Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 5

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2015-07-02 06:15:36
I had a dream where I went to purgatory, which was an office building where they determined whether you go to heaven or hell. I make it to heaven, and I have the ability to fly low, but really quickly like a character in DBZ or something. I also had a dream where I went super saiyan.

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2015-07-02 17:48:46
I had a lucid dream yesterday, I must say; the feeling of flight is extremely pleasant.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2015-07-04 14:35:57
I don't usually post here, but I don't usually dream about Pokémon.

It was weird. I was in Hoenn, and it started coming out of a cave and then onwards to a town, (for some reason it was supposedly Lilycove City despite Lilycove City being nowhere near a cave, unless you count that place you catch one of the Regis, forget which one. Or Mt. Pyre, and I sure didn't cross water) and into a building, where there ended up being a triple battle between myself, May(?) and an NPC, and Archie, Maxie and an NPC (why would Archie and Maxie be on the same side??). I was late getting into the battle, because I couldn't find my Poké Balls for some reason, but as soon as I sent out a Pokémon, the battle was over quickly.

Cut to Wally(?) buying a Rayquaza (lolwut) from someone, then getting into some random car for some reason.

I forget the rest, it didn't last long after that.

Like I said, it was weird.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2015-07-04 19:35:48

Cut to Wally(?) buying a Rayquaza (lolwut) from someone

Going from Magikarp to Rayquaza is quite a sales leap.

Date: 2015-10-21 16:02:46
Well now.

In last night's episode of, No, Seriously, What the Hell is Up with My Subconscious?, in what was possibly a sequel to that detective dream I had, I was tasked with protecting the one and only Christian Weston Chandler.

Two A-Logging dipshits decided to take their "Chris should die" mindset a bit too far and set themselves to killing him, and I had to hurry to… the street my grandfather lives on, apparently. I don't know. Chris was living on that street for some reason.

Anyway. I beat them to Chris' house and get the jump on his would-be killers, engaging them in a two-against-one fistfight. The police arrested them 'cause, y'know, murder is illegal and shit. As thanks for saving his life, the Great Director Chandler gave me an autographed TRUE and HONEST master copy of Sonichu #0.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-10-22 23:32:33
I had a dream (well no shit, it's this thread) that I was playing a new Pokémon game and they used the word 'retarded', and I was like 'What the hell, man! You can't say retarded in an all ages game. That's like saying nigger or faggot'. Oh well.

Also, my subconscious is apparently really attached to my old retail job. It's been going on for a while now. First I'll be working away doing nothing useful at all (as that job was, just rearranging shelves and bullshit like that), and I'll eventually wake up, and be like "Yo, what the fuck? I don't work there".

So then eventually I caught on. During these dreams, I would actually be there, but halfway through I'll suddenly realise… "Wait a minute. It's 2015. I stopped working here like 4 years ago". And then I proceed to just waltz out of there, sometimes with the realisation that this must be a dream because why else would I even go to that shitty store but I don't manage to do any lucid dreaming shit.

But now it's really trying its hardest to convince me. It actually goes and makes up backstories such as I left my job on such friendly terms that I could just come back at any time I wanted (I mean, I was amicable and all, but I don't even know if they even have people who do what I did anymore because it's so pointless), and that I took a second job back there because I was pissed off about being underpaid in my current job (which I am, but not that desperately), or that when I got this new job, I never got around to quitting my old one, so I just went on working there as well because I would totally have the time to do that when I was studying at the same time.

Yeah, with all my free time I'd totally spend it in a job where I literally wished I was dead every day for something like $15 an hour (I don't fucking know), instead of volunteering to work overtime some more in a role I can almost remotely enjoy, or some shit. Or just continue as I am but play some video games.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2015-11-07 07:09:59
Had some interesting ones last night, let's see if I can remember them:

Was watching K-On! early in the morning and it was for some reason all grimdark, Yui got stabbed in some vital organs and was bleeding massively and Mugi had the lower half of her body cut completely off (and not a clean cut either). They were in hospital talking about how they're going to die very shortly, and I didn't get to see the ending because my neighbour's fucking yappy dog woke me up. I hope that thing gets the lower half of its body cut off and it dies.

