Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 11

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-07-27 20:53:13

I wonder when the game will be released in America.
March/april

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-27 21:00:51

I wonder when the game will be released in America.
March/april

YES!!! A birthday release!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-29 12:18:05
I just thought, if all 493 now follow you around what would happen if you made 494 follow you with a code? An egg would maybe follow you meaning the daycare center may have a larger improvement than we think and possibly even different coloured eggs this time (its silly to see a tentacool or something hatch out a white egg with green spots) Thats another byte we could mess about with…

Very exciting though; looking forward to the new lucky number show though etc.

Date: 2009-07-29 13:00:25
If you could somehow get HEX#000 to follow you around, I wonder what could happen….

Posted by: BLMNDEF
Date: 2009-07-31 16:57:24

He means they're all the same sprite dimensions in game. aka. they all take up one tile.

Yup, that's exactly what I mean.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-08-04 09:20:44
Some things I would like to see in Heart Gold and Soul Silver…

* The ability to rematch gym leaders! For example, the second time you fight Morty, he could have a Misdreavus, two Gengars, and a Haunter, and maybe a Hoenn ghost Pokémon (either Banette or Dusclops) ^_^
* Obtaining your choice of Kanto starter after fulfilling certain conditions (maybe either after beating the Elite Four, obtaining the National Dex, or beating Red?)
* Maybe some new features, like a Fishing Contest as well as a Bug-Catching Contest… and bring back the Kanto Safari Zone!
* Maybe have the Lucky Number show every day instead of every week?
* Add something like a Poké Radar which can be obtained after beating the E4/getting the National Dex (either put it in the Key Pocket or even an extra page in the PokéGear), so they can put Hoenn Pokémon in some places

I can't wait until this game comes out…

[Edit: Also, could GameFreak please make Murkrow, Misdreavus and Houndour available BEFORE the Elite Four? Waiting until Kanto to catch these was annoying in the original GSC…]

Date: 2009-08-05 22:46:49
I would like an expanded Pokedex for this game, because I usually catch 110 Pokemon before I go to the Pokemon Leauge, and 94 Pokemon just seems like such a small number.

EDIT: A Safari Zone was just annouced.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-16 11:50:28
Apparently there's going to be a map editor for the Safari Zone, which will let people share maps with friends.

How long do you think it'll take before someone makes a penis map? I'm placing my bets on 1 day.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-08-16 11:51:54

Apparently there's going to be a map editor for the Safari Zone, which will let people share maps with friends.

How long do you think it'll take before someone makes a penis map? I'm placing my bets on 1 day.

You could make it your mission to be the first one…

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-16 22:09:38
I would, but Australia seems to get games released after everyone else.

Date: 2009-08-16 22:48:28

So, like make your own Safari Zone?

Re: Pokémon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-09-13 11:21:18

If you could somehow get HEX#000 to follow you around, I wonder what could happen….

Well HG/SS are now out (in Japan) and action replay codes are already starting to be discovered, but to answer your question I just think there would be no Pokémon following you at all; because in that sense you would always have an invalid Pokémon 'following' you at the beginning of the game likely of hex #000 and since hex 000 usually relates to no Pokémon that may happen.

I wonder if the game would crash with D/P hybrids? They might act as the normal equivalent Pokémon and another thought is perhaps there is some kind of 'test' Pokémon for Pokémon following you around; like 'dummy' on the mysterious dungeon games.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-09-13 15:44:57
Marijuana map. HELL YEAH. NAKED GIRL MAP. HELL YEEAH. this is the last Pokémon game or even last game im buying.

Date: 2009-09-14 18:43:49

Marijuana map. HELL YEAH. NAKED GIRL MAP. HELL YEEAH.

That was very strange and random.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-09-14 20:55:45

Marijuana map. HELL YEAH. NAKED GIRL MAP. HELL YEEAH.

That was very strange and random.

Not really. If the "Mii Channel" is flooded with stuff like that, then imagine what these Safari Zone maps look like.