Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Generation V confirmed - Page 1

Generation V confirmed

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-29 17:36:37
According to Pokémon.co.jp some time in 2010 a new game will be released with 'whole new Pokémon', the article is named (when roughly translated into English with Google translator) as 'Pocket Monsters completely new series in development for release later this year 2010!' which may suggest that this new game will be part of a completely new generation.

The article also states (with a slight Engrish translation) "The latest in the world is developing more than 1,715 million (more than 580 million domestic) boasts the unit sales of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl from four full years as new, a new game and new Pokemon than ever In addition, you will be reborn in all innovative."

Many sites such as Bulbapedia believe that this may be the start of Generation V and speculation suggests that similarly to how when Generation IV Pokémon were shown in later Generation III episodes and movies the upcoming 13th Pokémon movie (Phantom Ruler Z) will feature at least two new Pokémon or at least two new forms (as shown as white ? marks in a black circle) when Japan sold plushes to correspond with the new movie.

Personally, I find this exciting as new evolutions could be made for underused Pokémon such as Delibird however I might not enjoy it so much if they make a lot of legendaries in order to outdo Arceus. My friend even thought of the name 'Ottid' as a big fat ditto evolution  ;D

The exact article is here http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

Edit: This topic has been made a sticky; since the confirmation of two new Dark Type Pokémon named Zorua and Zoroark I guess that it is safe to confirm that a fifth Generation of Pokémon is coming soon. http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,5850.msg174154.html#msg174154

Re: Generation V semi-confirmed?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-01-29 17:56:30
Wow, this was very unexpected. I guess I'll have to watch the new movie then. Preferably before it's dubbed.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2010-01-29 18:21:20
Wow, I half expected another spin-off series (or at least the release of the G/S remakes world-wide) before they would announce the fifth gen. Five bucks says it will be rushed out like Platinum was. Then they'll have a bunch of things to fix for the expansion game.

Bulbanews Article

<Watch this thread get stickied soon.>

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-01-30 13:20:25
Bout' time generation 5 starts coming around the corner. It has been a while since gerneration 4 came out and I was beginning to wonder where Nintendo was going next. I like the idea of a new series, it would be cool if they decided added an action style to a Pokemon game. Of course, the "new pokemon" could STILL be just another new form but its definitely very interesting news. Especially since the arctile mentioned something unexpected. We will soon find out….

Date: 2010-01-30 13:33:36
Bout' time generation 5 starts coming around the corner. It has been a while since gerneration 4 came out and I was beginning to wonder where Nintendo was going next. I like the idea of a new series, it would be cool if they decided added an action style to a Pokemon game. Of course, the "new pokemon" could STILL be just another new form but its definitely very interesting news. Especially since the arctile mentioned something unexpected. We will soon find out….

Some sources have said that two new Pokémon may be revealed as soon as February when Japan reveals those silhoutted Pokémon plushies based on the upcoming 13th movie. If those sources are true we may only have a few months to wait until the Japanese version of these games comes out! The article did say that this new game would be released in 2010 though so they might be released at the latest in December.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2010-01-30 17:36:56

shown as black ? marks in a circle

Decamark reference right there.

anyway, I always had suspicions about a 5th generation existing in the future.

Date: 2010-01-30 17:46:13

shown as black ? marks in a circle

Decamark reference right there.

anyway, I always had suspicions about a 5th generation existing in the future.

Sorry, I worded that wrongly what I meant though was a black circle, with a white ? mark in that circle. I've been suspicious about it as well, a total of 493 Pokémon seemed quite strange almost as if they were going to add seven or eight 'extra Pokémon' however the addition of Arceus made be quite doubtful as well.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-01-30 18:52:54
Just to rub salt in the speculation fire, or whatever the correct idiom is:

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/1ymgea.jpg[/img]
Apparently this image has a connection to Game Freak offering 3D modeling jobs last October.

Date: 2010-01-30 23:19:30
That would be "putting on a tinfoil hat."

And if that means what I think it means, then us spriters are definitely out-of-business.

Date: 2010-01-31 05:33:51

Apparently this image has a connection to Game Freak offering 3D modeling jobs last October.

That definitely resembles Lugia! I wonder if that could also mean that Nintendo are releasing some sort of Pokémon Battle Revolution 2 or a new Pokémon Colosseum like RPG for the wii to go with that new DS game? But of course only time will tell, for all we know this might be part of some sort of advanced cutscene on the new DS game to come.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-01-31 12:07:49

That definitely resembles Lugia! I wonder if that could also mean that Nintendo are releasing some sort of Pokémon Battle Revolution 2 or a new Pokémon Colosseum like RPG for the wii to go with that new DS game? But of course only time will tell, for all we know this might be part of some sort of advanced cutscene on the new DS game to come.

Hmm, like the menu screen for SoulSilver?

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e4/SoulSilver_title.png[/img]

No, the picture Zowayix gave is far too complicated to be the Lugia in that picture. Although, this one (appears around 1:30) in the SoulSilver Lugia event could be it. Maybe. I doubt they would need 3D modelers to do Playstation-level polygons.

Date: 2010-01-31 15:19:25
Who knows. Maybe they'll go back to all the nice features of the Stadium games. Like, actual Stadium Cups, instead of being forced to have a copy of the DS games. Plus, I miss the included organizer and extra storage boxes. That thing was KICK-ASS!

Date: 2010-01-31 16:58:03

Who knows. Maybe they'll go back to all the nice features of the Stadium games. Like, actual Stadium Cups, instead of being forced to have a copy of the DS games. Plus, I miss the included organizer and extra storage boxes. That thing was KICK-ASS!

I would definitely enjoy that! Note that is possible to beat Stargazer Colosseum with rentals, and even some of the higher sets if you obtained a team of high base-stat Pokémon or Pokémon with ideal moves such as this particular endeavouring/reversal dodrio from set 8 of the rental trade battles. However, PBR never lets you actually choose those Pokémon.

It seems that Nintendo have already re-introduced the extra storage box idea by releasing Pokémon Box to correspond with Generation III games and later My Pokémon Ranch for the Wii; however with speculation of Generation V coming out I wouldn't be surprised if they re-introduced the old Pokémon stadium system.

Date: 2010-02-02 19:56:28
Fridge Logic: There are no more title colors.

My guess is that the new names will be Sun, Moon, and Star or something similar. Anyone else want to place a bet?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-02-06 22:59:53
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/First_Gen_V_Pok%C3%A9mon_revealed_in_Pok%C3%A9mon_Sunday And so, the journey continues. Welcome to generation V.