Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

What do YOU want on the site? - Page 1

What do YOU want on the site?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-12-13 01:15:15
Recently I complained about people who came onto the site simply to tell us that <Some Other Site> (again, not naming names because we all know what site it is) is better than ours. Although I was getting steam off my back and doing good in the short-term, I realize that ranting seldom solves anything.

That said, I want to hear from YOU, the site visitors and forums members, what you feel the site lacks and what it should have.

And no, I won't dress up as Link, no matter how many of you want me to.

Re: What do YOU want on the site?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2006-12-13 03:06:57
Dress up as Zelda. :p

Posted by: Immo each yo babies!
Date: 2006-12-13 08:25:04
I think this is better than <Site Here> because we are a small community and know everybody very well… like a colonial amercian early town setting where if John Bobby catches the flu everyone knows(and is there to see him) the next day…..

…But I need full attackdex please….

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-12-13 10:47:02
Full Attackdex? Curse my procrastination… I'll try to work on that after school today. (Note the try… school is brutal this year, even though I'm homeschooled).

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-12-13 12:45:28
More stuff on the site about Pokemon in general, not just glitches, so it would be a bit more like <This_Site_Here>.

Date: 2006-12-13 13:53:40
We are Glitch City Laboratories. We have no reason to put things about the anime (crap) or the TCG (crap beyond crap) on the site; there are other excellent, devoted sites for such topics already and we would simply be reinventing a wheel that has been reinvented several times over.

And I wasn't under the impression that <this_site_here> had more Pokemon stuff than we do. Apart from a section on Team Rocket and a section on glitches, the rest is just… other Nintendo stuff and cosplay. :/

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-12-13 14:36:06
Mind blowingly cool glitches that will totally pwn <the other site>
Which is impossible because you CREATE glitches.
So my post is pointless.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2006-12-13 19:40:53
Gameshark effect articles. Although I did write two so far. XD

Uhh… more glitches from other games (such as Sonic) would be nice?

Date: 2006-12-13 21:47:21
how many known Sonic glitches are there?

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-12-14 22:01:28

We are Glitch City Laboratories. We have no reason to put things about the anime (crap) or the TCG (crap beyond crap) on the site; there are other excellent, devoted sites for such topics already and we would simply be reinventing a wheel that has been reinvented several times over.

And I wasn't under the impression that <this_site_here> had more Pokemon stuff than we do. Apart from a section on Team Rocket and a section on glitches, the rest is just… other Nintendo stuff and cosplay. :/

yeah..
also we should have (we have a staff page i know)
but an about the staff page.Just for the admins,and staff,and website peoples. =]
most visitors want a background of the staff

Date: 2006-12-14 22:25:03
There are pages for some staff
for example
http://glitchcity.info/staff/abwayax

but they aren't really linked to, and so are kinda "hidden" on the website

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2006-12-14 23:00:32

how many known Sonic glitches are there?

I don't know. I did find one, though. XD

Posted by: Pokeglitch
Date: 2006-12-15 00:06:17
There is no need for more pokemon information when there is Serebii.net .  There is no need to completely embarrass and make a fool of yourself and dress up like a fictional character.  There is no need for other video games glitches because there are other sites for that, plus there are too many games to possible have a good comprehensive site.  Gameshark maybe, but I am skeptical about that, because I don't consider gameshark codes as "glitches"

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-12-16 07:54:54

We have no reason to put things about the anime (crap) or the TCG (crap beyond crap) on the site

even though I've just done a topic about TCG Glitches (on the GBC Game…)

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-12-16 14:34:30

There are pages for some staff
for example
http://glitchcity.info/staff/abwayax

but they aren't really linked to, and so are kinda "hidden" on the website
ah yes but you could link it to the staff page,if the staff member wanted to.
Also another suggestion.To make the fourms+site spiffier how about a different color layout,or a layout choser?Something along the lines of that.I know css and html,i could help. ;)