Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions Discussion - Page 13

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulSilver versions thread

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-11-30 19:43:41
I think outta the 2 verisons im gonna get heart gold :3

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-30 20:13:56
So am I. My brother and I always take one of each set (ie, he got Blue and I got Red), and I got Gold when it came out, so I see no reason to switch.

Re: Pokemon GoldHeart/HeartGold & SilverSoul/SoulS

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-11-30 23:23:38
One thing that really sucks about GS and by extension HGSS is that there are more or less no differences between the two versions. At least with other generations there were exclusive Pokemon that made a difference, but not this time.
For the reference of myself and anyone else interested, here's a list of exclusive evolution families:
HG: Primeape, Arcanine, Ariados, Gliscor, Mantine, Donphan, Sableye, Claydol, Kyogre, Latias
SS: Ninetales, Persian, Ledian, Delibird, Skarmory, Ursaring, Mawile, Swalot, Groudon, Latios
None of those really make any difference for in-game runs IMO.

Date: 2009-12-01 05:37:31
Damn it, that breaks our chain! (Latios and Groudon are exclusive to Ruby, which was my version, and SoulSilver, which was not). Oh well, I'll just mugrate my other Latios to my HG when I get it it (or trade with my brother… or won't cause I'm just too lazy)

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-12-01 12:06:59
I'm picking HeartGold. I'm only allowed one, so might as well  pick the one with  the rainbow bird. Plus I never got a chance to own the original Gold. On top of that, I'm gonna try to be one of the first 100 people to obtain it here on Guernsey. I've already got a (very unstable) ROM copy of it, and they went very far with graphics and sound effects. You can ACTUALLY HEAR each footstep on the ground, even in houses. Now THAT is something not in previous games, far as I know.

…I won't ruin too much, but I did a little wall-walking, and the "Mystery Zone" that occurs when you walk off map exists in the game too.

Date: 2009-12-01 14:12:29
I also have the ROM, but the extreme slowness and Japanese have kept me from even getting past New Bark. I'd rather play a Gold ROM and than play HeartGold on the DS when it comes out (my hunger for Johto led me to start a non-glitch Gold savefile in which I have all the starters and a shiny Bellsprout [not cheated! W00T! My first shiny!])

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-12-01 17:29:57
I'll probably get HeartGold, so I can EV train the Ho-oh more than the SoulSilver version.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-01 17:56:43
Well, I'm hoping to get both versions, on their release date here in Spring in 2010. I got both Gold and Silver on my 13th birthday, and had them since, but I've been reading about HGSS, and it's looking really good.

Date: 2009-12-01 18:35:53

I also have the ROM, but the extreme slowness and Japanese have kept me from even getting past New Bark. I'd rather play a Gold ROM and than play HeartGold on the DS when it comes out (my hunger for Johto led me to start a non-glitch Gold savefile in which I have all the starters and a shiny Bellsprout [not cheated! W00T! My first shiny!])

Ain't too slow for me, and it's mostly English translated, up to Azalea Town.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-01 18:39:01
SoulSilver for me. Silver was my first Pokemon game in general, and it brings back memories….

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-01 18:48:02
My dream would be to get a Japanese SoulSilver and an English HeartGold. I would be able to get all the Sapphire exclusive Pokemon (my favorites, they bring back memories) that are now in HeartGold and still get a non-hacked in game Lugia well before all my friends.

Date: 2009-12-01 19:12:07
Geh. I'll probably just get HeartGold so I can soft reset for Kyogre.

Date: 2009-12-01 19:34:58
Soft Reset?

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-01 19:45:27

Soft Reset?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Soft_reset

Zowayix likely wants a powerful Kyogre, or perhaps a shiny one.

Date: 2009-12-01 19:50:55

shiny one.

I'd rather not push my luck. I'll just settle for Timid with x/x/x/31/x/31.