Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The dream thread - Page 10

Re: The dream thread

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-02-16 08:28:09
Raven Freak, that sounds heavy. Poor you and hope it was all right?

Can someone tell me what unholy force(s) I pissed off to have a dream about Ben fucking Shapiro doing a live-action cameo on Family Guy, of all things, during which he actually said, "OK, this is epic"?

I ship them (/jest)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-02-23 18:00:02
Dreamed last night that I was experiencing sleep paralysis, which was apparently brought on by Satan. I don't know. I was pinned and struggling to move, although near the end of the dream I wound up punching my pillow repeatedly while telling the devil to fuck off.

Very meta.

Can someone tell me what unholy force(s) I pissed off to have a dream about Ben fucking Shapiro doing a live-action cameo on Family Guy, of all things, during which he actually said, "OK, this is epic"?

I ship them (/jest)

[img height=300]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/416/050/4cb.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-02-25 19:26:29
I had a Pet Sematary dream last night. For those who don't know what that is, it's a book written by Stephen King that was adapted into a movie in the late 80's and is getting a remake. (It's also my favorite Stephen King movie!) In my dream I had died and was buried in the Indian Burial ground, so I was already a demon. I was trying to recruit the Creed kids, and I would talk to them when their parents weren't around. Eventually Rachael and Lois found me talking to Ellie, and told me to stay away from their kids. The next day in my dream I watched Ellie chase after Church, like she does in the trailer for the remake, and in the trailer she ends up getting killed instead of Gage. (In the original movie, he dies instead.) I smiled and then I woke up from my dream. I think I'm just really excited to see the Pet Sematary remake! :V

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2019-02-26 18:48:56
Had a dream that there was some DVD that apparently, because it was so fucked up or whatever, you were only legally allowed to watch it if you had attempted suicide before, and you had to have the suicide note attached and sent in somewhere. Because the government said so.

The weirdest part was that my dad was there, he wasn't watching it but he needed me to go dig up that note and print out the thing and it was a bit awkward.

Yeah, that one didn't quite make sense.

Date: 2019-03-13 19:05:52
A couple nights ago, I dreamed I was holding my family at gunpoint, got into a standoff with the police, and then got shot.

I mean I know I'm not okay but what the fuck.

Had a dream that there was some DVD that apparently, because it was so fucked up or whatever, you were only legally allowed to watch it if you had attempted suicide before, and you had to have the suicide note attached and sent in somewhere. Because the government said so.

Isn't this how the Grifter creepypasta starts?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2019-03-14 06:51:18
I dreamt that I was living in a house with a bunch of OS-tans, space elves, and at least one naga and we all needed to do laundry on the same day.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2019-03-14 13:47:17
Naked party? ( ͡° ͡° )

Date: 2019-03-30 02:11:35
Last night, I dreamed there was a vicious rainstorm raging outside during a family gathering at the house I used to live in. It was so bad that nobody could leave, and at one point the house started flooding. And because that was too logical, it turned out my house was conjoined to the C. N. Tower, and as the flooding continued, we had to get to a higher floor.

A couple nights ago I dreamed I worked at a gas station and Mel Gibson was my boss. The only weird thing was that my car's gas valve was on the dashboard. There was also some guy in the parking lot asking us if we had drugs, but I'm pretty sure that's not uncommon during late-night gas station visits. Mel told the guy to fuck off, then I helped him move a shelf into the store.

It was, dare I say it, kino.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-30 17:50:15
I had a few strange dreams and one nightmare last night. I first had a nightmare that I was back at my parents old house, talking to my girlfriend on the phone. My sister was messing with me, and then all of a sudden I look outside and there are two tornados in the distance, coming towards my parent's house. My girlfriend appeared next to me, and we all left the house. I was looking for my cat, but we couldn't find him so we left him in the house. We took off running towards the backyard of another person's house, and instead of going inside we stayed out and they did too. We seen the tornados strike our house, waited for it to go through and then we took off running. I jerked myself out of the dream at that point, and fell back to sleep.

The next dream was just odd. I was walking with my sister's best friend, and we were dating in the dream. As we were walking past this water tower, the tank fell off, but it was attached to a parachute and it floated towards the ground near us. We then seen my grandmother and she walked up to us. I introduced her to my sister's friend, and for a second she forgot her name, but then she remembered and said "Oh yeah you're [sister's friend's name], I never liked you!" (In real life she didn't like my sister's friend, and I honestly don't know why. She's a narcissist, and I've cut her out of my life because of it.) She walked off, and my sister's friend was upset. I told her that don't worry about it, and she changed into a cat. :V

That dream ended and then I had a short Pokemon related dream. All I can remember is that I was playing a virtual reality version of a game, and I wanted to check one of the starters' stats, but upon walking up to the grass one it told me the name and gave it to me. That's literally all I recall from that dream…

Date: 2019-04-19 18:12:22
I was at a hotel on the beach, and in the middle of the beach was this weird cylindrical concrete/metal statue thing. I went to check it out, but when I stepped on the sand I phased through it, like I was swimming, and there was nothing below my feet.  So I swam over to the statue and passed through it. Beneath me was a void, like you'd see in a video game after using a walk through walls cheat or clipping.

