Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 11

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-09-10 17:45:51
Lucid dreaming is rare but has anyone ever had an incarnate dream. I had one once. I was a sheep then a horse (and likely more but I've forgotten most except the horse which was most vivid as I saw from its field of view). It was awesome. I was running. :D

And there was another similar dream I was a cow but not as vivid, but mainly because I have a stupid nonsense joke "I'm a cow and I don't know how" but it felt unsettling in I didn't know how to walk on two legs anymore.

The interesting thing about some dreams is that they feel as real as reality itself. There are theories that suggest consciousness is an apparition of electricity - indeed then perhaps robots dream in some way we can't understand etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_theories_of_consciousness

Posted by: rango
Date: 2019-09-11 14:35:11
For some reason, the only dreams that I even notice are the ones I have right before I wake up.
The only one that I can remember right now was a dream in which I was walking outside my house, but it was a weird type of RPG game that I have never played. And for some reason there were train tracks going around my house.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-09-11 18:37:56
Last night I dreamed that my house had lost power in the middle of the night. I was in my room and grabbed my flashlight, but its battery died and I was left in pitch blackness. I headed downstairs to look out the front door to see if anyone else in the neighborhood had lost power, but I couldn't see much. There was, however, a very large shape in my driveway. I went to turn the flashlight back on but then the dream ended.

Date: 2019-09-11 19:53:56

For some reason, the only dreams that I even notice are the ones I have right before I wake up.
The only one that I can remember right now was a dream in which I was walking outside my house, but it was a weird type of RPG game that I have never played. And for some reason there were train tracks going around my house.

I think this may be common that we tend to remember our dreams just before waking up.
Interesting, did you enjoy it?

Last night I dreamed that my house had lost power in the middle of the night. I was in my room and grabbed my flashlight, but its battery died and I was left in pitch blackness. I headed downstairs to look out the front door to see if anyone else in the neighborhood had lost power, but I couldn't see much. There was, however, a very large shape in my driveway. I went to turn the flashlight back on but then the dream ended.

Ahh.. that sounds like it may have been unsettling, sad or creepy. :( I remember a dream once too, in which I had my haircut but I was blind. It's good though some dreams are happy and pleasant. *thinks if I can remember more*>one of them they were giving free Starfy t-shirts in the street, and I felt aww this is kind thank you.

Date: 2019-09-11 23:21:41

Ahh.. that sounds like it may have been unsettling, sad or creepy.

It was, but I really wanted to see what was in my driveway.

One dream I'm surprised I never mentioned here was one I had a couple years ago. There were three different incarnations of King Ghidorah battling it out near my apartment building. One was the original King Ghidorah, with the hair. I think another was Grand King Ghidorah, which looks pretty much the same but without the hair. The third I'm not totally sure about, but for some reason Death Ghidorah, which is a quadruped cousin of King Ghidorah, keeps coming to mind so I think he was the third.

Date: 2019-09-12 07:42:58
Because I suck at using the quote feature apparently, the answer is not really, it was quite boring.

Date: 2019-09-21 18:28:17
Tachi (yes that one) and I were in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, hiding out in a barn while King Ghidorah went on a rampage. Even though it was a big barn and Ghidorah was bigger, he fit inside just fine because dream logic. Somehow we ended up escaping and luring Godzilla into the barn. The plan was to get him to the second floor for some reason. Naturally, Ghidorah and Godzilla began fighting it out.

Godzilla fucking died.

We escape from the barn again and Ghidorah really goes all out, kicking up tornadoes with gusts from his wings. As we ran down the street we encountered a couple in a truck, who offered us a ride to wherever, then the dream ended.

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-09-28 03:58:03
I don't usually remember my dreams, but I just woke up (at 4:30 in the morning where I'm at) from a dream that was just a still image of a graph paper sketch of the gravitational field of a black hole and the characters "+98", and in the most ominous voice possible I hear "I am the wormhole, the world's greatest worm", and then I woke up. My subconscious is either trying to tell me something incredibly cryptic (presumably having to do with the +98) or just shitposting in dream form, and I don't know which is weirder.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-09-28 15:02:58
I'm gonna vote shitpost.

Incidentally, ASCII 98h is the ~ character.

Date: 2019-10-07 00:30:34
I was taking my cat home from the vet and parked on my apartment's rooftop lot (which it doesn't have in real life). When I got out of the car, I saw King Ghidorah flying overhead, spewing his gravity beams every which way. I grab my cat and rush inside the building to discover it's completely unfurnished, has no elevators, and a basement level. And was apparently the headquarters of a cult that worships the three-headed space dragon.

I don't remember much else. At the end of the dream I got into a fistfight with a cultist, beat them up, then ran into a theater(?), which held a cache of dynamite. I set it off, then I woke up.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-10-07 03:15:56
woke up in a cold sweat and can only remember one phrase

"there's a party in ring -2 and no one's invited"

literally 2 people here will understand this and i know exactly which two

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-10-07 19:43:50
Had a dream today that I was back in middle school, but I wasn't in the middle school that I went to as a child; instead, I was at a middle school about 15 minutes down the road. One of my friend's moms was my math teacher, and the school itself was way nicer overall than the one I actually went to. Sitting next to my former middle/high school crush in the dream was weird, too–even though I kind of hate her guts now, she's still popping up in my dreams. Odd.

Also was on oddly vivid dream. The environment was really well-developed and I remembered and vividly dreamt about people that I hadn't actually seen in years.

Date: 2019-10-16 03:25:09

Had a dream today that I was back in middle school, but I wasn't in the middle school that I went to as a child; instead, I was at a middle school about 15 minutes down the road. One of my friend's moms was my math teacher, and the school itself was way nicer overall than the one I actually went to. Sitting next to my former middle/high school crush in the dream was weird, too–even though I kind of hate her guts now, she's still popping up in my dreams. Odd.

Also was on oddly vivid dream. The environment was really well-developed and I remembered and vividly dreamt about people that I hadn't actually seen in years.

Sounds like an interesting dream! Happy it felt both deep and pleasant for you. :) Yes, love life can be complex.

Date: 2019-10-30 09:06:18
I had a weird dream last night. For some reason, my class was going on a trip to Fiji, and then my mom tried to stop me from going because she found out I had an F in science. Then I started pleading with her, and that was around the time I woke up for the first time that night.

Date: 2019-12-01 23:32:49
Dreamed a couple nights ago that I was running around a nearby church, which was much bigger than it really is and had several new floors, one of which was just a hallway called the Hallway of Life. I was trying to outrun death, who had taken the appearance of a friend of mine and spent most of the dream running around the church. At the end of the dream I ran to the top floor of the bell tower - which was called the Tower of Death - and threw myself over the edge.