Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion - Page 9

Re: Pokémon Moon and Sun Discussion

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-11-26 21:14:44
Tapu Koko respawns after you beat the Elite 4 and defend your title a second time. So you're fine even if you kill it.
I just beat the game today and have to do all the postgame stuff now.

Can I just say that Kukui was ridiculously hard? I mean, it didn't help my team was 11 levels underleveled, but I had the hardest time getting past his Magnezone and Snorlax.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-11-27 03:46:00
Hala was kinda easy if you are prepeared. I taught Solgaleo Psychic. Everything died.

Posted by: Crystalame
Date: 2016-11-28 03:04:50
I didn't have too much trouble with Kukui, but a few of the totem battles actually proved to be pretty tough. I found them harder than most gym leaders in the previous games.

I think this game had a really good difficulty level. It didn't feel too easy, and it also didn't feel like it was hard in the cheap or artificial way (as in, tons of hax). The totem battles being generally 2 against 1 helps add a little more challenge, even if the helper Pokemon usually aren't super strong.

Wishiwashi was the hardest one for me. Bastard called up a Alomomola with Heal Pulse. Ugh.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2016-11-28 03:31:31

I didn't have too much trouble with Kukui, but a few of the totem battles actually proved to be pretty tough. I found them harder than most gym leaders in the previous games.

I think this game had a really good difficulty level. It didn't feel too easy, and it also didn't feel like it was hard in the cheap or artificial way (as in, tons of hax). The totem battles being generally 2 against 1 helps add a little more challenge, even if the helper Pokemon usually aren't super strong.

Wishiwashi was the hardest one for me. Bastard called up a Alomomola with Heal Pulse. Ugh.

I just got done with that trial and Yes that Alomomola was
pretty annoying. So far I'm really enjoying this game, I'm really
feeling a sense of adventure compared to previous games and I think
that has something to do with there being no gyms and having stuff
like pokeride along with Pokémon refresh.

Date: 2016-11-28 07:08:34

Wishiwashi was the hardest one for me. b*****d called up a Alomomola with Heal Pulse. Ugh.

I was forced to beat it with my Torracat and a disobient Greninja. Ugh.

Date: 2016-11-29 16:30:00

Wishiwashi was the hardest one for me. b*****d called up a Alomomola with Heal Pulse. Ugh.

Yeah, the Wishiwashi one was by far the hardest one for me. Not only were its helper Pokemon annoying, but the base stats of Wishiwashi are insane, making for a tough fight. Especially considering my strongest Pokemon at the time was a Torracat. Lurantis was probably the second hardest trial for me.

Oddly enough, the final totem Kommo-o wasn't very challenging for me at all. In fact, it was probably the easiest out of all the totems.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-11-29 16:53:13
So it looks like my team is going to be:
1. Decidueye
2. Oranguru
3. Crabominable (still a Crabrawler)
4. Drampa
5. Bastiodon
6. Milotic (I'm at Vast Poni Canyon and don't want to proceed until I do the trade*)

Neat.jpg

[size=3pt]I kind of want to try and catch a shiny Feebas but the only person I trust enough to trade it back is the Pope.[/size]

Date: 2016-11-30 14:58:18

6. Milotic (I'm at Vast Poni Canyon and don't want to proceed until I do the trade*)

You need someone to complete that trade with?

Date: 2016-11-30 16:25:33
Yes, but I don't have wifi.

Also, we all agree that the surfing music is the best song in the game, right? I thought so.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2016-12-01 05:17:15

I am in possession of many Chikoritas, if I bred a shiny one using the Masuda Method, would you finally get wifi so we can trade? (I already bred a Shiny Totodile)

Edit: Are you using a laptop or a desktop that has a built in wifi card?  You can use that as a makeshift router as well with a few configuration steps.

Date: 2016-12-01 16:39:22

I am in possession of many Chikoritas, if I bred a shiny one using the Masuda Method, would you finally get wifi so we can trade? (I already bred a Shiny Totodile)

Edit: Are you using a laptop or a desktop that has a built in wifi card?  You can use that as a makeshift router as well with a few configuration steps.

Mayhaps.

My laptop does have a built in wifi card, actually, but the networks it's detected around here are password protected so I can't go online. Not sure if that's relevant or not.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2016-12-01 18:23:47

Mayhaps.

My laptop does have a built in wifi card, actually, but the networks it's detected around here are password protected so I can't go online. Not sure if that's relevant or not.

Nope, your laptop would act as the wifi hotspot needed to connect your 3DS to wifi as long as your dial-up connection is hooked into it somehow.  This can be done with an Ethernet cable attaching from the computer connected to dial up to the laptop, a built in modem, etc.  As long as your laptop has internet connection you can do it.

Date: 2016-12-03 10:44:00
Well, trainers can have shinies now…
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gqj6AjHl.jpg[/img]
R.I.P
My soul
wheneveriwasborn-2016

PS:He's at the Seafolk Village's Pokémon Center.
Salt overload!
I think that Gold Bottle Cap from Treasure Hunt * * * * makes up for it I guess…

Date: 2016-12-03 16:16:43
Trainers have had shiny Pokémon since like Emerald Version. Trainer Tower or whatever it was called had some guy in it who had a shiny Espeon.

At least those ones are owned by Trainers and programmed as such. Shiny Milotic can be found in the Battle Pike in Emerald Version and cannot be caught.

Date: 2016-12-03 16:21:12
Well, I was talkinh:
Well, trainers (in the main story) can have shinies now…