Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 4

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-10-31 15:34:55

Zowayix's subconscious wants him to be in Smash Bros., for some reason.

oh….oh no….no no no…

Okay subconscious, your obsession with putting silly characters in Smash Bros has got to stop.

Postman Pat will never be in the series. Ever. Or any fighting game.

The more I think about the fact that I actually dreamt this, the more I laugh uncontrollably.

Yes, hello? Is this the mental hospital? I'd like to book myself in. Forever. Thanks.

Zowayix, can we buy you a new subconscious? i think your's might be a little broken.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2014-10-31 16:11:15
When I start having dreams about my mother pointing an M1014 at my face, I need to seriously rethink my eating habits before sleeping.

Cause I don't want this nice handy-dandy M1014 pointed at me:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Benelli_m4_2.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-10-31 19:01:36

Zowayix, can we buy you a new subconscious? i think your's might be a little broken.

Go for it. Just last night I had a dream that I was going to that one water park (Wet 'n' Wild since it's like one of the only four theme parks in Australia) with some friends and I think one of them was a hot chick, who most definitely would have changed into a bikini once we got there. Only like along the way, I forgot to bring a change of clothes myself, and then I woke up. So I went to sleep again, mildly pissed off, and the same scenario happens again (which is interesting, because I don't usually get the same dream twice in a row) except this time, I have some second house up there in the Gold Coast (noice) except my mum is there (Why? She can fuck right off, and if it's her house up there, I will fuck right off myself) and tells me I have to clean it before I can go, and I wake up before I get a chance to finish or some bullshit that went off into some fucking tangent that wasn't related to me actually getting to have a good time in my dreams for once.

I mean come on, fuck you subconscious you piece of shit. This happens every fucking time. Every fucking time I go to any place at all that might be awesome, the plane crashes or I get forcibly sidetracked by some random fucking thing or some stupid fucking other bullshit happens that prevents me from going there. Seriously, I end up enjoying real life more than my dreams and that's some fucking bullshit.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-10-31 22:44:51

Go for it. Just last night I had a dream that I was going to that one water park (Wet 'n' Wild since it's like one of the only four theme parks in Australia) with some friends and I think one of them was a hot chick, who most definitely would have changed into a bikini once we got there. Only like along the way, I forgot to bring a change of clothes myself, and then I woke up. So I went to sleep again, mildly pissed off, and the same scenario happens again (which is interesting, because I don't usually get the same dream twice in a row) except this time, I have some second house up there in the Gold Coast (noice) except my mum is there (Why? She can fuck right off, and if it's her house up there, I will fuck right off myself) and tells me I have to clean it before I can go, and I wake up before I get a chance to finish or some bullshit that went off into some fucking tangent that wasn't related to me actually getting to have a good time in my dreams for once.

I mean come on, fuck you subconscious you piece of shit. This happens every fucking time. Every fucking time I go to any place at all that might be awesome, the plane crashes or I get forcibly sidetracked by some random fucking thing or some stupid fucking other bullshit happens that prevents me from going there. Seriously, I end up enjoying real life more than my dreams and that's some fucking bullshit.

wait you still live with your mother? how old are you again?
(i always pictured you older than me for some reason)

Date: 2014-10-31 23:06:59

wait you still live with your mother? how old are you again?
(i always pictured you older than me for some reason)

I don't, that's part of why it bugs me.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2015-01-09 16:12:07
I had a dream last night I had a pet…Mario dinosaur. I'm not sure if it was Dorrie or the blue apatosaurus from the Dino Dino Jungle level, but definitely one of those two.

So for some reason we were in Castelia City (aka best Pokémon Black & White city), and I was in tears because I had to let the dinosaur go. I was at the port, gave it one last hug around the neck, and watched him/her swim away, and then woke up.

Why would you make me feel those feels, subconscious?

Date: 2015-01-10 15:19:18
Welp, had a really strange one this morning.

The local mall was being transformed into a cathedral for some reason, which was Hades' cue to rise from the Underworld and…take over Earth, I guess. He decides to start with the mallthedral, which is where the entirety of the dream took place. Hades was much more tempermental than in Disney's Hercules, and regularly oozed out the crimson flames from when he was pissed.

Eventually, everyone managed to elude Hades, which prompted him to bring Cerberus into the game to hunt people down. People were hiding in various rooms with unknown purposes, leaving me left. Someone told me to "step on the crosses," Hades and Cerberus merged into one being, and he chased me up to the rooftop for an epic battle that never was. On the stairs I saw little cross indents in the middle, so I stepped on those and CerberHades was damned when I reached the top.

That was a fun dream.

