Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 8

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2018-07-14 18:47:40
i had a dream that i was in a fancy hotel (i was in apartment 142) and then issotm was like 'yo want to play some retro games' and then i went into his room and started playing some n64 game i can't remember

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-15 08:12:32
I have… SM64, MK64, Rayman 2, V-Rally 99, Mission Impossible, Perfect Dark, DK64, OoT. Take your pick :D

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2018-07-18 21:46:47
Had some dream that I was on a quest for fish and chips. Woke up before I got to eat any.

Still wanted fish and chips while awake…. however, I don't live in the suburbs, so there's no _real_ fish and chip shops available nearby.

I hate living in the city. This was a mistake on several levels.

Oh also speaking of mistakes, sometimes I get actual nightmares about my ex-job and I wake up in a panic. Yay! Those are fun.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2018-10-12 21:16:53
I had the most vivid dream I've had in years today, and I remember a few parts in huge detail:

1. The ending fight against Sephiroth in FF7… except with Nerf guns instead of weapons. This included summons. (Knights of the Round was interesting. They used giant Nerf bullets to stab with.)

2. Metroid Prime-style boss battle, late-game but not final boss:
A giant chasm opens in the floor right after you get the Sonic Missiles (for those of you who've played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, it's like the Annihilator's Super Missile combo, mixed with a Seeker Missile and standard Super Missile and even faster, and it replaced the normal Missiles) and a GIANT BORGIFIED BRONCHYOSAURUS (the one with the long neck) shows up, it's like 500 feet tall and below the ice. Every so often, it'll knock some ice up from underneath and make ice mountain things, which come in handy here. Every so <longer period>, it'll throw up an orb that expands to be a hollow circular disc with partial rings spinning inside. This fired a beam that would kill you instantly unless you were behind an ice mountain (the mountains were huge and it took 30 seconds to charge, it's more fair than it sounds). After it fires, you can damage it. If you deal enough, when it falls down and the cyberdino picks it back up (to reset it) it explodes, dealing damage. Repeat 5 more times, win.

3. Metroid Prime-style boss, final boss:
You have to go back to the beginning of the game (kinda like MP1 but it's a few rooms ahead of your ship on the standard path instead of its own area). The entire game, there's been an important upgrade required to finish locked up in a room off another room with a very large, ornate squirrel statue made of luminescent (read: the only light in the room) fiery red/orange crystal. After returning from getting said upgrade (the Teleportation Beam, a Grapple Beam upgrade required for some parts where you could grapple through a small eye-level hole in the wall) the squirrel begins to articulate and blocks off the large passage in the back with its body and knocks rocks in front of the opposite door. It turns out, the glow inside is the creature, not the crystal, and it separates and you fight an energy squirrel. It plays a lot like MP1's final boss, actually.

God, I wish I could art. Some of these would be awesome as mods if I could do 3D modeling and modding.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-10-12 22:57:54

I had the most vivid dream I've had in years today, and I remember a few parts in huge detail:

1. The ending fight against Sephiroth in FF7… except with Nerf guns instead of weapons. This included summons. (Knights of the Round was interesting. They used giant Nerf bullets to stab with.)

This sounds super fucking rad.

2. Metroid Prime-style boss battle, late-game but not final boss:
A giant chasm opens in the floor right after you get the Sonic Missiles (for those of you who've played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, it's like the Annihilator's Super Missile combo, mixed with a Seeker Missile and standard Super Missile and even faster, and it replaced the normal Missiles) and a GIANT BORGIFIED BRONCHYOSAURUS (the one with the long neck) shows up, it's like 500 feet tall and below the ice. Every so often, it'll knock some ice up from underneath and make ice mountain things, which come in handy here. Every so <longer period>, it'll throw up an orb that expands to be a hollow circular disc with partial rings spinning inside. This fired a beam that would kill you instantly unless you were behind an ice mountain (the mountains were huge and it took 30 seconds to charge, it's more fair than it sounds). After it fires, you can damage it. If you deal enough, when it falls down and the cyberdino picks it back up (to reset it) it explodes, dealing damage. Repeat 5 more times, win.

<dinosaur_sperging_mode=ON>

Did you mean brachiosaurus? There's an entire clade of dinosaurs with long necks, known as sauropoda. They're my favorite kinds of dinosaurs, but I particularly like the europasaurus.

<dinosaur_sperging_mode=OFF>

Dinosaur dreams in general are pretty fucking rad by default.

I wish I had some cool dreams to describe. My subconscious has been really boring lately though.

Date: 2018-10-13 09:47:08
Can confirm, that's what I meant. Thank you.

Date: 2018-11-17 16:57:08

>It's a "Bert dreams he's not a complete loser and has a girlfriend who loves him" dream

It happened again.

Gettin' real tired of your shit, subconscious.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-18 08:11:45
I had a few dreams way back where I had a girlfriend and was doing everything possible to hide from her. In a more recent one, I was living with my parents and had to leave the house for a few days for some reason, so I went to ask someone who was my only friend (exclusive to the dream) if I could stay there. She agreed but then started doing stuff, and I knew I'd have nowhere to go if I pushed back, but then her brother came in and started yelling at her and she turned into an Arabic boy who was around 12.

Date: 2018-11-18 09:11:11
I had a dream last week where I saw Wack0 online on Discord.
Miss him.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-11-18 09:30:58

I had a dream last week where I saw Wack0 online on Discord.
Miss him.
It seems like he was online on BetaArchive just a couple of days ago, if I'm correct in assuming Battler is him. (signed up on there just to check)

Posted by: Yenatech
Date: 2018-12-03 01:49:24
I do recall fragments of a dream from a while back.

Frieza, the big bad of one of the chapters of Dragon Ball Z, was causing problems. I flew right up to him in true DBZ style and engaged in an incredible battle, but he seemed to have the upper hand and I was literally kicked out of the dream.

Returned the next night and claimed my victory in a second fight with more energy blasts.

Can't recall last night's dream, however.

Date: 2019-01-04 18:32:12
This morning I dreamed I was fighting a dilophosaurus in someone's house. I had an M-16 rifle with a M203 40mm grenade launcher attached, and I wasted two magazines trying to kill it, without success. I enter the kitchen, go around a corner into the living room, and come face to face with the dinosaur which promptly tries to knock the gun out of my hand. I triggered the grenade launcher point-blank and blew it to smithereens, and the concussion threw me out a window, into the yard.

Shit was awesome.

Date: 2019-01-06 18:39:29
I was posessed by some entity, and it forced me to try and blow my brains out. Went through, but didn't kill me. Approx. 6 more attempts were forced out of me before I woke up, using various methods.

I'm freaked out and not okay.

Date: 2019-01-27 02:18:30
Basically, the (French) president was a huge criminal, and my family and I were super-heroes (no super-powers, though).

We had just annihilated one of his biggest operations: a large-scale drug traffic (somehow involving packs of cookies?), and I guess that must have pissed him off, because a few hours later, news was that he had emptied some kind of reserve tank and that was causing a tsunami to ravage half of France (think as in the movie 2012), and the tsunami was coming at our house shortly. Luckily he also made a mistake and released some goods for us (such as an aircraft) just before.
We were all rushing to grab our most precious stuff, and at some point I looked outside because people were fleeing, and I saw the giant waves crashing over things in the distance, and I got so scared that I just woke up.
Also, I think the next thing we were going to do was hop aboard the aircraft, because we had no hopes of getting away by car due to the traffic.

Date: 2019-01-27 10:13:51
My dreams are too frequently psychotic to chronicle here anymore.

I dunno why they are… it scares me.