Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 2

Re: Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-08 21:16:17

I'm really interested in the new stuff they have. I can't help but wonder if the Safari Zone will actually be open this time through or not. I thought it was vaguely disturbing how they just simply removed the door from the Safari Zone. If you don't want someone to go somewhere then naturally you but the Door is locked message on the Door. You don't got and cover up the Doorway with a brick wall. That's just wrong. =P

Funnily enough, if you were to replace that wall tile with a door tile, you would be able to enter the beta Safari Zone. That is because they left a door "event" that leads there, but you can't access it because there's a wall where they put it.

I actually knew that already. In fact I had a rom hack that was entirely dedicated to altering the maps to make them look as close to their beta iterations as possible. (I added the door back to the Safari zone) and that was all I wanted to do but nooooo. Everybody wanted me to do more. They nagged and nagged and continued to aggervate me and aggervate me so finally i just said to hell with it and abandoned the hack completely still leaving it on my computer for the hell of it. My main focus was to use gold map 1.6 and 1.7 beta. Goldmap now rivals Advance map. Oh and by the way, I completely restored Cinnabar Island for the hell of it and it looked really nice and close to what it looked like in red and blue. I have a yotube video of it and a link to it should be somewhere in the rom hacking section of the forums under the name Pokemon god Beta map restoration hack. I didn't have any warps for the buildings at Cinnabar installed either, because I didn't have anything to warp to. Try not to mention that hack….its a rough spot and gets me all worked up okay? Good!=P Its kind of like saying Spin Dash.org around Tweaker except I don't boot anyone out of the IRC chat or anything like that since I don't possess the power to do so yet. ( no offense Tweaker, just in case you're reading this, I like to poke fun at everyone. Its kind of in my nature.)

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-09 01:29:00
Hopefully we finally get a damn building
in Vermillion  City.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-09 02:38:45
LOL

That's not likely. Since when has GameFreak been one to set aside running gags. Plus it's a remake, not a sequel. We probably won't see a building until the sequel that spans all 4/all 12/time and darkness/pangaea

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-09 03:44:48

LOL

That's not likely. Since when has GameFreak been one to set aside running gags. Plus it's a remake, not a sequel. We probably won't see a building until the sequel that spans all 4/all 12/time and darkness/pangaea

…..Do you even know what I'm talking about?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-05-09 08:02:39
Yeah, It's the building that the guy with the Machop is always working on lol! Anyways, the names are rough translations, and it probably has a cooler ring to it in Japanese or something. They will probably have a similar name in English though, but I don't care, its cool :p.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-09 10:38:19

Yeah, It's the building that the guy with the Machop is always working on lol! Anyways, the names are rough translations, and it probably has a cooler ring to it in Japanese or something. They will probably have a similar name in English though, but I don't care, its cool :p.

Just take LeafGreen and FireRed for example.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-09 12:12:03

LOL

Anyone whose gone to the GSC Glitch City knows about them.

Just take LeafGreen and FireRed for example.

Why? What happened to their names?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-05-09 19:21:19

LOL

Anyone whose gone to the GSC Glitch City knows about them.

It's actually Glitch Dimension, but I used to do that all the time!

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart & SilverSoul versions thread

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-10 09:14:25
The games are actually called Pok?mon GoldHeart and SilverSoul.  People usually just use google translator to translate and google hardly ever gets adjective/noun placement correctly.  Japanese has the adjective before the noun so you switch them when translating. (Also, one translation is Heart of Gold which would turn into GoldHeart.)

Editing the title of this topic.

Edit: Proof:

ハート  -  Heart

ゴールド  -  Gold

ハートゴールド  -  (Due to the reversal of noun/adj needed to translate into english) GoldHeart

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-10 09:25:45
It's still a pretty cheesy name.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-05-10 10:43:37
This game will most likely fall short of 75% of peoples' expectations.

Date: 2009-05-10 10:48:31

This game will most likely fall short of 75% of peoples' expectations.

No, it will probably be 75% better than G/S/C.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-10 11:41:56
Now we wait for 5th Generation then a remake of RS.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-10 12:47:29
[youtube]J8Mm75hxX7Q[/youtube]

Apparently, your starter will follow you around like Pikachu in Yellow version.

Date: 2009-05-10 13:02:25

[youtube]J8Mm75hxX7Q[/youtube]

Apparently, your starter will follow you around like Pikachu in Yellow version.

It looks just like Platinum.