter wild pokemon music including the blackening screen sound.  This is what I have infered anyway.

The LM4 pokemon has the ability to change the music to a slowed version, bass version, or a melody only version of a real song, just like some other glitch pokemon in R/B/Y.