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2015-01-14 06:27:23
Some of you guys have interesting dreams. Let me share one I had recently…
In Dreamland I had an NES. I dont have one in real life. I brought the NES to school and while I was talking to my friends about it, there was an announcement that there was going to be a terrorist attack. I wanted to save my NES and I had no idea what to do. When I left the classroom I saw some of my classmates training to be horse riders. When I told my sister about the dream, she told me it could be a time when technology had destroyed the world and that there were efforts to completely eradicate technology. That explains why my classmates were learning horse-riding and why I treasured my NES so much. (I would in real life too but not as much as in my dream)
This should be turned into a dystopian novel or something. It will totally outrock The Hunger Gamesor Maze Runner!!

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2015-01-23 20:26:34
I have strange dreams where I'll play Super Mario Sunshine, but the game is almost completely different. Shine Sprites are effortless to obtain, the Piantas eyes burn when you get too many of them, there's a shop in the middle of the plaza with nobody there, 2 empty huts with no real purpose, a huge train running around, Corona Mountain has an upper level, Ricco Harbor looks entirely different (it doesn't look anything like the real one, it's WAAAAY smaller)… there are some things I have difficulty remembering, but the game is completely different in my subconscious.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2015-01-24 08:38:57
I never remember any dreams.

Sad, I know.

I will remember some major part, and then forget it a few days after.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2015-03-01 19:08:48
I had a dream about buying Pokémon Ruby. Sometime after, I taught somehow taught Drill Peck to an Empoleon via TM…

I'm pretty sure the reason I dreamt about buying Ruby specifically because it is the only main series Gen III game I lack…and if Drill Peck ends up as a TM in a future generation of Pokémon, I'm not sure how I'll react.

Date: 2015-06-12 15:25:30
Well for whatever reason I was petsitting for my uncle, and he tells me he has two new pets. He doesn't tell me what they are, because why the hell not.

I head down to the basement and come across a super secret door leading to…Noki Bay's underwater city. Well, that makes sense since I've been playing lots of Super Mario Sunshine lately. So I'm swimming around and losing health when suddenly MOTHERFUCKING PHANTA MANTA OUT OF NOWHERE. I bail from Noki Bay back to the basement, assuming this is one of his new pets.

I go looking around to see if the other pet is this bad, when suddenly MOTHERFUCKING WIGGLER OUT OF NOWHERE. Not only is this Wiggler not prone to anger, but he's the happiest living thing I've ever met. We spent the rest of the dream running around the house and having fun.

Uh…huh.

Date: 2015-06-20 19:20:17
Some time ago I dreamt that I was a detective investigating a murder in a house on a hill. The maid had been murdered so I go in to look for clues, finding finger marks on her neck. Somebody taps my shoulder, I turn around, and get splashed in the face with hot water and pass out.

[Scene missing]

I was in a car chase against the murderer, the house's owner, who was returning home to dispose of any evidence he think he might've missed. We crash on a neighboring hill, and I explain, in a very Columbo-esque way, how I figured out it was him. I don't remember what I said, but it involved CSI: Miama-tier logic and I recall saying, "You said there were no witnesses, but did you take the clouds into account?"

This culminated into a big fistfight that ended with me killing him after punching him down the hill, closing the case and ending the dream.

S**t was great, yo. I wish I could remember what happened between me passing out and the car chase.

Date: 2015-06-20 22:07:55

Some time ago I dreamt that I was a detective investigating a murder in a house on a hill. The maid had been murdered so I go in to look for clues, finding finger marks on her neck. Somebody taps my shoulder, I turn around, and get splashed in the face with hot water and pass out.

[Scene missing]

I was in a car chase against the murderer, the house's owner, who was returning home to dispose of any evidence he think he might've missed. We crash on a neighboring hill, and I explain, in a very Columbo-esque way, how I figured out it was him. I don't remember what I said, but it involved CSI: Miama-tier logic and I recall saying, "You said there were no witnesses, but did you take the clouds into account?"

This culminated into a big fistfight that ended with me killing him after punching him down the hill, closing the case and ending the dream.

S**t was great, yo. I wish I could remember what happened between me passing out and the car chase.

And then Bert was the true murderer, who just pushed some random dude down the hill after chasing him down with his car.

You probably don't remember what happened after passing out because you were passed out.

Date: 2015-06-21 15:29:59

And then Bert was the true murderer, who just pushed some random dude down the hill after chasing him down with his car.

I guess that's how things go

(_)

when push

( _)>-

comes to shove.

(_)

[size=24pt]YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH![/size]

I wonder if I woke up after being splashed in the face, then tried to continue the dream, and that explains the sudden car chase. Guess I'll never know!