Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 4

Re: Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-14 15:50:58

Anyway, is there any confirmed release date yet?

It's set to release during Fall of '09. At least for Japan anyway.

US have to wait at least another year.

…what about the UK release dates?

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-14 16:08:50

That's…  odd… How is that possible. Wouldn't they have to add code into Diamond and Pearl to get that to work? Unless it's like deoxys in FireRed and LeafGreen. But would it be possible to do it by region like that?

They might also just do a color pallete swap or make them change colors when they are in the other games.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-14 17:37:48

That's…  odd… How is that possible. Wouldn't they have to add code into Diamond and Pearl to get that to work? Unless it's like deoxys in FireRed and LeafGreen. But would it be possible to do it by region like that?

They might also just do a color pallete swap or make them change colors when they are in the other games.

Then they would have some gap in genetics or something.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-05-15 00:34:37
You might not just find shellos.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-15 01:50:21

You might not just find shellos.

Go on…  :-\

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-05-15 04:21:46
You may just have to trade it from D/P/P
:/

Date: 2009-05-15 12:52:15

You know what? That would be nice. It's not impossible. They already do it for Spinda. So whats 3 or 4 forms for each pokemon, Instead of just male or female differences.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-15 16:27:27

You know what? That would be nice. It's not impossible. They already do it for Spinda. So whats 3 or 4 forms for each pokemon, Instead of just male or female differences.

Yeah…

"Beam me up Scotty!"
"When were you ever black?"

NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-05-16 01:35:01
What I can't wait for is hearing the music from this game.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-16 07:54:19
I've seen the trailer, and the music still seems to have the crappy MIDI instruments from DPPt, which I am somewhat disappointed about.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-05-16 10:20:25

I've seen the trailer, and the music still seems to have the crappy MIDI instruments from DPPt, which I am somewhat disappointed about.
Trailer? I'll go check it out.

Date: 2009-05-16 21:21:18

I'm sure they don't all suck but I swear, Game Freak needs to step up their game more. They need to compose a soundtrack that actually fits with the current system's capabilities rather than just reusing methods from Generation 3.

Still I can't help but wonder if they'll use the mix of the Legendary Dogs Theme found in the Pokemon R/S rom. That would be interesting. Kind of like the unused track in Sonic Chaos that was reused for Sunset Park Zone Act 3 in Sonic Triple Trouble.

Speaking of which I'll listen to that theme for the hell of it right now because it sounds pretty cool.

Date: 2009-05-16 21:41:53
As long as they don't mess with the original soundtrack, it's fine with me. I got to wondering about the Pok?gear. Will that function like, or be replaced with, the Pok?tch now? What'd'ya' think they'll do with the bottom screen? I also thought that with the capabilities of the DS, They could not only revisit Johto and Kanto, but Hoenn and the Sevii Islands as well. On that note, they'd be able to add in the Battle Frontier.

Date: 2009-05-16 22:00:35
I thought the same thing myself.

Seriously though, if they remake RS in Generation 5, I'll hang myself.

Date: 2009-05-16 22:19:00
What I've been saying for a while now is that they need to make one game encompassing everything pok?mon, for a console that's not going away for a while, and provide updates.