Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

What do YOU want on the site? - Page 4

Re: What do YOU want on the site?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-01-23 14:07:21
maybe he just doesn't know how to use it. :/

Posted by: 255-Bolt
Date: 2007-01-27 18:39:54
My suggestion is that when someone registers here, they have at least 50? in their pocket.

Posted by: Master_M
Date: 2007-02-07 17:42:35

I think this is better than <Site Here> because we are a small community and know everybody very well… like a colonial amercian early town setting where if John Bobby catches the flu everyone knows(and is there to see him) the next day…..

…But I need full attackdex please….

Yeah, we need to advertise.  Some not internet glitchdex software would be cool too.  One last thing that's probably been said is that <censored for advertising perposes> has artsy stuff and we don't.  It's stupid, but they come looking for MissingNo info, but then think that the art is better and lose interest in the original perpose for the visit.  They then say we're not as good because they are weak-minded foos.

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-11 17:05:47
What is the <site not shown> site? PM me

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-02-13 20:51:21
Well…
It is an odd idea, but…

Why not a glitch tour type game? Flash or whatever, you could go around glitch city and see glitch pokemon.

Like, GCL flash edition!

*Crickets chirping*  ;D

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-02-19 21:36:18
how bout' some music? ;) like from pokemon music cds (2.B.A Master, totally pokemon ect..)! that way people can listen to music while they are doing game glitches at the same time. also maybe a simpler-to-watch emulator movie section: most people probably have to do a lot of downloading (the VBA, ROMs ect) before they can watch the movie and even after that, it sometimes dosnt work!

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-02-19 21:44:15

how bout' some music? ;) like from pokemon music cds (2.B.A Master, totally pokemon ect..)! that way people can listen to music while they are doing game glitches at the same time.

Doesn't the Pokemon games already have music? Besides a lot don't like music played in the background on sites when they don't choose to turn it on.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-02-20 15:10:22
yeah, i guess you are right. but what about the emulator saves/movies? i still cant get them to work. and it would be better to not have to view them on an emulator.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-02-20 15:19:38
Yeah, we're thinking of using YouTube movies.

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-02-20 16:15:53
Yeah! Using YouTube videos or something! I, for reasons unnamed (And I won't tell you even if you ask nicely) I can't get an Emulator. So now, I hope you can do it.

I WANNA SEE THESE SCREWY THINGS!

At the least, make a YouTube about Dimension ?.

Date: 2007-02-21 01:05:07
YouTube is unreliable for me, since they often go on deletion sprees of anything that remotely contains copyrighted content (this includes movies about Pokemon)

I was actually planning to host videos here on GCL, but any attempts at converting the AVIs to FLV's seem to FAIL.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2007-02-22 19:37:32
Why do you need to convert them to FLVs? You could just convert them to some other space-efficient format and upload them. I don't like FLVs because there's no easy way to download, save, and play them.

Date: 2007-02-22 20:27:07
There's a free FLV player available, and if I need I could put a download link to the file itself.

What would you suggest?

Posted by: MissingNo man
Date: 2007-04-10 12:42:53
I know! How about a glitch pokemon of the week? ???

Just choose a random pokemon out of the glitch dex and it become the glitch pokemon of the week!
:) ;D :( ??? :-[ :-\ :'(

Please REPLY SOON!

Date: 2007-04-11 00:19:24
First of all, you don't need to throw in lots and lots of smilies. I don't believe you are smiling, frowning, and crying all at once (unless you have two heads like Zaphod Beeblebrox or something). And second, move tags are annoying. Do not use them.

That feature is a bit… gimmicky. I might implement it in future (an older version of the site had "Glitch Pokemon of the Day" or some such thing), but it is not a top or secondary priority.