Playing some game with some magic and fairies type of setting, it was actually really cool though. It was some ordinary person who got transported to this magical world and either became its god/goddess or just had a lot of superpowers. At one point an NPC was demonstrating to the player how they could use this volume amplification ability, there was a cutscene showing them going "Alright, let's test this out! HELLO EVERYONE" and not realising that you basically can't shout at the top of your lungs completely or literally the entire fairy world could hear it, and I do mean literally as in literally.

Also for some reason you could change your gender and have sex with a horse, I dunno why.

Date: 2016-06-03 15:42:07
The other night, I dreamt we had domesticated robot dinosaurs.

DOMESTICATED.

ROBOT.

DINOSAURS.

DO YOU KNOW HOW AWESOME THAT IS.

YES I THOUGHT SO.

However, they were much smaller, no bigger than an average dog. My family had an orange robo-triceratops, who just downright refused to come in.

I was then woken up by my neighbor screaming he's gonna cut a tree down.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-06-04 08:13:46
Have you ever had a dream where you- you -he and .. .you made - you did - he  you… he did you so much you could do anything?

Seriously, though, I can never remember my dreams.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-06-05 02:05:31
I had a dream that I broke ZeRo's (undisputed best Smash 4 player in the world) shield, then stood up, bowed to the crowd, and spiked him for the set and tournament win. Then I woke up and was sad.

Date: 2016-06-16 15:56:11
Last night I dreamt that a horde of velociraptors were attacking my neighborhood, and a brontosaurus and a tyrannosaurus were trying to fight them off. For some reason, Team One showed up and tried to keep everything under control. By then, the dinosaurs had reached my backyard, which was a lot bigger than it is in reality.

I'm not sure how it happened, but at some point I got an AK-47, mounted the brontosaurus, and massacred a good number of velociraptors, but I was forced to take shelter in my clubhouse. The leader of the raptors was waiting for me there, and we had a fierce struggle for the gun, but I gained the upper hand, harnessed my inner King Kong, and snapped his jaw in half. The raptors were soon slain.

F**k yeah.

Date: 2016-08-18 16:20:15
The velociraptor dream had a sequel.

In the wake of the Raptor Kings death, the surviving velociraptors put a bounty on my head and their new leader, also known as the Raptor King, vowed to make me down himself. I went on the run across Canada to avoid them, being aided by an unidentified secret agent. We wound up in a city which was probably Toronto, but the raptors had beaten us there. During a thrilling chase through some crosswalks (we jaywalked like mofos), the agent was killed and the Mayor put the city on lockdown.

After a brief stay at my cousins house (who doesnt live in Toronto), the Mayor told me he had arranged for my escape and a helicopter would be waiting atop a high rise. As I reach the roof, I discover its a trap: the Mayor and the velociraptors are working together to stop me from escaping. Once I killed the raptors and the Mayor, I brawled the new Raptor King, which caused the helicopter to fall off the roof. I managed to shove the King off as well, and he was shredded by the propeller. f**k yeah.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-08-21 05:53:31
I had a dream that My Melody was a Pokémon. There was a scene showing her in a game like Pokémon X and Y.

I've had a number of dreams all about my favourite game series called The Legendary Starfy. In one of them somebody gave me a Starfy (from The Legendary Starfy) t-shirt. There was another Starfy dream where a Legendary Starfy anime series began and you had to watch it early in the morning. In a third dream there was an evolution glitch where a Pokémon would evolve into the enemy Imadame.

Sometimes the dreams I have are a lot more abstract, including this semi-lucid dream in which I was floating through space and saw some geometric patterns. I've also experienced a couple of false awakenings where I think I wake up but I'm actually still asleep.

Most of the time I forget the details about my dreams (which is normal) but at times I'll have a sudden memory about it.

The earliest dream I remember was really nice and was when I was a young child. Me and a girl named Sally were in this Jurassic Park like setting and we had to escape from a dinosaur that looked like a T-Rex. I think a vending machine may also have been involved. I really loved dinosaurs back then and had a couple of fact-file folders about different dinosaurs.

Date: 2016-08-23 15:59:56

I really loved dinosaurs back then and had a couple of fact-file folders about different dinosaurs.

Noice. What's your favorite dinosaur? Mine's the brachiosaurus.

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-08-23 16:47:41
I only have naughty dreams and/or can't remember my dreams. That is all.