Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 2

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-05-30 22:15:43
Oi, that's some cheeky stuff mate.

Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-05-31 03:42:47
where are the forum like buttons? XD LMAO.

oh…uh…I dreamt that the forum had like buttons. (totally legit)

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-06-03 10:32:59
While I barely remember my dream I know it involved seeing an old friend of mine (one I still have a crush on but had a bigger crush on back in the day…) and my gf got pretty jealous. At one point in the dream, my friend was wearing a blue Mario shirt and a blue Mario hat. xD I think my subconscious wants me to talk to her on skype or something, seeing how it's been forever ago since i've done so.

Date: 2013-06-03 15:59:08
So I'mma tell you guys about a dream I had several months ago since I can't see to remember any of the ones I've had recently.

I was in the Windy Valley Zone from Sanic Adventure, and there was a hydra locked in a cage. The hydra was the same one from Disney's Hercules, but it was much smaller. I free the hydra from its cage and we run into the tornado. After reaching the third part of the stage, we run around and find Evil Emperor Zurg (yes, that Zurg) on a floating island. I battled Zurg and eventually kicked his ass.

It was awesome.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-10 12:37:29
I don't usually remember my dreams (even right after waking up from them), but I'm padding this sentence so it doesn't sound like that forced meme with the guy saying "I don't usually X but when I do I Y" stuff. Anyway, I do have a few notes from various occasions in which I managed to remember them.

They go something like this:

Start point: Pokemon, in cloud level; Elite 4 (haven't started battling any yet, but one dude who had just Regice and Registeel was there who may have been from villainous team)
Porky Minch's family from Earthbound were also there
Needed to get key card and then to McDonalds to progress
Fell down or something to some ground-level town (hazy memory)
With sister as well as female companion (named Rebecca), sister was down there before us, Rebecca was travelling with me
Tell Rebecca/sister to go on without me if I miss the next ferry up to the E4 place (reasoing being that as I don't have my Pokemon/some weapon with me, if the villainous team attacked me I wouldn't be able to defend her)
They catch one, I stay around due to (hazy) slowness or wanting to get something while down there
Make my way to ferry station (with a McDonalds)
Go to check when next ferry is (can't remember name of destination)
Begin slipping on ground, effectively can't walk forward
Dream end

11 May 2013
Various small dreams at first
- Water cooling some routers (on the kitchen table) with a device that looks like a rice cooker (on top of the dishwasher), needed to put the Ethernet cables in for the cooling to work

Sitting at home
Have this giant vending machine thing
- About 1.5 * the width of a couch (sort of shaped like one of those bread storage things where you flip the side up and down)
- Automatically serves huge variety of foods
- Seems to have something to do with a video game, waffles are DLC which costs $2.95
- Operated by remote (very large and very similar in appearance to a Logitech K800) or by panel on front
Rigel comes along and inquires about its functionality, then takes some food from it Editor's note: Rigel is one of my friends in real life who isn't the type to come to my house and rob my vending machines)
I realise that might mess up the thing that keeps track of stock levels
Dream end

Waking music: Miku Hatsune - PoPiPo (Vegetable Juice Dance), Ian Pooley - Chord Memory (Daft Punk remix)

—-
18 May 2013

- Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (or something very similar to it)
- Game now takes place in complete 3D
- Set up game between 4 CPUs set to maximum difficulty
- Human player still gets to fly around as a spaceship (I hover around the very top of the map)
- Yoshi is there (not interacting with the game going on, but you can replace your ship with him)
Dream ends at some point

Waking music: THE IDOLM@STER - Go MY Way, Atlantic Wave - Reforced (Giada remix)

So these vary in detail depending on how sparse my memory is of the dream. Most dreams follow the pattern of me playing some video game which becomes the dream's reality, or me in some bizarrechitecture building where there are walkways on very high floors with no handrails (this is often at a very corrupted version of the schools I attended back in the days). Often these involve some person I know quite well in real life, I recognize their face as being that person, but when I wake up I realise the face I saw in the dream wasn't anything close to that person. And I seem to always get vivid music in my head just after waking up (especially if the dream ended with a song playing), occasionally it is an original composition but I never remember those of course.

