Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion - Page 1

Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2016-02-26 12:03:09
Get hype! They were announced today.

Re: Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-02-26 12:07:23
Not really hyped that much right now, to be honest.

When more information appears, maybe…

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-02-26 12:15:40

They're now localizing the games into Chinese as well.

Date: 2016-02-26 12:16:50

So some people don't have to deal with shitty fan translations.

Still not hyped yet.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2016-02-26 12:36:59

same

That, a few concept drawings of a few trucks, a pokecenter, a screenshot of a town in development, and a 3d model of an unfinished pokemon was literally all we got from the direct about the game.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2016-02-26 13:01:24
Personally, I'm just wondering how the unreleased content discovered in XY relate to these games.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2016-02-26 13:19:28

Personally, I'm just wondering how the unreleased content discovered in XY relate to these games.

Same. Also RIP Z.

I'm fucking hype tho for these games let's goooo! As much as I wanted Z to explore the rest of Kalos/answer those questions, XY was kinda boring and I'm excited to have new games!

Posted by: Kraust
Date: 2016-02-26 17:31:24
I'm hoping that they either release it on the N3DS or Android so I don't feel like crap after I threw my 2DS away.

Either way, I feel like this will be like Gen V where I ultimately don't care if I don't get it. Series is at an all time low for me, and the only entertainment value will come from what hilarity people will do with the RBY VC games.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2016-02-26 20:01:08
>not naming the topic "Pokemon S&M Discussion"

But yeah, the trailer was pretty disappointing. Yes, Pokemans was released 20 years ago, I know that already, I don't care. Show me what the actual game you're promoting is like.

Also does it feel to anyone else like Gen 6 was rushed quite a bit? Day 1 game-breaking bugs, not much new porkymans, and now they're moving on to the next gen already without a third version or set of sequels. They have the same 3 year timeframe with this one, unless they decide to delay it, so hopefully this will feel a bit more fleshed out.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-02-27 06:06:30

Also does it feel to anyone else like Gen 6 was rushed quite a bit? Day 1 game-breaking bugs, not much new porkymans, and now they're moving on to the next gen already without a third version or set of sequels. They have the same 3 year timeframe with this one, unless they decide to delay it, so hopefully this will feel a bit more fleshed out.

I'd say it depends on what you consider "rushed".

https://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/?p=722

XYは年の年
への翻訳のと00人とにま

(年 = about 3.5 years)

https://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=613

It took three and a half years to develop this game.
Taking into account the localization groups for each language,
more than five hundred people were involved in the development.

I think they decided to drop solitary versions altogether due to poor sales. Even Black 2 and White 2 didn't sell that much. The first paired versions of a generation and remakes are the games that sell well.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-02-27 09:47:15

>not naming the topic "Pokemon S&M Discussion"

*cringe*

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-05-10 16:34:14
So the starters are an owl name Rowlet, a cat named Litten, and what appears to be an otter(?) named Popplio. Possible legendaries are a lion named Solgaleo and some kind of bat thing named Lunaala who is totally not Count Bleck guize srsly:

http://gamerant.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-starters-legendaries/

Region appears to be based on Hawaii, and named Alola:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/10/pokemon-sun-and-moon-first-gameplay-new-starters-region-revealed

Customization is back.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/05/10/pokemon-sun-and-moon-will-have-trainer-customization-options/

Release dates are November 18 2016 for everywhere except Europe, where it comes out on the 23rd.

Date: 2016-05-10 18:03:56
Still not hyped. The starters look nice, however.

Posted by: Surfingpichu
Date: 2016-05-10 22:06:51
I like the owl starter's design a lot. I'm debating whether to start this one off with a Nuzlocke or not… I might.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-05-11 05:13:34
I really like the owl too.