Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion - Page 11

Re: Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-12-21 11:41:35
I took the first result out of googling "QR code generator" :P

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-23 03:55:22
Well, my play time is 133:37,
Lel.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-12-24 21:40:17
Anyone got any Rowlets or Popplios that they'd be willing to give away? I'm 50 away from completing my Pokedex.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-25 06:41:51
Breed Littens and put them up on the GTS. I promise, it works.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-12-25 16:19:40
>Mt. Lanakila
>Built up as some super terrifying treacherous path full of life-terminating hazards and horrifically strong Pokémon which only the bravest of the brave have ever managed to climb and defeat respectively
>Is as big as G/S/C Victory Road and has the same number of trainers: 0
>Most threatening Pokémon is Drampa and only if its ability is Berserk.

Okay.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-01-24 20:29:30
So the Pokemon Bank update has been released! However guess what's blocked from being able to be transported over? Mew and glitches. :P However upon trying to transfer a Missingno. over I got a glitch to occur. All the Pokemon I had after Missingno. got all their nicknames changed! I had a Mew, Snorlax, Missingno., Venusaur, Blastoise, and Electabuzz in that order in the box. Mew and Missingno. got blocked, so only Snorlax, Venusaur, Blastoise, and Electabuzz was able to be sent over. However my Venusaur is now named "MISSINGNO_", my Blastoise is named "VENUSAUR", and my Electabuzz is named "AQUAMAN" since I named my Blastoise that. So if you wish to keep the names you gave your Pokemon to, I advise you not to try and send Missingno. Here's my video showcasing it. Haven't caught any other glitches yet in my VC Blue version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuvQrswKskk

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-01-25 08:13:57
I was kinda expecting a "Lunar" or "Celestial" type when I first heard of it.
But nope.
It's still awesome though.

Next up! Pokemon FORK and Pokemon SPOON!
Hahahaha.
:D

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-25 13:21:45
Oh, cool, nickname shifting! Well… not surprised considering the current track record (y'know, 99% of the Wiki)

Date: 2017-01-25 14:51:14
Anyone know if the Pokemon in your bank will stay there if you haven't renewed your bank subscription and have yet to update? I'm gonna update soon after I renew my subscription but I don't want to lose my living dex.

Date: 2017-01-25 15:16:29

It's strange to me that the new legendaries are weak to the type you'd think would correspond to their game. Solgaleo is weak to Fire, Lunala is quad weak to Dark. That had to be intentional.

From what I've seen of the region, it looks to be a lot more detailed/expansive than how Kalos looked. Rather than simple routes it actually looked like, from the few clips I saw, a world that I'd want to explore every nook and cranny of.

#teamLitten

True actually, I didn't notice that until now.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2017-01-25 16:53:14

>Mt. Lanakila
>Built up as some super terrifying treacherous path full of life-terminating hazards and horrifically strong Pokémon which only the bravest of the brave have ever managed to climb and defeat respectively
>Is as big as G/S/C Victory Road and has the same number of trainers: 0
>Most threatening Pokémon is Drampa and only if its ability is Berserk.

Okay.

Truth be told, I think this is S&M's flaw in that it really drops off towards the end of the game. At the start and middle it's like "whoa holy shit dang", but… what even is Poni Island? It's like they just gave up. And then there's the mountain as you mention, and then the post-game…

>tfw no Battle Frontier ever again
>tfw no game will ever have as much post-game sidequests as gens 3/4/5

Date: 2017-01-25 17:51:37

There's, like, five different "leaks" of the starter's final evos. All of them look horrible. Especially [size=1pt]evil clown Poppolio[/size].

Of course those leaks are fake.  This one contains the REAL evolutionary chains.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/V142sBU.png[/img]

As you can see, Bert, that clown is NOT evil as it's the legit one.

Glad you cleared that up!

So how much pokemon does that make now? Over 1000?

[font=trebuchet ms]That just made my day[/font]

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-25 18:50:03
Poni Island?

Horrible flashbacks of indie games, here…

Date: 2017-01-25 19:17:11

Not too interested in new Pokemon games but was Gnoggin right?

I really like that ASCII.
Can I use it?

Date: 2017-01-25 21:31:37

Truth be told, I think this is S&M's flaw in that it really drops off towards the end of the game. At the start and middle it's like "whoa holy s**t dang", but… what even is Poni Island? It's like they just gave up. And then there's the mountain as you mention, and then the post-game…

Yeah, I was pretty underwhelmed with the late game. After the Aether Foundation, really, the game drops off exploration-wise. I really felt like the true "Victory Road" of the game was Vast Poni Canyon. Mt. Lanakila just felt like a formality after I'd made it through that mess of a canyon.

The postgame as well was pretty disappointing. Rather than having interesting sidequests to find the UBs, the UBs basically amounted to "go to X place, encounter X UB, throw one Beast Ball, repeat" over and over and over. No real puzzles involved with getting to them - hell, not even any overworld sprites for the UBs. I feel like Game Freak got lazy towards that part of the game and it led the UB sidequest - which could have been something really cool - to be super forgettable.

Plus, what in the f**k are the grinding options postgame? There's hardly anything outside of battling wild Pokemon in Poni Gauntlet that's useful for leveling up stuff quickly. I really miss the Secret Base system from Generation III and ORAS. Those made leveling so much easier. I guess that Festival Plaza can level stuff up quickly, but I haven't really delved into the Plaza very much. I still don't know how to level up the Plaza and, as a result, mine is very underdeveloped and underleveled.