Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 14

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-02 10:05:53
SoulSilver because I had Silver originally. One of the best days of my life when I got that, and many more while playing it.

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-02 13:14:45
I'm getting both, just for fun. (and the cool Polygon rendered Title screens that are totally win!)

Re: Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-01-25 18:23:00
Well, seeing as how I recently got SoulSilver (in Japanese, obviously), I might as well post here.

It is awesome.

I don't care about those who say it's just a gimmick for getting money. This game looks and feels better than Platinum. The touch screen centered interface takes a bit to get used to, but just tapping the screen instead of navigating through a bunch of menus is quite nice when you want to grab something from the bag (which is nicely redesigned - no more scrolling through bogs of hold items like in D/P/Pt). Berries are much easier to grow; while you can't plant more than four at a time, being able to water them any time by just going to the Key Items pocket instead of trudging about the region makes up for it. As for the storyline, there are virtually no changes - so if you're sick of following Team Rocket about, then you might not like it. The PokeWalker may be useful; using Wi-Fi, one can unlock new areas and find Pokemon with unusual moves and rare items. Otherwise it's just something nice to hace in your pocket when you can't bring your DS (at school, for instance.) My only complaint about the game is that the remixes barely resemble the original music - and that can be fixed later on.

In essence, if you loved G/S/C's storyline but hated the graphics, or you hated Sinnoh/Hoenn's plots but loved how they looked, this game is for you.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-02-02 02:34:13

Well, seeing as how I recently got SoulSilver (in Japanese, obviously), I might as well post here.

It is awesome.

I don't care about those who say it's just a gimmick for getting money. This game looks and feels better than Platinum. The touch screen centered interface takes a bit to get used to, but just tapping the screen instead of navigating through a bunch of menus is quite nice when you want to grab something from the bag (which is nicely redesigned - no more scrolling through bogs of hold items like in D/P/Pt). Berries are much easier to grow; while you can't plant more than four at a time, being able to water them any time by just going to the Key Items pocket instead of trudging about the region makes up for it. As for the storyline, there are virtually no changes - so if you're sick of following Team Rocket about, then you might not like it. The PokeWalker may be useful; using Wi-Fi, one can unlock new areas and find Pokemon with unusual moves and rare items. Otherwise it's just something nice to hace in your pocket when you can't bring your DS (at school, for instance.) My only complaint about the game is that the remixes barely resemble the original music - and that can be fixed later on.

In essence, if you loved G/S/C's storyline but hated the graphics, or you hated Sinnoh/Hoenn's plots but loved how they looked, this game is for you.

I agree with some of the remixes barely resembling the original music, even though I love the gameboy player update, I just find it a little poor when considering how the default music for the Unown radio just seems to be a few keys played on the piano.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-02-04 18:41:44
this is a game im waiting alot! but the main problem lie to the music. I have heard some of the remix for heartgold/soul silver and I was very disapointed. Those remix were not as good as the original. Even the Red/blue remake as leafgreen and firered had kickass remix

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-03-13 17:36:09
Apparently tin tower was renamed to bell tower
OK WHAT THE HELL

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-03-13 22:31:27

OK WHAT THE HELL

The F***?!?
Anyways, I'm getting SoulSilver tomorrow.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-03-13 23:59:24
I sort of regret getting SoulSilver early. Now I just don't have all the wonderful anticipation you guys seem to have.

Date: 2010-03-14 04:22:11

OK WHAT THE HELL

The F***?!?
Anyways, I'm getting SoulSilver tomorrow.
Same here.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-03-18 17:08:45

I sort of regret getting SoulSilver early. Now I just don't have all the wonderful anticipation you guys seem to have.

When Pokémon Diamond and Pearl came out in Japan I decided to buy the Japanese version of Pokémon Diamond straight off of ebay, I was looking forward to playing the game as soon as possible but it just didn't feel the same when I eventually got the English version as everything was the same (except for the dialogue). I don't regret buying it because it gave me some experience with the Japan only exclusive glitches such as the Mimic Glitch and Surf through Elite Four Door Glitch but I think I'd rather wait now.

Posted by: Naitekiakki
Date: 2010-03-21 11:24:26
[size=1]I hate how the Game Corner is changed to rich guys house who wants to play a card game with you. (Non-Japanese.)[/size]

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-03-21 15:24:27

OK WHAT THE HELL
Tin Tower's Japanese name can mean both "Bell Tower" and "Tin Tower."

I don't find it the end of the world.

The game isn't half-bad and I enjoy it more than I did with Pearl or Platinum, because they improved on a lot of things and made it more interesting.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-03-21 20:42:23

[size=1]I hate how the Game Corner is changed to rich guys house who wants to play a card game with you. (Non-Japanese.)[/size]

I, for one, am looking forward to this. Fuck gambling.

Date: 2010-03-21 22:26:27

That game is so much better then the slot machines. But the ouse makes no since.

OK WHAT THE HELL
Tin Tower's Japanese name can mean both "Bell Tower" and "Tin Tower."

I don't find it the end of the world.

The game isn't half-bad and I enjoy it more than I did with Pearl or Platinum, because they improved on a lot of things and made it more interesting.
It was tin tower in gsc

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-03-21 22:32:42

I, for one, am looking forward to this. Fuck gambling.

I like the minesweeper-esque game, but I DON'T like the fact you can't buy coins anymore!
It's A LOT harder to get that Porygon….