Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 5

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-16 23:09:19

As long as they don't mess with the original soundtrack, it's fine with me. I got to wondering about the Pok?gear. Will that function like, or be replaced with, the Pok?tch now? What'd'ya' think they'll do with the bottom screen? I also thought that with the capabilities of the DS, They could not only revisit Johto and Kanto, but Hoenn and the Sevii Islands as well. On that note, they'd be able to add in the Battle Frontier.

The touch screen is now used for the menu.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-17 11:37:28

As long as they don't mess with the original soundtrack, it's fine with me. I got to wondering about the Pok?gear. Will that function like, or be replaced with, the Pok?tch now? What'd'ya' think they'll do with the bottom screen? I also thought that with the capabilities of the DS, They could not only revisit Johto and Kanto, but Hoenn and the Sevii Islands as well. On that note, they'd be able to add in the Battle Frontier.

YES! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted this.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-17 12:38:21
They have to make a game eventually where you can travel between all the regions, visit all the towns and cities, even visit the Orre region. That game would never get old.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-17 12:39:11
How would they input a completely 3D region into something not quite 3D?

Date: 2009-05-17 13:12:02

I dunno, all the 3D DS games I've played are epic fail (graphic-wise).

Date: 2009-05-17 20:08:48

They should go back to the R/S/E graphics.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-17 20:39:32

Are you calling Final Fantasy III and IV fail graphics wise?  I beg to differ.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-05-18 04:13:30
Even more so with Super Mario DS.

Date: 2009-05-18 14:34:12

Are you calling Final Fantasy III and IV fail graphics wise?  I beg to differ.

Never played them.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-18 16:33:30
Played FF3 and NSMB. The 3d graphics they've got on the DS basically account for the graphics of the N64. On that note, they could port the Stadium games. Overall, I can't say I mind the graphics for Gen4. The only thing that irks me is that now we have a z-axis rendering some places unreachable, even with walk-through walls.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-05-18 20:35:19
I've always been ticked off about the graphics of the DS. While Animal Crossing: Wild World and Spore look okay, Final Fantasy (I can't remember the number) was horrible. D/P/P has amazing, gasp inducing lake water, but houses, bridges, etc. are too grainy and disjointed to look good. I prefer the R/S/E style of graphics.

Another annoying thing about Generation 4 is the X and Y buttons. If I've been playing Emerald for a few months and I suddenly decide to switch to Diamond, it is immensely annoying to switch from Start and Select to the X and Y buttons. But if the touch screen is the menu, what will become of the extra buttons?

Seriously though, if they remake RS in Generation 5, I'll hang myself.

I would too. Just reading that is anxiety-attack inducing. But first I'd have a WTF moment, a seizure, and a stroke. Then I would fail at trying to hang myself, then succumb and buy the remake. And then I would laugh hysterically at the updated soundtracks. I plan ahead.

Date: 2009-05-18 21:47:36

I've always been ticked off about the graphics of the DS. While Animal Crossing: Wild World and Spore look okay, Final Fantasy (I can't remember the number) was horrible. D/P/P has amazing, gasp inducing lake water, but houses, bridges, etc. are too grainy and disjointed to look good. I prefer the R/S/E style of graphics.

Another annoying thing about Generation 4 is the X and Y buttons. If I've been playing Emerald for a few months and I suddenly decide to switch to Diamond, it is immensely annoying to switch from Start and Select to the X and Y buttons. But if the touch screen is the menu, what will become of the extra buttons?

Seriously though, if they remake RS in Generation 5, I'll hang myself.

I would too. Just reading that is anxiety-attack inducing. But first I'd have a WTF moment, a seizure, and a stroke. Then I would fail at trying to hang myself, then succumb and buy the remake. And then I would laugh hysterically at the updated soundtracks. I plan ahead.

Then in Gen. 6, Diamond and Pearl remake. IT'S A CYCLE!

Date: 2009-05-18 22:21:14
By generation 6, OnLive will have destroyed conventional consoles as we know them. So we would probably have that updatable one by then.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-19 00:19:02
We dont need rse or dpp remakes, they remade rby and are making gs because they are vintage pokemon games, and no matter how much time passes rse and dpp wont be remade because they are on advanced handhelds.

Date: 2009-05-19 00:50:31
Exactly. R, B, Y, G, S, and C all lost connectivity with the other games when they upgraded to the GBA.