Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 6

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-08-23 17:34:48

I only have naughty dreams

( ͡° ͡°)

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-08-25 11:04:42
I used to dream about the future. I'd live through a day or two, wake up, then forget until I'd realize it's coming true in front of my eyes. I seem to have lost these, though, as the last one I had was when I was 8. (It took place 3 weeks ago.)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-08-28 16:15:52
Last night's dream was a Meganium Man! episode.

Someone had stolen a Lugia egg from the Whirl Islands, which went about as well as you'd expect. The adult wyvern went on a rampage throughout Johto looking for it, forcing Meganium Man to try and fight it off while simultaneously looking for the egg in order to calm Lugia down.

I think a Simisage stole it, because Meganium Man had a fight with the monkey and stole the egg from it.

This has potential.

Date: 2016-08-28 20:31:37
This was a few nights ago, so really late, but whatever…

This was your typical zombie-apocallypse dream, y'know, zombie virus spreads, world ends, survivors congregate, zombies turn hyper-intelligent… wait, WHAT?
So all sarcasm aside, it started out as a run-of-the-mill zombies-kill-everyone dream that takes place 50 years in the future, and spiraled out from there. After my group of survivors found an island connected to the mainland only by subway and water, we set up camp there. (This is where the dream STARTS… Seriously.) Anyway, so we get this nice camp up on this island, we find out it was the private island of a trillionaire, complete with separate buildings for a full-size theatre, gym, stacked parking garage building (complete with a car for every space!), 16 generators with fuel for 500+ years, and housing for 500,000. There was even bleeding-edge tech: 1024 TB storage servers (Yes, plural!), biobeds a lá Elysium, and 10-tier farm BUILDINGS! Whoever was here most likely paid for the only copies of the tech, obviously. This dude had the entirety of the Internet (only surface…) on servers with, in total, 4098 TB of storage! (Yes, this site was on it, only with 50 YEARS' worth of new info and corruption set in 5 years from now, as all forum posts from before then were gone, and there was no wiki. Those were dark times…) I shit myself (dream only, obviously…) as this is a tech junkie's fantasy and, well, what is a man? Anyway, we live there for several years (10 or so) and use the biobeds to literally cure zombies and bring them to their pre-infected state. However, during the 16th year, the hyper-intelligent zombies find us. At this point, we're over 16 billion strong, as the island had SO MUCH tech we could build shelters that housed 50 million within 10 days. The zombies actually DID NOT WANT TO KILL US! They wanted to use the biobeds to wipe out the disease!
THE POST IS TOO LOOOOOONG!

Date: 2016-08-28 20:38:25
(Why is this thread not a sticky somewhere?)
The post was too long for my DSi (I had 3 bytes left of memory I could use before it would crash. Bevause 4098KB of memory and all…) so here's Part 2.

Apparently the pre-infection consciousness found a way to overcome the virus's control and regain control over the body. They wanted to kill off the disease before no one was left uninfected. So they take the biobeds (They took 7 and left one for us… and this island never had more than 1 in residence. Okay…) and the virus is slowly killed off. (It takes 4 years to cure the world. With 7 biobeds. What the f**k did I just type?) And then my alarm goes off. Anticlimactic, I know. But it is what it is.

Afterthought EDIT: Before I'm asked 100,000 times about the servers and what I saw this community devolve into, here you go:

The forums operated under a pay-to-join system. The price? $15,000 in BitCoin or equivalent and all your personal information. Why the personal info? Because if you were banned, you had 4 days or less before an admin came to your house IRL and brutally murdered you. Your organs were then shipped to all members with "Moderator" or better title. Then all traces of you ever existing were erased.
Like I said, the final years of this community were dark times…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-08-29 16:45:14

I really loved dinosaurs back then and had a couple of fact-file folders about different dinosaurs.

Noice. What's your favorite dinosaur? Mine's the brachiosaurus.

Cool! :)

Maybe the giganotosaurus, because I was always interested in the T-rex and when I read about a creature like it with a name like that it got me interested. However, I'm not sure if I've ever really decided on a favourite and also like dinosaurs such as pterosaurs and ankylosaurus best. Additionally I remember reading about hallucigenia (an unusual sea creature species which also has an unusual name) and thinking it was very interesting.

