Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Generation V confirmed - Page 9

Re: Generation V confirmed

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2010-06-18 19:13:42
Favorite battle page design yet.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-06-20 18:44:58
I found this randomly; it's from 2009, but is still relevant.

Can we expect a Pokemon Gray/Ash soon after Black and White? Perhaps.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-06-22 12:45:51

I found this randomly; it's from 2009, but is still relevant.

Can we expect a Pokemon Gray/Ash soon after Black and White? Perhaps.

Yes, thats possible. Back in 2009, people suspected that perhaps these names were registered to intensify legal action against people selling the actual counterfeit games (e.g. Black for the GameBoy), but I guess this theory is being reconsidered now, after the confirmation of an actual Pokémon Black and White. Its not only Pokémon trademarks that Nintendo registered that year, but also software and hardware, one of which has actually been released at a later date.

For example:
1) WiiGoldenHandle (2008) - Later a limited edition golden Wii Wheel handle
(Club Nintendo Golden Wheel gift).

Also:
1) DS Houi Sensor Card - Possible tentative name for software allowing directional/GPS capabilities on the DS, later announced for the 3DS?
2) PiCOPiCT - May have been the working title for the DSi's Flipnote Studio.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2010-06-27 18:27:24
Well, the new Pokemon revealed on Oha Suta today look….well…WUTTHEHELL.

Check out Serebii for the designs.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-27 19:55:06
I don't like some of them.
Though the sarcophagus could be interesting. inb4pharoahrobotnikreference
And I like the one next to the giant mole. Makes me think of Godzilla.

But the big reveal is: TRIPLE BATTLES! How is THAT going to work?
Hell, sometime in the future, we need Sextuple Battles! J/K.

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-27 20:31:23
Triple Battles? That's gonna be a doozy.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-07-13 18:39:19
Indicating that Isshu is far away, the routes have once again reset and will begin with Route 1.

[size=6]FUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/size]

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-07-13 19:54:37
You mean 301. :P

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-07-13 21:34:04

Indicating that Isshu is far away, the routes have once again reset and will begin with Route 1.

[size=6]FUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/size]

Waaaaaaaaat

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-07-14 06:52:00
If true and if "Route 1" wasn't a mistake from Serebii, thats a little dissappointing, I hope it doesn't get to the point where citizens of Isshu don't even realize the existance of Kanto or Johto.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-07-15 15:57:53
Route numbers are a silly thing to complain about. I like the indications that Isshu is more separated from the other regions.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-07-15 16:13:01

Route numbers are a silly thing to complain about. I like the indications that Isshu is more separated from the other regions.
I think it causes very unnecessary confusion.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-07-15 19:53:21

Why would it? If you need to be specific, you can say "Kanto Route 1" or "Isshu Route 1". There are 4 Safari Zones, 3 Victory Roads, 3 Cycling Roads, 3 Battle Frontiers… having two "Route 1" won't necessarily make it any better.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-07-15 22:03:36

Why would it? If you need to be specific, you can say "Kanto Route 1" or "Isshu Route 1". There are 4 Safari Zones, 3 Victory Roads, 3 Cycling Roads, 3 Battle Frontiers… having two "Route 1" won't necessarily make it any better.

It's not much more confusing, but it makes it seem more like Nintendo is not catering to its real fans by shoving aside the old games.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2010-07-15 22:11:14
We all asked for a new and original game, so far it looks like we're getting it, quit bitching. Seriously, route numbers? Who gives a fuck, honestly.