I fell through the void and landed in a dungeon with a couple branching hallways. Ahead of me was a towering, open door of blinding light, but I couldn't go through it for some reason. While exploring the dungeon, my surroundings would change every time I turned my head to look around. One corridor was a hall of mirrors, but my reflection wasn't visible. Another path was a vast, sprawling wood, where I encountered who I think was the dungeon master. I think we were about to fight, but then I woke up.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-04-30 21:50:27
I actually dreamt about GCL this morning! …Though not in the way I would have wanted to! All I remember were a few minutes of a bunch of people saying terrible things about me in the Discord, to the point I was at the risk of getting banned. As soon as I got up I must have searched my username at least five times to be certain nothing like that was happening.

I fell through the void and landed in a dungeon with a couple branching hallways. Ahead of me was a towering, open door of blinding light, but I couldn't go through it for some reason. While exploring the dungeon, my surroundings would change every time I turned my head to look around. One corridor was a hall of mirrors, but my reflection wasn't visible. Another path was a vast, sprawling wood, where I encountered who I think was the dungeon master. I think we were about to fight, but then I woke up.
Man, RETIRE would have loved this one!

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-04-30 22:31:42

I actually dreamt about GCL this morning! …Though not in the way I would have wanted to! All I remember were a few minutes of a bunch of people saying terrible things about me in the Discord, to the point I was at the risk of getting banned. As soon as I got up I must have searched my username at least five times to be certain nothing like that was happening.

Man, RETIRE would have loved this one!
yours reminds me, Sherkel, of the one i had which was in… basically a GCL dystopian future. It's still here somewhere if you wanna read it.

Date: 2019-05-03 17:46:40
Dreamed last night that I was living at my old house and was still using dialup Internet.

It was nice and nostalgic.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-08-31 01:06:48
(Goddammit, I wish I could draw, this was a fucking experience and I wish I could share in detail.)

alright so first off we finally finished moving our trailer down to the family farm (we're currently in the process of packing for it) and we were working on the rest of the property for a while. After a couple days of nothing but dicking around (we had finished a huge project, give us a break) we began working on some trees on the property, one of which was in front of my grandfather's house. We wanted to trim all the branches off on one side of this 200 foot tree so we could cut it down without dropping it on the house. So my father goes and gets this 10-foot-tall tank-like behemoth with this 200-foot-tall attachment on the back. The best way I can describe it is a giant pole, fully articulated for 3D movement with joints and such (3 or 4 down the length, if I recall correctly) with two parallel 100-foot-long tank-tread-like chainsaws on the end, attached by a pivot pont halfway down the inside of both blades, driven by gigantic gears in the middle of the "treads". These blades were like a foot apart from each other. Needless to say, we made quick work of the tree.

The next day, we went outside to be met by a huge town literally right outside our door, but with a few oddities: Most of the buildings were PARTIAL buildings, like you get when a Minecraft village spawns incorrectly. One was literally a 3 inch square segment of the entire corner of a SKYSCRAPER. The ones that WERE fully present (obviously weird in other ways) were a kiddie park, a giant structure made entirely of spheres, and some kind of mechanical office building (yes, like the one in Futurama.) Every building was also on top of a field of wood chips held in by logs, kinda like at most kiddie parks here in the US. (Some use shredded tires, but, y'know…) We first came upon the kiddie park, which was… how should I put it? Parts repeated, as if someone had copy-pasted parts side-by-side with no care for how they looked. (This is kinda sorta close, but not correct as it wasn't in 2D slices like this.) All my father cared about was how much the metal would fetch him at a scrapyard, despite the clear weirdness of the whole situation. We then proceeded into the sphere-built building, which turned out to be a <statewide store chain we only have here.> We bought sodas. (SOMEHOW they had a usable connection to the bank and could take cards? There's no internet at all down there…)

Then suddenly I basically transitioned to an entirely different dream in a split second, which is just as weird but not as interesting, so i'll save you the reading and summarize:

I was on a team of 3 operatives tasked with breaking a fellow operative out of jail, and we came across three giant (a foot cubed or so, despite being like 2 pounds each) fractal-like crystals with data stored in them somehow, so we fucking stole them. (And ate one, for… some reason??? It's not like we were starving or some shit, we had food and had already eaten…)

at least it wasn't the usual "i've ripped apart every citizen in the US with my bare hands" dream, so that's nice…

Date: 2019-08-31 19:14:40
Had a dream this morning that me and some friends went to see the Joker movie and everyone in the audience kept verbally shitposting about living in a society and how gamers need to rise up.

I imagine this is what going to see the movie would actually be like.