Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Generation V confirmed - Page 7

Re: Generation V confirmed

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-11 00:08:53

I have a feeling it would have six hands…for some reason.

Also, Shuckle evo please GameFreak.

Yes. Both should have evos.

And a pre-evo that connects Tauros and Miltank.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-06-11 00:27:47

I have a feeling it would have six hands…for some reason.

Also, Shuckle evo please GameFreak.

Yes. Both should have evos.

And a pre-evo that connects Tauros and Miltank.

I agree with all of this!

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-06-11 11:58:47
More Black and White information surfacing

So, new Pokemon.

Hihidaruma looks like Rock Lee from Naruto.  Someone make an image macro showing the similarities and a witty caption… now.

Date: 2010-06-11 13:10:05

So, new Pokemon.

Hihidaruma looks like Rock Lee from Naruto.  Someone make an image macro showing the similarities and a witty caption… now.

Hahah
I'm tempting to just post the whole conversation from IRC up on here about that nonsense XD

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2010-06-11 17:33:05

So, new Pokemon.

Those all look alright by me…

Except there's another FUCKING pigeon!!!

Date: 2010-06-11 17:44:16
And what's worse about this one is that it has the same body type as Starly!

As for the others:
SWEET! A chinchilla!!!! ;D
A fire ape? As if three flaming simians weren't enough…though it's eyes remind me of Rock Lee, as Gary said.
The zebra looks cool. And it's black with white stripes! I bet it's shiny looks like a typical zebra; white with black stripes…
The desert croc looks cool, but there is only one crocodile/aligator for me, and that's Feraligatr.
I don't like that pink thing. I just don't.
The gears remind me too much of Bronzor, and they look kind of stupid to me. AND it took away from Plusle and Minun of their unique abilities.

The fact that to get Zorua you need Celebi and to get Zoroark you need a shiny beast is starting to make me think that they are:
1. Legendary
2. NOT related through evolution
3. Event only Pokemon like Mew

And for the first time, the Professor is female? Cool.

Also, their goes my Light type theory…Reshiram is Dragon/Fire, whereas Zekrom is in fact Dragon/Electric.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2010-06-11 19:53:09
The pink thing? What animal is it supposed to be based off of?

Hopefully both Reshiram and Zekrom will be both available in each version of the game.

Date: 2010-06-11 20:10:20
It's not an animal. It's based on one of those little red things with faces that creep people out. Starts with an "M", can't remember what it is…

Date: 2010-06-11 23:48:18
*UPDATE*

Ok, it hit me today… I was talking to a friend (who is a member here, he he) and she pointed out the similarities of these new starters to older Pokemon.

Here's what I see when I look at the new Pokemon…
[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/fmpd0m.png[/img]
Quilava + Treeko
[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/npown6.png[/img]
Tochick + Spoink
[img]http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0510/mijumaru.png[/img]
Mr.Mime + Piplup

Anyway, I think I'm fine with the other new ones. Except the pigeon.

The pink thing is kinda lame too.

Not like GameFreak needs my permission.

It'd be sweet if they did though.

Date: 2010-06-12 00:41:56
I don't see the Quilava in the Grass one or the Torchic in the Fire one.
But I see Mime Jr. and Piplup in the Water.

Date: 2010-06-12 09:54:48

I agree with you!
I see more of a Cyndaquil/Treeko kind of deal going on with the first one

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2010-06-12 10:40:37
Hey, guys I'm actually active today lol! Here is my thoughts of each new Pokemon so far:

grass starter: why is it supposed to be a grass snake? it definitely seems to be more of a lizard with a long snout.

fire starter: not too sure about it, they stole Spoink's tail a little bit. The evolutions could wind up being really cool, or really weird. Hopefully cool cause otherwise it would ruin my friend's trend of liking every fire starter so far.

water starter: It's a Piplup. jr! Actually, a sea otter is not a bad idea, though there is a large physiology resemblence.

chinchilla: good idea, pretty cute, well designed. This is a neat Pokemon all around.

ahem* the…..pink thing….OF DOOM. That thing creeps me out, seriously WHAT is it? It would definitely eat my dreams! There seems to be an early trend of painting little pictures on the new Pokemon (flowers on this one and a shell on the otter).

