Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Generation V confirmed - Page 8

Re: Generation V confirmed

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2010-06-12 14:50:37
I don't care about Brock either…he's been in all 11(?) seasons…
To Nintendo: Just give him a girl and let him be done in the anime.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-12 16:02:18

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/1/18/Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png/200px-Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png[/img]

She likes him back, but she never revealed it to him.
In fact, it was BECAUSE of Brock that she decided to battle Ash right away.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-06-12 22:03:32

[img]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/1/18/Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png/200px-Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png[/img]

She likes him back, but she never revealed it to him.
In fact, it was BECAUSE of Brock that she decided to battle Ash right away.

Ahh whats her name again? I've seen her before…Lucy?

Date: 2010-06-12 22:26:39
Yes. Pike Queen Lucy.

Anabel, another Frontier Brain like Ash the same way. That's a first.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-06-13 16:30:07
Yeah, well Brock was one of the original characters. Despite his repetitiveness at times, he is a good friend to ash and a good cook. Underneath his retarded behaviors are character qualities that have enabled him to last all this time. They took away Misty, they had recasting, and the death of an original VA (Meowth's voice). If they take away Brock, then the series has lost its originality aside from the main hero. Nonetheless, I will still watch the Anime and enjoy it, but the empty hole that I have will grow wider, longing even more for the days of what it once was. But this is slightly off topic about new Pokemon, just needed to share my thoughts :).

Date: 2010-06-13 18:39:05
The only original characters that will be in will be Ash and Team Rocket if this is true.
Now the only question is…WHERE IS MEWTWO?!?

On-Topic: I wonder what evolutions these new ones have…

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-06-15 19:56:33
Not sure what evolutions they'll have - I hope they look cooler than the Gen IV final stages (not saying they're bad.)

Me and my friend love to joke about a stupid thing that Nintendo would reveal since there isn't much info still. I scared him by saying that Zoroark or Zorua would be a pre-evolution of Arceus, and he gasped and said "[MAH NAME HERE], don't even SAY that!" He also sent me a message saying if there was a Deoxys evolution, and I replied "That knows Explosion and Milk Drink."

I always call Mijumaru in real-life a "pussy-ass otter" for humor purposes and for the fact that I don't like it.

Date: 2010-06-15 20:28:27
No. Arceus is the pre-evolution of Dunsparce! Get it right!

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2010-06-15 20:42:27
I'm wondering if they'll introduce any new type combinations in Black and White… I'd like to see some creative ones, like Electric/Grass (negates weakness to ground but gives you a weakness to ice and fire), Steel/Poison (pretty cool type combo, but 4x weak to ground), and pure Flying (please make a Pokémon like this. =/)

Anyone willing to bet that this generation's übers (forgot their names) will be Dragon/Psychic and Dragon/Dark (both maybe with Levitate?) I'm willing to bet 100 Pokémoney that they'll be those types. =/

Date: 2010-06-15 20:56:35
The Legendaries have been revealed to be Dragon/Fire (Reshiram) and Dragon/Electric (Zekrom).

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-06-16 12:47:04
Someone owes 100 Pokebucks. Luckily that isn't that much, about a dollar.

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2010-06-16 15:07:23
Personally, I like the way the designs are going so far.  My favorite of the Pokemon so far is Chiramii, it's just awesome.  My favorite of the starters is Mijumaru.

For the other Pokemon, Giaru isn't bad, IMO, it's gonna be interesting if they make their abilities affect their evolution(Minus and Plus).  Munna looks like a Drwozee evo that got really fat and was painted pink with flowers.  Tsutaaja and Pokabu are okay, but not as good as Mijumaru IMO.  Mamepato is just another regional bird.  I don't like Hihidaruma.  Shimama is really cool, and the electric typing is interesting.  I'm not sure what to think of Meguroko yet.  And I'm indifferent on Zoroa/Zoroaku.(Yes, I call them by their Japanese names.)

So yeah…

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2010-06-16 15:28:29
Any word of new abilities/moves/natures/etc. yet? And will it be a one-way trade from generation IV to V? =/

I think they shouldn't add new natures if they want to maintain bidirectional compatibility with both generations; abilities and moves are no problem as a Pokémon can be reverted to a Gen 4 ability, and there's also a move deleter in Gen 5, so Gen 5 moves won't be a problem. New natures, otoh… that could cause problems with bidirectional transport, unless they can somehow change the nature to one that's compatible with gen 4 (that won't work if they add HP+/HP- natures, though). =P

Also, wonder if the move relearner will use anything different for currency in the 5th generation… or even if it'll be free in gen 5, like the move deleter.

Date: 2010-06-16 16:19:01
Abiltities and Moves:
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/attacks.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/ability.shtml

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-06-18 15:20:44
Pokémon.co.jp updated

Woo, Battle Screen has a clock.