Other than that, the more interesting "dreams" I have (and the ones I do remember quite well) are the daydreams (read: invasive thoughts when I'm performing some non-relaxing or sleep activity) I have quite regularly (say, every couple of hours) which I won't go into detail of to protect the innocence and reputation of the people within, including myself. I sure hope those aren't some sort of prophecy of what actually happens in those ones, because… dayumn.

Date: 2013-11-14 17:19:43
Man, I've had a bunch of weird ones lately, but the weirdest had to be a recent one.

For some reason, I was fighting Bane from the Batman series. Not the cool wrestler Bane, but the stupid asthmatic retarded Sean Connery Bane…for you. For whatever reason, he was at my house. And yes, he did the backbreaking thing.

Later in the dream, Herman Li from DragonFarce was at my house and we fought as well. And by fight, I mean he swung my tire swing at me, and I had to dodge it.

Date: 2014-02-01 14:58:47
Ruh roh, double post.

A couple nights ago, I dreamt I was at my elementary school and there were cobras everywhere. They were jumping (not slithering, jumping) and attacking everybody and everything in sight. For some reason, they were weakened in the shade, so we all hid in it. The cobras just sat there and waited for us to come back out.

Compared to some of the other dreams I've had, this one was pretty straightforward.

Date: 2014-02-16 04:31:08
So for some reason I have gained the uncanny ability to actually remember some of my dreams without even writing them. Two of them, in fact, which is a very large number as we all know. And I don't actually remember them completely so it doesn't really count. Anyways:

- I was watching MLP (IRL I don't bother watching it anymore because the writing has gone to shit IMO, but that's another story) and it went all grimdark. I didn't quite catch what was going on nor do I remember, but Applejack had been killed off and Rainbow Dash was talking about some sort of war going on. If I recall it was some sort of dystopian shit. Anyway, it was pretty cool in the dream at least, and my family gathered round to watch it as well (yeah nah that doesn't happen and even if it did I would still feel weird).

- I was either on a tour of Microsoft's headquarters or at some booth at an expo, and some marketing type woman was giving me and a group of other people a demonstration of some game-type thing. She was explaining something among the lines of "We have assigned our most talented developers to this new project!" and I retorted with something like "Well I guess you have lots of spare talent lying around, since you didn't use any when you made Windows Vista". Everyone in the room instantly gained a jaw-dropped facial expression that read as 'Dude why the shit would you just say that'. So even my subconscious thinks I'm an insensitive jerk.

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2014-04-17 20:16:44
My subconcious is a place you guys don't wanna be. I had a dream a long time ago, that Sonic 3D Blast was on a Jungle Gym setting. Also had a dream with a Genie Oyster that had a Monsters, Inc. button that glowed when you asked for a wish. I asked for a big house (I was eight), and the house was on the middle of a busy street. I asked the genie to move it, and it exploded right there. And one time I had a dream that I went to heaven. Just…because I felt like it. I could name gazillion more, but than this would be too long.

To my head: sort your s**t out.

Date: 2014-04-18 20:05:37
My subconscious can range from kickass:
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I had a pet King Ghidorah. He was nowhere near as big as he usually is; probably around 4 feet tall instead. We were playing fetch in my backyard and at one point, he licked my face.

To monstrous:
[size=1pt]I had a dream over the summer where a doctor told me I had AIDS. Yeah. Imagine how fucking happy I was when I woke up.[/size]

Even worse, it had a sequel (two days ago).

[size=1pt]In this dream, I was actually living with the disease. I don't remember much about the dream but the mood was really somber and I wasn't in good shape or health.[/size]

Of all the fucking dreams to have sequels to, it had to be that one. Why not the King Ghidorah dream? Why not the dream where I rode down a waterfall and flew into space? Noooo, my subconscious would rather make me dream about having an incurable disease instead.

Needless to say, I am doing my damn hardest to make sure I forget about those horrifying dreams.

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2014-04-18 23:49:53
I took a nap this afternoon, and had the most out of context, bizarre dream ever. Basically everything was anti-Semitic (I'm dead ass serious), but in a less 1940's way. If you were caught Jewish, everybody would be laughing. People started calling me a Jew, and I claimed I wasn't. They eventually believed us, so we left…walking down a highway. Some kids were playing baseball (one of which I know from school) and they started pitching me balls to catch. I didn't catch ANY of them. So eventually, an unknown split between this anti semitic reality and video games commences (meaning the setting changes), because eventually all of this is taking place in a…DS? I mean, everything was still as was, but I was playing it. But all conversations from that world were still intact. ANYWAYS, my mom says she's gonna get me off the highway to safety. And from there, the part she was picking me up was a Mario Kart…Super circuit…race with…Wi-Fi?

