Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Weird music on my yellow. - Page 10

Re: Weird music on my yellow.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-25 19:04:09

Is it possible, using a Gameshark, to encounter the same Pikachu you get in Yellow? It's different from an ordinary Pikachu, I'm sure it would have its own Hex.

It most certaintly doesn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yxUeTDdak0

Oh. I was just wondering because I don't have a Gameshark. Actually, I DID, but the first code I entered broke it! >:( :'(

Wait….and how the hell did Gamefreak make the Pikachu in Yellow without a corresponding hex?!

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2007-09-25 19:51:19
Who knows. Right, this it gonna sound weird. It's about Kestuban. (MissingNo.). He's still in my Party, with me right, when I checked him, he was lvl 100, due to the Rare Candy's I have. He dropped back down to lvl 1, and his HP was stretched across the screen, and where his picture would be, if he had one. So, before I took him into battle, with a trainer, so his health was at 100 or so, and when he, was hit, the green health bar started dropping then so did the red. It stopped at first, then the enemy attacked, again and his health kept going down until he fainted. I turned off the game, left it for the rest of the night, then later on, I went off again, got my next Badge, then I beaten the Rocket's at the Game Corner, then went to the Pokemon Tower, but half way there, when Kestuban fainted my Pokemon and I, were jarred, then I healed them, at them sqaures then I was fine. Even with Kestuban, as my 6th Pokemon, he looked like a Rocket, at first then he changed into something else, then I went into battle against Jessie, and James, yet I wasn't jarred neither was my Primeape.

Date: 2007-09-27 17:23:00

Who knows. Right, this it gonna sound weird. It's about Kestuban. (MissingNo.). He's still in my Party, with me right, when I checked him, he was lvl 100, due to the Rare Candy's I have. He dropped back down to lvl 1, and his HP was stretched across the screen, and where his picture would be, if he had one. So, before I took him into battle, with a trainer, so his health was at 100 or so, and when he, was hit, the green health bar started dropping then so did the red. It stopped at first, then the enemy attacked, again and his health kept going down until he fainted. I turned off the game, left it for the rest of the night, then later on, I went off again, got my next Badge, then I beaten the Rocket's at the Game Corner, then went to the Pokemon Tower, but half way there, when Kestuban fainted my Pokemon and I, were jarred, then I healed them, at them sqaures then I was fine. Even with Kestuban, as my 6th Pokemon, he looked like a Rocket, at first then he changed into something else, then I went into battle against Jessie, and James, yet I wasn't jarred neither was my Primeape.

You NAMED him? All right, whatever. I named the one I caught in Blue SUPERNO. Don't laugh. Because of this, my graphics didn't glitch up. He is now a permanent member of my team.

About the big health bar…you encountered Super Glitch. SUPER GLITCH! SUPER GLITCH!! DEFENDER OF GLITCHINESS!!! Spam aside, if you had left it turned on, once you won and got out of battle, the screen would've turned white and the game would've frozen.

Date: 2007-09-27 17:26:09
How the hell did he go down to Level 1?!  :???: O_o D:

And what's his back sprite in Yellow look like? Like the random glitchy back sprite of Red/Blue, or something else?

Date: 2007-09-27 23:39:46
I have no idea. I went to check him, to see what he was up to, and I saw his health's 15/15 and he's lvl 1. I was like. "Wtf?"
Here's what he'll look like when you do the Trick, and he'll unfreeze the game:

[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/PharaohYamiMutou/MissingnoYellow.jpg[/img]

Creepy, isn't it? Yeah, I called him Kestuban (Japanese or MissingNo./Missing Number.) I always called him, that since I learnt of it's name.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-28 10:07:46
That is the famous Yellow MissingNo.

Edit: Why the hell is there no yellow glitchdex article on him, or am I not looking properly.

Date: 2007-09-28 13:11:19
I have no idea. I've been writing down what I've learnt about him, but I guess it's already been known?

Date: 2007-09-28 14:08:53

That is the famous Yellow MissingNo.

Edit: Why the hell is there no yellow glitchdex article on him, or am I not looking properly.

I've checked Newo, it isn't there. I have no idea WHY the hell they didn't make one for him. So, yeah, there isn't one.

I have no idea. I went to check him, to see what he was up to, and I saw his health's 15/15 and he's lvl 1. I was like. "Wtf?"
Here's what he'll look like when you do the Trick, and he'll unfreeze the game:

[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/PharaohYamiMutou/MissingnoYellow.jpg[/img]

Creepy, isn't it? Yeah, I called him Kestuban (Japanese or MissingNo./Missing Number.) I always called him, that since I learnt of it's name.

Oh. It froze and beeped with me BEFORE I saw that. I'd like to see his back sprite, too, if he has one.

Date: 2007-09-28 14:11:25
He does. On my VBA version of Yellow,  I'll get him on there, catch him,, send him into a battle, and post up.

Date: 2007-09-28 14:20:48
Is it like his randomly changing pixellated one in Red/Blue?

Date: 2007-09-28 14:24:09
Well he has the same look but he don't change. His sprite however in your party does. I'm playing by VBA Yellow now, so when I get him, I'll take a few screens of what he'll do, during this time. My old yellow still has my data but I have no camera nor scanner so I'll use my VBA Yellow to post what he'll do.

Date: 2007-09-28 14:32:58

Umm…what do you mean by "jarred"? I can not for the life of me figure out what that means.

Also, by the way, "Missingchu" is fake. Just in case you were still wondering.

Date: 2007-09-28 14:39:14
*Sighs* When you have a MissingNo./'M in your party your character will be facing the other way and you'll have ||| through/on  your character's sprite same with your Pokemon. It's called jarred, or in an too easy way of saying, the graphics are scrambled.

Date: 2007-09-28 14:46:24
Oh. I KNOW WHAT THAT IS. I encountered a few times in Blue and Red. I've just never heard it called "jarred" before. Scrambled is what I have always heard it called.

Also, it is pretty freaky when your character and Pokemon are "jarred."

And Missingno.'s back sprite is pretty freaky, as well. I mean…sometimes he appears as two little dots, sometimes as a big vertical glitch block, and sometimes this REALLY FREAKY glitchy box. First time I saw that in Blue, I shut off my game, fearfully. Which one does it look like in Yellow?

Primeape? Where did you get that? From the Ditto Trick?

Date: 2007-09-28 14:49:18
No, it's was the lvl 5 Mankey I caugut. My Pikachu's on my Red, ready to learn Surf, so I've been raising the Mankey with is now my Primeape.