Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Weird music on my yellow. - Page 9

Re: Weird music on my yellow.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-23 03:07:43
MissingNO. crashes the game on Green, unless it's a skeleton or ghost.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2007-09-23 03:16:50
All I get is the L MissingNo. To get the Skeleton's or Ghosts it's about my character's name, but I always goes as my current name, or my real name, or random name.

Posted by: Mini Mew
Date: 2007-09-23 03:25:37
http://glitchcity.info/misc/namegen2

How about this page? If you look at the bottem it tells you what pokemon and level it is.  ^-^

Date: 2007-09-23 03:31:55
Hmm. I'm used to seeing 'M, and MissingNo. But I'm guessing the Ghost, and Skeleton's, have the same effect as the L MissingNo. right?

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-23 08:43:10

http://glitchcity.info/misc/namegen2

How about this page? If you look at the bottem it tells you what pokemon and level it is.  ^-^

That only works with the Old Man Trick, which isn't in Green apparently…

Date: 2007-09-23 11:15:04
Then how am I, going to be able to encounter MissingNo. if the Old Man trick don't work on Green?

Date: 2007-09-23 12:20:01
Well… you would need a GS or an emulator.
The item swap glitch will give you a super-glitch pokemon though.

Date: 2007-09-23 12:35:11
Hmm. My VBA can use GameShark codes, though. It'll be hard to know what says what. I can barely understand what's in my item's slot. I'm guessing the 3x items I have are Potions, or however it's spelt in Japanese, and I also picked  up witch I'm sure is a Pokeball.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-23 13:33:41
Is it possible, using a Gameshark, to encounter the same Pikachu you get in Yellow? It's different from an ordinary Pikachu, I'm sure it would have its own Hex.

Date: 2007-09-23 13:44:44
It might do. I can understand the Pokemon's names, in Japanese character's. That's not a problem. When I get far, I'll see what happens when I use the Old Man Trick, or there's a GS Hex for MissingNo.? Also is there anyway to encounter the ????? glitch on G/S/C? Or GS is involved again?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-09-23 13:53:45

It might do. I can understand the Pokemon's names, in Japanese character's. That's not a problem. When I get far, I'll see what happens when I use the Old Man Trick, or there's a GS Hex for MissingNo.? Also is there anyway to encounter the ????? glitch on G/S/C? Or GS is involved again?

Yes. GS is involved.

Date: 2007-09-23 13:54:55
You could also try screwing up a clone… I'm not 100% sure about that though.

Date: 2007-09-23 14:10:04
*Hits head on table* Ugh.. Trouble these days GS is just always involved in getting really interesting glitches.. *Sighs*

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-24 03:24:52

Is it possible, using a Gameshark, to encounter the same Pikachu you get in Yellow? It's different from an ordinary Pikachu, I'm sure it would have its own Hex.

It most certaintly doesn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yxUeTDdak0

Date: 2007-09-24 09:54:25
Hmm, would be weird if you cloned your Pikachu, and got another one, the same as your other.