Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

You're Banned! - Page 361

Re: You're Banned!

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-05-23 18:11:04
Banned because

Recently, there have been some users with excessively large sigs around GCL, so I have decided to create official signature restrictions for the forum. Below are the restrictions:

GCL Forums Signature Rules:

[li]Individual images may be no taller than 500 pixels.[/li]
    [li]The combined file size of images (not counting linked images) in your sig may be no larger than 700KB to avoid long download times for users with slow Internet connections.[/li]
    [li]There can only be 45 lines of text with enter or less in your signature, unless you hide them with spoiler3.[/li]
    [li]The same rules that apply to the forums in general apply to your sig–no vulgar or "adult" conent, no bypassing the censors, no flaming other users, and no linking to sites that contain material that wouldn't be allowed here.[/li]

These rules won't necessarily be enforced by the exact numbers–if your sig image happens to be 701KB in size instead of 700 or less, we probably won't notice it or punish you for it. However, keep in mind that the staff does have the right to enforce these rules even on sigs that are over the limit by a single pixel or kilobyte, so you're better off staying well within the limit.

If your sig violates these restrictions, it will be removed and replaced with a link to this thread and a description of what rule you violated. Your Warn-O-Meter will also be increased by 10 to 30, depending on how excessively the rules were violated.

About users that had sigs violating the size limits before these rules were posted: You will have three days to change your sig to comply with these rules, and if you do not change it within three days, you will have your sig deleted and your Warn-O-Meter increased as described above.

Edit by Abwayax: Previous rules were too restrictive. Feel free to bicker about it.
Edit by Kyoukipichi: The rules may not be very restrictive since I edited them, but the pages aren't formatted in PDF.
Edit by Kyoukipichi: Even less restrictive. You can have words and images as long as you wish.

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2010-05-24 09:00:31
Banned cause umm dunno really this time

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-05-24 19:15:21
Banned as my sig doesn't quite reach the limit yet.
I should make it to where it doesn't, though.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-05-24 20:00:31
Banned because you can display sprites people have given you in the About Me or My Media sections of your profile.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2010-05-24 20:10:30
Banned because I know the truth.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-05-24 22:13:54
Banned because I'm upgrading Ubuntu while having applications open just to be rebellious.

Date: 2010-05-24 22:40:23
Banned for being online while I was getting dinner.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2010-05-24 23:04:16
Banned for not being online when he was online, thus making you miss him while you were getting dinner.

Date: 2010-05-24 23:44:13
Banned as I could also put them in spoilers in my sig.
Which I will do soon. Just not now…

Date: 2010-05-24 23:57:54
Banned because spoilers don't work anymore.

Date: 2010-05-25 00:10:25
Banned because that sucks Super Monkey Balls.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2010-05-25 00:35:57
Banned for tearing out your brainstem, carrying it to the middle of the nearest 4-way intersection, and skipping rope with it.

Date: 2010-05-25 01:34:09
Banned because you forgot your mayonaise.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-05-25 02:18:09
Banned because I am chuckling at your signature.

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2010-05-25 07:42:55
Banned cause I'm chatting with someone on IRC