Date: 2016-08-29 17:53:25

Cool! :)

Maybe the giganotosaurus, because I was always interested in the T-rex and when I read about a creature like it with a name like that it got me interested. However, I'm not sure if I've ever really decided on a favourite and also like dinosaurs such as pterosaurs and ankylosaurus best. Additionally I remember reading about hallucigenia (an unusual sea creature species which also has an unusual name) and thinking it was very interesting.

According to Wikipedia:

Its quirky name reflects its unusual appearance and eccentric history of study; when it was erected as a genus, the animal was reconstructed upside down and back to front.

COMING SOON FROM SYFY…

IS A CREATURE SO HORRYFING, IT'S OWN NAME IS RELATED TO THE WORD "HALLUCINATE…"

[size=18pt][font=trebuchet ms]HALLUCIGENIA: THE CREEP IN THE DEEP[/font][/size]

John Smith (David Hasselhoff) is a lifeguard, as usual. So when he sees husband and wife Bob (Tommy Wiseau) and Gretchen (Tara Reid) begging for help, he assumes it's just another routine drowing rescue.

He's wrong.

Before he can say, "What the hell am I doing in this movie?" Cameron finds himself in a world of danger and a desperate fight for survival along with the couple he rescued. They wind up in a submarine Bob, a naval commander, is stationed in and, as the peculiar horror closes in, realize only they can stop it…

STARRING:
DAVID HASSELHOFF
TOMMY WISEAU
AND TARA REID AS A MARINE BIOLOGIST

DIRECTED BY:
PAUL FROM MCDONALDS

And there's my big shitpost for the year.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say they like ankylosauruses. Awesome! Such an underrated dinosaur.

Date: 2016-08-29 18:00:22
ROFL, I wonder what reviews that would get.

I agree, ankylosauruses are underrated. I like how they look like they have an armor-like body and a powerful tail.

Date: 2016-08-29 21:07:14

ROFL, I wonder what reviews that would get.

A 3.4 on IMDb (they're harsh on direct-to-video releases) with 26 reviews, 7 of which are positive, and it would have a super duper big TVTropes page.

Date: 2016-09-15 16:28:44
Dear subconscious:

Stop making me dream I'm in grade 8 again dammnit. Yes it was awesome but this is getting ridiculous.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-20 15:04:04
I seen close future in my recent dreams, one was about my PC just "doing wierd stuff" and restarting into… Windows XP, even though i have only Windows 7 on my main PC, but SCREW THE GODDAMN RULES, also, it became night out of sudden. Then at school today, I was using a PC with XP on it… then another one about a PC breaking (not mine) and then us riding the fastest bus in the world…, then i read SatoMew's reply on a thread and I'm quoting:

The developers faced a lot of challenges, both economical and technical (in addition to their inexperience). In his 20th anniversary message, Junichi Masuda said that Game Freak's PCs broke often while they were developing Red and Green.

My dreams are weird, and sometimes tell the future in a pretty weird way.
But that's not the end.
A few nights back I also had a dream (or rather nightmare) about some "epidemic disease" that was spreading via smell. Wierd.
And around a week or two ago, I had a weird one too, I don't remember most of it but I remember some of it. I was at a city which looked like Mauvile City from R\S\E at first, then i went into a shop, then went to another shop, then into a weird elevator that was placed there. I went up, and eventually stopped, then I was at a house with wooden walls, then something happened and i ran off to tge closest room, which was a alternate version of one of the rooms in my house, and jumped off the balcony, hang on something, and in the distance saw… Serena from X/Y.

Weird…

Date: 2016-10-03 17:31:02
Last night I dreamt I was some kind of vigilante waging war against… err… I don't remember. I think the villains were crime lords or somesuch. Anyway, I storm into their hideout, an abandoned hospital and start taking out the leader's goons. Suddenly his wife/mistress/cohort lady attacks me with a goddamned axe, but I manage to wrestle it away from her and kill her with it. I then moved on into an empty ward and fought Mr. Crime Lord Dude hand-to-hand while an orchestral piece played. I eventually threw him off the balcony.

This was… huh, wow.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-04 03:24:34
@up
WutFace

Date: 2016-10-31 22:37:28
>It's a "Bert dreams he's not a complete loser and has a girlfriend who loves him" dream

Day ruined.

Date: 2017-09-22 12:37:18
I had the weirdest dream there was a chicken singing くばそ (akurarebasou) in Japanese. I don't even know what that means lol.