Hopefully tonight, I can rest without some wacky s**t happening in my head.

Date: 2014-04-30 08:45:30
So the other night, I couldn't get to sleep until about 2am (judging by me checking the clock repeatedly, which I probably shouldn't do) and I didn't think I would ever get to sleep that night. So after a while, I found myself on my laptop in my room even though I don't do that, then went back into the bed. After a while some radio went off which would have been my alarm, and then I checked my alarm clock and the LED display was all fuzzy and unreadable, plus displaying things that would be physically impossible.

And then I woke up. Everything after the checked the clock and it was 2am part was all just a dream. What the hell, subconscious?
Worst part is that when I woke up for reals the clock said 2:20am, and then I for reals didn't sleep the whole night. Felt just as horrible the next day as if I didn't get any sleep at all.

And then the night after that my subconscious tries the same shit again, only this time the clock display gets taken to the extreme. Lots of mathematical equations were flying around everywhere and out of the screen, it was kind of like that one anime I'm thinking of but can't think of where the background is all messed up (because someone divided by zero or discovered the inner workings of the universe) and I can't tell what was going on but it wasn't Evangelion and it was just happening in/around the clock's screen. But this time I was just all like "Yeah fuck you subconscious I'm not falling for your bullshit the second time round", and then tried to leave the dream and wake up but for some reason I couldn't and I started shaking raipdly and was arbitrary scared, it was a bit like what I've read about a panic attack being like but more physically violent. Maybe it was a panic attack combined with a seizure. Luckily, that was later in the night a few minutes before I was going to wake up anyway, and I had actually already slept some sleep beforehand.

Also, while I'm at it: That feel when your dream involves being in your old bed from your old home which was against the wall, and then you wake up and realise your current real bed isn't against the wall, so you try to pull it and the wall together but the wall isn't there because your bed's actually in the centre of the room so you just end up almost falling off the bed. Well, that only happened once.

One more from last night edit: I dreamt that I had a cat and I was lying on the floor for whatever reason and it came up and hugged me. It was the cutest thing I've ever woken up from. Though I wouldn't have one in real life due to the responsibility, fur getting everywhere, not being able to leave food lying there without worrying about said cat trying to eat it, etc.

Date: 2014-07-22 15:12:37
Had a dream the other night I was hopping from cloud to cloud high above an ocean collecting red coins.

That adrenaline, man. That was something else.

Date: 2014-07-23 08:33:18
I can't remember when I had this dream, but there was one where I got stuck in the middle of somewhere in Canberra in the middle of the night. So I had to catch a bus (implying outside of the dream universe there are buses in Canberra in the middle of the night). I saw the bus coming around the corner, but it went past the bus stop before I could get to it. So I ran up to the bus as fast as possible, and somehow caught up to it. For some reason the doors were open (or I just opened them myself, can't remember) so I jumped right in the still moving bus LIKE A FUCKING BAWSE and got a ticket.

The bus driver's face during the whole transaction was one of the best faces I had ever seen, both dream and real life.

Date: 2014-07-25 15:23:49
Last night I was doing some ghost hunting with the dudes from Ghost Adventures (or maybe just with Aaron) at my house. It was the dead of night and we didn't get anything interesting inside my house, so we walked around outside for some reason.

I walk around a corner to the front door and there's this little girl standing there. I go up to her and ask what she'd doing at my house, if she's lost, if she's okay, yadda yadda.

Suddenly her eyes light up to this bright, lava-like orange and her head jolts up to look at me, totally catching me off guard. I figured they were lenses or something and I had fallen victim to a clever ruse, but then she smiled, and her mouth was also lava orange. No teeth. I still had no idea what this was supposed to mean, but then she talked. Apparently, Satan likes to take the form of little girls for some reason.

Satan said things that no human, no matter how intelligent or articulate, could ever know. I'm screaming at this point and backing away, but trip and fall onto my back. As I keep crawling away, Aaron returns from wherever he went to and gasps. Then the dream ended.