Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 1

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-05-08 12:52:36
I decided to make an official thread for this. The long awaited GSC remakes are in fact confirmed and will be released in Japan sometime in the next several months maybe. The article on Bulbapedia is here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver_Versions

I am sure this will be another epic step forward in Pokemon history!

Re: Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-08 13:38:06
Seriously? They were confirmed? Gimme a minute…

[spoiler=a minute][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i227/Ghostsanora/Forum%20Stuff/GOLDANDSILVEREXCITEMENT.png[/img][/spoiler]

Awesome to hear about. They're going a little overboard with the names though. HeartGold and SoulSilver? I hope they change those. I barely see any correlation between them. "Heart of Gold" maybe, but How does "soul" fit in there. I like the earlier names better. Dusk and Dawn have a better ring to them. By the way, may I borrow somebody's soul. Mine will only get me one copy of the game.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-08 13:57:06
Sorry, no can do. I'm still using mine.

Anyway, is there any confirmed release date yet?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-08 15:43:18
I already announced it last night. but I guess it needs an official thread. After all, I named mine "FUCKING AWESOME NEWS!"

Date: 2009-05-08 16:44:33

Anyway, is there any confirmed release date yet?

It's set to release during Fall of '09. At least for Japan anyway.

US have to wait at least another year.

So which do you plan to grab first. I'm sticking with Gold. I still have my original copy. It still works after 8 or 9 years. I'm surprised. It completely outlived my Red version. Which I bought new two years after I got Gold version.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-08 16:45:28
Tombstoner will be ecstatic.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-05-08 17:18:54
[spoiler=My post with some rather big pictures]I don't even want to post because I don't know what to say! I can't describe how excited I am by this! Yes! GSC remake dudes win! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
MY LIEGE!
[attachment=1]
AND AS FOR THE ANTI REMAKE DUDES
THE CHAINZ! NO! YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME! ACTUALLY YOU HAVE!
[img]http://www.quebecgamers.com/impressions/cdi/wand_of_gamelon/reesong_palace52.jpg[/img]
I DON"T WANT TO CLUTTER THIS POST SO I WILL STOP HERE! THIS NEWS IS AS GOOD AS CHECKING OUT THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK! IN BLACK AND WHITE![attachment=2][/spoiler]

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-08 17:21:22

I don't even want to post because I don't know what to say! I can't describe how excited I am by this! Yes! GSC remake dudes win! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
MY LIEGE!
[attachment=1]
[img]http://www.quebecgamers.com/impressions/cdi/wand_of_gamelon/reesong_palace52.jpg[/img]
I DON"T WANT TO CLUTTER THIS POST SO I WILL STOP HERE! THIS NEWS IS AS GOOD AS CHECKING OUT THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK! IN BLACK AND WHITE![attachment=2]

I was right.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-05-08 17:30:54

I don't even want to post because I don't know what to say! I can't describe how excited I am by this! Yes! GSC remake dudes win! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
MY LIEGE!
[attachment=1]
I DON"T WANT TO CLUTTER THIS POST SO I WILL STOP HERE! THIS NEWS IS AS GOOD AS CHECKING OUT THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK! IN BLACK AND WHITE![attachment=2]

I was right.
I hope I won't get in trouble for this.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-05-08 18:14:24
I have mixed feelings about this. First of all, I don't care too much. I never played G/S/C all the way through (though that might have been because of the crappy graphics.) Then I'm kind of pissed off because LG/FR only had the VS seeker, a horrid, atrocious, abhorrent, despicable, underdeveloped, not-really-a-replacement for the Pokenav (which allows easy training in R/S/E.) But I'm also a bit pleased because maybe they'll get it right. And I like Typhlosion and Tyranitar.

Awesome to hear about. They're going a little overboard with the names though. HeartGold and SoulSilver? I hope they change those. I barely see any correlation between them. "Heart of Gold" maybe, but How does "soul" fit in there. I like the earlier names better. Dusk and Dawn have a better ring to them.

The names are awful. FireRed and LeafGreen actually made sense. But HeartGold and SoulSilver?! WTF!

I'm getting SoulSilver (despite the nausea-inducing name.)

Date: 2009-05-08 18:32:16

MY LIEGE!
[attachment=1]

I was right.

You aren't the only one with a giant picture of ecstaticness. It would be wise to spoiler them though.

[spoiler=a minute][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i227/Ghostsanora/Forum%20Stuff/GOLDANDSILVEREXCITEMENT.png[/img][/spoiler]

I have mixed feelings about this. First of all, I don't care too much. I never played G/S/C all the way through (though that might have been because of the crappy graphics.) Then I'm kind of pissed off because LG/FR only had the VS seeker, a horrid, atrocious, abhorrent, despicable, underdeveloped, not-really-a-replacement for the Pokenav (which allows easy training in R/S/E.) But I'm also a bit pleased because maybe they'll get it right. And I like Typhlosion and Tyranitar.

Awesome to hear about. They're going a little overboard with the names though. HeartGold and SoulSilver? I hope they change those. I barely see any correlation between them. "Heart of Gold" maybe, but How does "soul" fit in there. I like the earlier names better. Dusk and Dawn have a better ring to them.

The names are awful. FireRed and LeafGreen actually made sense. But HeartGold and SoulSilver?! WTF!

I'm getting SoulSilver (despite the nausea-inducing name.

Look! Someone who agrees with me.

Edit:  Heart and Soul

Ehhaha- no.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-08 19:16:55

MY LIEGE!
[attachment=1]

I was right.

You aren't the only one with a giant picture of ecstaticness. It would be wise to spoiler them though.

I'm getting SoulSilver (despite the nausea-inducing name.

Look! Someone who agrees with me.

Edit:  Heart and Soul

Ehhaha- no.

Well, they're putting their heart and soul into this game. :P *shot*

I hope they rename them for the US release like how they did with R/B.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-08 19:37:48
I'm really interested in the new stuff they have. I can't help but wonder if the Safari Zone will actually be open this time through or not. I thought it was vaguely disturbing how they just simply removed the door from the Safari Zone. If you don't want someone to go somewhere then naturally you but the Door is locked message on the Door. You don't got and cover up the Doorway with a brick wall. That's just wrong. =P

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-05-08 19:41:42

I'm really interested in the new stuff they have. I can't help but wonder if the Safari Zone will actually be open this time through or not. I thought it was vaguely disturbing how they just simply removed the door from the Safari Zone. If you don't want someone to go somewhere then naturally you but the Door is locked message on the Door. You don't got and cover up the Doorway with a brick wall. That's just wrong. =P

Funnily enough, if you were to replace that wall tile with a door tile, you would be able to enter the beta Safari Zone. That is because they left a door "event" that leads there, but you can't access it because there's a wall where they put it.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-08 20:17:57
EPIC WINNAGE.
Finally! What I was awaiting!