Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 3

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart & SilverSoul versions thread

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-05-10 13:13:02

[youtube]J8Mm75hxX7Q[/youtube]

Apparently, your starter will follow you around like Pikachu in Yellow version.

It looks just like Platinum.

Or D/P. Same awful 2.5D look. Oh well.

I always liked having Pikachu follow you around in Yellow. I was just playing my Yellow, and I found it hilarious that it fell in love with a Clefairy or something similar in the Pokemon Fan Club. It reminds me of this:
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Pikachu2.jpg[/img]
It's like a Pikachu jogging buddy. You clip it onto your belt, and it registers each step you make. The more steps you take, the more Pikachu likes you. You can get points to buy Pikachu presents by playing a simple Hi-Lo game. I've had one for years, but I don't have enough patience to get Pikachu to treat me with anything more than martyred endurance.

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-10 13:17:26

I always liked having Pikachu follow you around in Yellow. I was just playing my Yellow, and I found it hilarious that it fell in love with a Clefairy or something similar in the Pokemon Fan Club. It reminds me of this:
It's like a Pikachu jogging buddy. You clip it onto your belt, and it registers each step you make. The more steps you take, the more Pikachu likes you. You can get points to buy Pikachu presents by playing a simple Hi-Lo game. I've had one for years, but I don't have enough patience to get Pikachu to treat me with anything more than martyred endurance.

Shake it up and down.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-05-10 14:49:59

The games are actually called Pok?mon GoldHeart and SilverSoul.  People usually just use google translator to translate and google hardly ever gets adjective/noun placement correctly.  Japanese has the adjective before the noun so you switch them when translating. (Also, one translation is Heart of Gold which would turn into GoldHeart.)

Editing the title of this topic.

Edit: Proof:

ハート  -  Heart

ゴールド  -  Gold

ハートゴールド  -  (Due to the reversal of noun/adj needed to translate into english) GoldHeart

The names will be HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Proof:
ファイア ? Fire
レッド ? Red
ファイアレッド ? FireRed

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-10 16:48:33

Shake it up and down.

The Japanese people in the backround are funny.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-10 17:44:05

That is so fucking awesome.. I hope
they change those tiles for the final
release.. I like the tiles and they look
great on DPP but hey this game is so
anticipated they better come up with
some better tiles and faster gameplay.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-11 18:41:29
Basically since most of us already know the game's storyline and where to go to do stuff this game should be no trouble to beat. I wonder if they'll fix the Tweaking Glitch this time around. Probably not since it has to do with the screen scrolling and they kind of need it.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-11 19:57:03

Basically since most of us already know the game's storyline and where to go to do stuff this game should be no trouble to beat. I wonder if they'll fix the Tweaking Glitch this time around. Probably not since it has to do with the screen scrolling and they kind of need it.

Tile loading. :P

Date: 2009-05-11 21:09:39

I hope that they don't fix the tweaking glitch.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-05-12 17:06:11
Really, to fix the tweaking glitch, all they would have to do is not make the bike so fast :p! Although going fast is fun, so I doubt they will make a slower bike.

Date: 2009-05-13 15:00:56
Or they could make it so there could be only so many movements in a certain period of time.

Date: 2009-05-13 17:26:39

Or they could make it so there could be only so many movements in a certain period of time.

That would suck, though.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-13 17:29:48
Maybe we still get to duplicate pok?mon. And on that note, how will the GTS fit into this game? I have to wonder.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-14 07:12:21
Will also be getting different mantyke and shellos, two different shellos for jhoto and kanto and one different mantyke for each region.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-14 13:57:59
That's…  odd… How is that possible. Wouldn't they have to add code into Diamond and Pearl to get that to work? Unless it's like deoxys in FireRed and LeafGreen. But would it be possible to do it by region like that?

Date: 2009-05-14 15:04:23

That's…  odd… How is that possible. Wouldn't they have to add code into Diamond and Pearl to get that to work? Unless it's like deoxys in FireRed and LeafGreen. But would it be possible to do it by region like that?

They might be able to do a Wi-Fi Patch or something…