Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion - Page 8

Re: Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-11-22 10:29:11
If the opponent Pokémon can call for help, I'm actually glad I don't have a 3DS or 2DS. Wait… Never mind. I will never be glad I don't have a 3DS. The 2DS can go f*** itself with a rusty knife, however.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-11-22 16:58:14

And now it's time for HOW TO MAKE YOUR BATTLES AS INSUFFERABLE AS POSSIBLE WITH UNCLE GAMEFREAK:
>(The Pokémon you're trying to catch) called for help!
>Kill the ally
>Kill the ally
>Kill the ally
>Kill the ally
>Throw a fucking ball finally
>"Aw, it appeared to be caught!"

It took me half a fucking hour to catch a goddamn Oranguru because the stupid b*****d kept doing this. That it takes forever to do anything during a battle due to the framerate plummeting from an already dodgy 5fps to 2.5fps when there're more than 2 Pokémon on the screen just made it worse.

Do you have a 3DS or New 3DS? @ framerate

3DS.

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2016-11-22 17:42:51

If the opponent Pokémon can call for help, I'm actually glad I don't have a 3DS or 2DS. Wait… Never mind. I will never be glad I don't have a 3DS. The 2DS can go f*** itself with a rusty knife, however.

Heh, the first thing that came to mind after reading that was Keitai Denjuu Telefang.

As to the 2DS, I don't think it's that bad. You just have to protect it while not in use to avoid damaging the screen.

Do Pokémon Sun and Moon rely on 3D more than X and Y or Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I'm out of the loop when it comes to the new games.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-23 04:09:25

Do Pokémon Sun and Moon rely on 3D more than X and Y or Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I'm out of the loop when it comes to the new games.

No, I haven't seen any signs of 3D when I played thru Sun. They took it out entirely.
Also, I need to use data transfer now because my home Wi-Fi is dead.

Date: 2016-11-23 05:18:34

No, I haven't seen any signs of 3D when I played thru Sun. They took it out entirely.
Also, I need to use data transfer now because my home Wi-Fi is dead.

In that case, I might just get a 2DS to play since I won't be missing the 3D  :P

Date: 2016-11-23 05:43:47
Yeah, no 3D even in battle, so R.I.P.
Also, I got a Shiny Umbreon bred on Lurantis Sun/Moon from the GTS, hehehe.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-11-23 05:56:00

Yeah, no 3D even in battle, so R.I.P.

That sucks ! Seriously !! C'mon guys, that's called 3DS !

Bah, I guess they decided that having glitches [size=2pt]and lag[/size] was too bad so they removed features :D

Date: 2016-11-23 06:03:46
Don't worry, there's still lag, lots of lots of lag.

Date: 2016-11-23 06:22:13

Don't worry, there's still lag, lots of lots of lag.

Well, Hearthome City in Platinum or Goldenrod City and Vermilion City in HeartGold and SoulSilver also lag on the DS so Game Freak has been sloppy for a good while now.

Date: 2016-11-23 08:06:45
Also, I found the "Ultimate" video, sadly I don't have the link, but you can fill your dex in a matter of a few weeks.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2016-11-23 14:37:39
Truth be told I don't think I've really encountered any lag issues yet. Maybe it does utilise the New 3DS's extra processing power after all?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-11-23 16:47:36
>It's a "Bert wants to use Milotic but Feebas only evolves through trade and he has nobody to trade with and he has no wifi" episode

I wasn't tearing my fucking hair out trying to catch one, so I should've known it wouldn't just evolve through leveling up while holding the Prism Scale because that would be convenient and GameFreak certainly can't have that.

Date: 2016-11-23 17:58:01

Well, Hearthome City in Platinum or Goldenrod City and Vermilion City in HeartGold and SoulSilver also lag on the DS so Game Freak has been sloppy for a good while now.

Game Freak was sloppy with Pokemon games since day one. How do you think ACE came around?

Date: 2016-11-24 18:23:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awbC9AN5vEY
Everyone who has S/M needs to see this.
Go. Watch it.

Date: 2016-11-25 03:53:21
Well, #1 will come in useful, because the game was such a jerk to not allow me to save before the Tapu Koko battle. My Dedicueye killed it.