Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 9

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-01-27 10:43:40

My dreams are too frequently psychotic to chronicle here anymore.

I dunno why they are… it scares me.

Sorry to hear and bless you. :( If it helps I've had some unearthy dreams too, so you're not alone.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-01-28 00:03:39
It's midnight and i've had like 2 nightmares (where I'M the scary part!)

Looks like it's gonna be pretty rough tomorrow…

Date: 2019-01-28 05:42:26
Don't worry about it. (hugs) You're strong. They try to kill you, you do things in your dreams you don't want but you still wake up. This is just a concept but it's called the shadow, we all have it because happiness doesn't make sense without a sense of what we don't want. So you'll be all right; like a wave it seems scary things are balanced out by positives later. I used to get acute OCD; learned the hard way to stay neutral to 'nasty' thoughts, and it helped to learn I was not alone.

Date: 2019-01-29 03:20:38
Had a weird dream there were chickens in a cage (but with some space), for some reason they were isolated further for an experiment (which had vibes as being seen as 'necessary'). Then they looked back at us with like a death stare.

Date: 2019-01-30 08:30:17
I can actually share one!

Literally just SCP Secret Laboratory. That's what I dreamed about. I was a D-Class.

that's the tamest dream I've had in 6 months or better

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-01-31 23:37:03
I've discovered that when I wake up earlier than I intend to and then fall back asleep, my dreams tend to be more vivid.

This morning I dreamed Steven Seagal and I were a two-man vigilante team or something, and had set our sights on a man who'd murdered his infant son by [size=4pt]smashing a plate in his face[/size]. We caught the crime on camera, but instead of calling the police, took matters into our own hands.

When night time rolled around, we sneaked into his house and lure him into his basement. He was carrying what looked like a wooden ore club, while I was armed with a long knife (that looked pretty much exactly like this), and Seagal used his fists. After a difficult fight Seagal got him in a headlock, allowing me to hack the ore club in half and shank the guy, then Seagal snapped his neck and snatched his motherfucker birthday. Then we left before the cops arrived.

This would make a great S. Craig Zahler movie.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-01 08:46:48

I've discovered that when I wake up earlier than I intend to and then fall back asleep, my dreams tend to be more vivid.

That was the case for me this morning, where I was part of a group of people that seemed to be a high school class and we were on a field trip testing rides for an amusement park. Eventually we got to this one where everyone had to get into a separate boat, and needless to say based on that, it was a "water ride". I strongly dislike rides in general and have somewhat of a fear of water (I've never swum except when peer pressure dictated it, which has been something like 10 years now,) so I was nervous as fuck. There was someone else in the class who knew this and who took the boat next to me and agreed to hold my hand until the ride began (when we'd be moving too fast to be able to keep doing that). I waited in trepidation for the countdown and after what seemed like an eternity, the boats started moving. Instinctively, the second they started, I reached into my backpack on the dock (which apparently is still always wherever I am, even if that's in sub-con), took out a painkiller bottle, and swallowed a bunch of them whole before letting my boat follow the rest. And that's when I woke up.

How did I feel right as I awoke? As these things tend to be, exactly the same way. Like I'm about to go on an untested fast ride that involves a ton of water. Obviously I'm not going to do the impulsive thing I did there, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to.

Date: 2019-02-01 09:11:28
I reached into my backpack on the dock (which apparently is still always wherever I am, even if that's in sub-con)
wait, you carry your bag with you so much you carry it with you in your dreams?
That's more often than a Pokemon protag, damn

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-02-01 13:52:48
You're right! Somehow I never made that connection before, but it is right on the dot.

Better for now, anyway. Going smoother than expected so far (again, as these things tend to be… :P)

Date: 2019-02-01 15:14:11
how the fuck did I do that with the quotes??? I was only quoting you

Date: 2019-02-01 16:52:46

how the fuck did I do that with the quotes??? I was only quoting you

You put the question in the quote box.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-02-02 17:21:47
You didn't delete Bert's quote tag. Initially thought your post was a mistake and was gonna delete it, but I realized the mistake and fixed it.

Date: 2019-02-02 22:46:40

You didn't delete Bert's quote tag. Initially thought your post was a mistake and was gonna delete it, but I realized the mistake and fixed it.
thx, I forgot to do it…

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-02-14 15:46:38
I've got two dreams I had last night to share with you all. In the first one I was in a classroom, where the teacher was playing late 90's/early 00's while we were working on homework. He then said that he placed a napkin on each of our desks, and if anyone got a blank napkin they had to stay after school to help clean the classroom. I was annoyed that I got a blank one, because I didn't want to stay after to clean. Then the bell rang, and we all ended up going to the Gym to get our flu shots. My cat was in my dream, and as we all went to the gym, he got out and I was upset that the other kids let my cat out of the room. I chased him down, went to the gym, and then my cousin sat next to me in the chair when I was getting my shot. The principal gave me a shot, and as I was getting it I told him a story, which involved my cousin and mother. In the story I said that my mom once tried killing a spider with her shoe, but the shoe came back and hit my cousin in the nose, which caused him to get a big nosebleed. (This was something that sort of happened once in real life when we were kids, however it involved my other cousin which was his sister and a moth, not a spider. :V) After I told the story I asked if they were done giving me my shot, and he said yep. Then that dream ended.

My other dream I had was just as bizarre as the other one. (Or maybe even more bizarre, I don't know. Both were pretty strange…)
I was in a computer lab, where I was on my boss's computer, and another person's computer. As I was going through my boss's computer, I came across some questionable images and was trying to expose him of doing something. (I don't really know. :V) Anyways, I changed his desktop image to pr0n ones that he had saved on his hard drive, and then a girl came running into the room I was in asking for help. I didn't really pay much attention to what she was saying, because I was focusing on messing around with the computers. I just agreed with whatever she said, then she left. Shortly after she left, a man ran into the room asking for someone named Jamie. He stated that if she wan't there later when he returned, he'd kill me. Again I didn't really think much of it because I was preoccupied. Time goes by and then the guy comes back threatening me to see Jamie, to which I responded with grabbing a gun and shooting him. It didn't do much to him, and he pulled out a gun on me and he kept shooting me. My girlfriend came into the room after he left, and I died in her arms after I managed to work up the strength to say I loved her. I then woke up into a dorm room, and I walked out into the hall. Straight ahead I seen a bright light guiding people up to the sky, and then realized that I was dead and woken up in hell. I walk around, and see one of my friends. I asked what she was doing in hell, as she wasn't dead. She said that her work made her come, and she was looking for something in a trash can. :V I didn't question it, so then I walk a little bit more and came across a group of people trying to get into this huge room that had a treasure chest in the middle of it. I tried explaining to the people that there was a demon in the corner of the room that would try to stop us if we attempted to get the chest, but we all went into the room and sure enough a demon depicting a little girl was in the corner waiting for us. We quickly got away from her, but the door to the room was closing fast but we managed to run towards my dorm room, where this one girl followed me. She explained that something was chasing after her, and that she wasn't safe in her room so she asked if she could stay with me. I said yes, and then we almost kissed but I woke up. :V I haven't had vivid dreams like these in a while.

Date: 2019-02-14 17:08:17
Can someone tell me what unholy force(s) I pissed off to have a dream about Ben fucking Shapiro doing a live-action cameo on Family Guy, of all things, during which he actually said, "OK, this is epic"?