Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion - Page 3

Re: Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-05 01:01:58
Here, we can discuss about the upcoming (coming October 18) demo of Pokémon Sun and Moon, and the full game (coming 18 November in America and 23-rd in Europe) We can ask questions, talk, etc.
This topic was merged. Intro no longer needed.
So, here's my question. Can you transfer the special Pokémon (Ash-Greninja in this case) to the electronic version? Or is it cartrigde only?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2016-10-05 03:55:42
the CIA and NCCH versions should have the same UniqueID so most likely, yes.

The demo is already on CDN. Just awaiting the title key :)

Date: 2016-10-05 04:22:08
The newest trailer from yesterday showed the demo's special Pokémon, Ash-Greninja. So it will possibly be like the Mega Glailie from ORAS Demo. Also, will the "Pokémon Link" come back then?
Here's the official websibe on S&M:
Right here.
Also, I asked this because I won't be running to the nearest shop (which is a 30-60 minute drive from my home) just to find out that they don't have the game yet, and I would rather get the electronic version on launch day.
And, I wonder, what would happen with Pokémon you can't find\battle in the demo? Will it be like ORAS demo, where Hoopa used invalid data and had a Unown ? model, a Bulbasaur's cry, and correct type?
EDIT:I changed the title, because I will talk not just about the demo.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-10-09 00:28:55
Stickying this as it's the new upcoming game (removed OR/AS discussion thread as a sticky).

I am so hyped for this game it's unbelievable.
The number of changes they're making to the core of the game will make this unlike any other Pokemon game before it. The seeming abandonment of gyms in favor of Island Trials looks like a really cool mechanic, plus the addition of Alola forms will breathe life into old Pokemon and give them a place in Alola (especially Exeggutor!)

The Z-move mechanic doesn't look super overpowered so that's encouraging. I'd hate to see competitive battling become "who can get the Smash Ball first". And lots of the new Pokemon have abilities or moves that balance out the current meta (entry hazards galore!).

There's so much new stuff to explore and so many new features that I can't wait for the game to come out. I just don't want to check the internet once the demo's been released to avoid spoilers lol.

Date: 2016-10-09 02:48:12
Thanks Missing? NO! for sticking this thread. Anyway, my brother is completly avoiding some spoilers, like the recently revealed starter evolutions. Also, the Festival Plaza is a pretty good idea, now just re-add Wonder Trade :).

The Battle Royale is also epic. The only draw-back of it is the battle ending once one player whites/blacks out.
Also, read some info on the official website of S&M linked in post 3.

Date: 2016-10-09 03:12:33

The only draw-back of it is the battle ending once one player whites/blacks out.

Really? Lame. I was hoping for a more King-of-the-Hill style of battle where one player's left standing at the end.
I'm curious to see what Poke Pelago is like. Interesting to see that they'd change us something as basic and fundamental as box mechanics in a Pokemon game when it's been a staple for every generation.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-10-09 05:37:07
I must say, at first I thought these games were overhyped ; 'cause the "plot" hasn't changed much (begin your adventure as a normal boy, get your starter from a prof, beat the 8 gyms, the Elite Four, complete da pokédex, put the game back in its case, sell it, make profit, begin your own organ exchange platform, become super duper rich but wanted by the FBI, go to Bangkok…)

Wait, forget what's after selling the game.

Now I've heard that this was changed, I bow to Game Freak to at least attempt such a move. I heavily hope this will refresh the story of these games :)
(Still not going to buy, though :3)

Date: 2016-10-09 07:11:11

(Still not going to buy, though :3)

so, you're going to pirate it? :P

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-10-09 07:32:32
Nah, I have a n3DS, and lots of retrogaming to do if we're talking about playing illegally.

Plus Pokémon games don't get me hyped (save for glitches, hello hellooo Gen 1 !)

Date: 2016-10-09 07:50:01

Plus Pokémon games don't get me hyped (save for glitches, hello hellooo Gen 1 !)

Plenty of research to do on Gen VI :p (and for that matter S&M upon release!)

Date: 2016-10-09 09:05:25

…the "plot" hasn't changed much (begin your adventure as a normal boy, get your starter from a prof, beat the 8 gyms, the Elite Four, complete da pokédex, put the game back in its case, sell it, make profit, begin your own organ exchange platform, become super duper rich but wanted by the FBI, go to Bangkok…)…

I heard that there will be no Gyms, no HM's, and NO Elite Four (lel you will need to make one yourself lel).

Date: 2016-10-09 14:21:43

NO Elite Four (lel you will need to make one yourself lel).

Where'd you hear that?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-10-09 16:11:44
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7441.0

Merge?

Does anyone have a favorite SuMo Pokémon so far? I like Drampa and I'm going to nickname it Chris Hansen.

I heard that there will be no Gyms, no HM's, and NO Elite Four

I've heard this too and that there's some kind of Champion anyway; I think it's something like they're the strongest Trainer in the region. I'm interested in how this'll play out, but I'm wary considering GameFreak have a mixed track record when it comes to trying new things.

Date: 2016-10-09 19:34:38
Merged.

My favorite one so far has got to be Wishiwashi. Or Mudsdale. I'm glad you can ride around on Mudsdale - definitely will be my preferred method of transportation.

Date: 2016-10-10 02:45:47
I also like the idea of dying chlotes. You can have a entirely black outfit, or a entirely red one. But what colors you will be able to get without dying?

EDIT:As my brother already claims Moon, I will be getting Sun then.
And if that gorilla is Sun exlusive, please name it Harambe. THE MEME AIN'T DEAD YET!