Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion - Page 10

Re: Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-12-03 17:31:11

At least those ones are owned by Trainers and programmed as such. Shiny Milotic can be found in the Battle Pike in Emerald Version and cannot be caught.

Shiny everything can be found in the Battle Frontier in general. I once rented a Shiny Magmar from the Battle Factory in one of my runthroughs of Emerald.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-12-07 15:29:37
Well, got 100% on the MelemeleDex yesterday, got 100% on the PoniDex today. I surely am quick.

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/user/Z-290-3359-Z/gts - my GTS history since registering to the Global Link. (You need to be logged in as the PGL doesn't see that the privacy setting is on Everyone)

EDIT:I DID IT!!!!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yAMF0F4l.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mwGbNRIl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MHKO9x6l.jpg[/img]
Still shaking.

EDIT:Yokai Medals confirmed compatible with Sun and Moon.

EDIT 2:I scanned a QR code from a advertisement, got a Beautifly.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-12-19 14:39:30
I think the funniest thing about the QR scanner is that any QR codes are compatible with Sun and Moon. Yesterday I scanned a bottle of ketchup into my game and got a Swellow.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-12-19 16:41:01

I think the funniest thing about the QR scanner is that any QR codes are compatible with Sun and Moon. Yesterday I scanned a bottle of ketchup into my game and got a Swellow.

I scanned one from a book store receipt (yes I know how to read bet you guys didn't see that coming) and got an Empoleon.

Date: 2016-12-19 16:50:48
I scanned a QR code (don't remember what code it was, probably a JBL QR from a computer magazine), Beautifly.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-12-19 17:25:35
I feel like generating a QR that leads to Rick Astley's NGGYU video, and scanning it.
Then the same with Baby (OMG JUSTIN BIEBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR). I expect a Muk for this one.

Sadly I haven't the games, so I'll leave guessing which Pokémon will come out as an exercise to the reader.

Date: 2016-12-20 11:30:42
Generate the codes, I will scan them and tell you what I got.

Date: 2016-12-20 14:33:06
Here goes.

Maybe we should also try with the youtu.be links.
Too lazy right now.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-12-20 16:12:54
rick_astley_QR.jpg gave me a Kakuna.

OMG_JUSTIN_BIEBER.jpg gave me a Yanma.

Neat.

[size=2pt]Now take your shit memes back to Reddit.[/size]

Date: 2016-12-21 00:26:03
Now use the youtu.be links.
Anyway, I got the same stuff.

Date: 2016-12-21 05:23:01
Here ya go.

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2016-12-21 05:55:56
It seems that there is an exploit in Sun and Moon that involves using a Ditto and gathering a lot of eggs in advance (preferably Magikarp) and then hatching them. If one of them is Shiny, you can reset the game and swap out the Magikarp for another Pokemon and the same egg will result in a Shiny of the new species you put in the daycare. Due to this, it's advised saving every 10 hatched eggs or so, so when you reset you aren't set back super far.

Apparently, the stats of eggs are determined so far in advance that they're practically no longer random anymore.

Date: 2016-12-21 08:47:25
Well,
Ricky = Spewpa
Justin = Combee (Male)
DaSM64G0D = Chimecho
Great… MAKE MOREEEEE
"Analyzed QR Code patterns:  85"

Date: 2016-12-21 10:36:14