Nintendo staff member: "wait, I got it! We'll call it Gear! Isn't that just original, we are so brilliant!" FAIL. Good thing that's the JP name, they better change it in America. It's pretty interesting, does look too much like Bronzor. The Pokemon are getting weirder…but that's ok! I'm still a diehard fan so I'll criticize at first, but then decide I'll like them all later.

Nooo! Another Normal/Flying bird to poop on us! Well, as long as It's evolutions compensate for the (very) repetitive type with cool abilities and attacks, I'll be fine with it.

fire thing: At first, I was like "say what?", but then I decided. He is crazy, and weirdly awesome! His weirdawesomeness somehow reminded me of how much I thought Loudred and Exploud were weird before I liked them later.

zebra: Yet another weird, but cool Pokemon. This time, giving me a similar impression that I had with with Girafarig back in the 2nd gen. Nintendo has a strange way of being brilliant idiots…

crocodile: Having wild, stripy colors is also a growing trend by Nintendo it seems. I can just tell, its evolution will be a dangerous sweeper due to raising attack after every KO. And Ground/Dark is an interesting combo.

Zorua & Zoruark: Muahahah, Zoruark is so evil looking in the movie trailer. I get the feeling that those two will be the "Riolu & Lucario" of the 5th generation, it terms of battling awesomeness. Other people have said that too.

Reshiram: Light type yay, buh-da-buh-buh- *eerk* oh wait, NOT a light type!? Gah, oh well at least it's a dragon/fire. A type that should have appeared a long time ago. This guy and it's counter part rock!

Zekrom: again NO dark type? what the*beep*? At least Nintendo is inventing more unique type combo's, but I didn't expect dragon/electric at all for him!

The 5th generation looks prosperous in the games, but I am worried about how the anime will do. According to Bulbapedia, they are planning to replace Brock in the next series. *sigh*, PLEASE keep going strong in America, don't go off the air after the next wave of controversy! It'll be ok if they exchange him for Misty or the old VA's.

Date: 2010-06-12 12:29:22
I recently read about the new season.
My guess is that Brock will come back in the 4th episode. He has a habit of "disappearing" just to appear in a later episode.

Date: 2010-06-12 12:37:32

I agree with you!
I see more of a Cyndaquil/Treeko kind of deal going on with the first one

Maybe I meant Cyndaquil instead of Quilava, ha ha.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-06-12 14:21:02
I like these new Pokemon, save for Mamepeto and its evolutions. We already have *ahem*: Pidgey, Spearow, Hoothoot, Tailow, Starly, and all of their evolutions. Nevertheless, the others are quite original. The starters, the starters; they are both cute and awesome. This is the first year I haven't been disappointed by any of the starters - even the Grass type ones, which I generally don't like. Hihidaruma and Munna are a little odd, but I suppose we'll get used to them. Giaru (Gear) is yes, a lot like Bronzor, but is great for machine-themed teams. The best thing I can say about Chiramii is that it isn't an electric mouse (finally, I'm sick of them). Double thumbs-up for Shimama and Megaruko; they are both original and interesting, and I hope to train them. Finally, Reshiram and Zekrom: The Yin/Yang concept is very interesting. I have a feeling that this generation's theme will be Balance, similarly to Generation IV's Power theme. And finally, Brock leaving is loooong overdue. Do you know how repetitive his random crushes can get? I hope he's replaced with a more interesting character.

tl;dr very little unoriginality and lots of creativity, I don't care about Brock

Also, here's a map of the new region Isshu: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/88/CoroCoro_June_4.jpg

When I saw the desert region, I started grinning like it was Christmas morning and there was a copy of White under the tree.