Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch - Page 5

Re: Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2012-09-12 20:48:53
Well, this is…interesting.

I tried it about a week ago, and it gave me the "file data is destroyed" message.  Now that I've tried it again, I'm in the exact spot where you start the game, and I have the Pikachu from the file that was supposedly destroyed!! In other words, the game has combined two files.

Not sure how this happened, but I still can't get the damned glitch to work right.

Oak was able to give me a Pikachu, so now I have a Pikatwo. One with the normal cry and one with the specialized cry.

WARNING: My Pikachu's name may be considered offensive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBOFtbNGDm8&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2012-09-30 12:20:54
Through utter luck today, I found a simple walk-though-walls method that will probably save your files a trillion times over.

Switch the Pokemon two slots above the first Pokemon with the fifth Pokemon, and wall tiles will instantly 'de-wall' themselves.

Posted by: n00b
Date: 2012-10-03 22:31:40

Through utter luck today, I found a simple walk-though-walls method that will probably save your files a trillion times over.

Switch the Pokemon two slots above the first Pokemon with the fifth Pokemon, and wall tiles will instantly 'de-wall' themselves.

I tried this out and it does not seem to work for me. Could you make a video to show us?

Posted by: ProfessorGlitch
Date: 2012-10-06 08:34:11
I can't seem to get this to work either… Can you please try this again, or can you experiment with this? I'll experiment also, but two heads are better than one! Thanks in advance! :)

Date: 2012-10-07 17:14:44
Ugh! I'm stuck in a sea of trees! I was testing items, and then BOOM!!! The colors in the game suddenly turned dark blue, black, and very little white ( I now look like a girl with long, flowing, black hair! :P )! So… The menus are only blue boxes, and the color is now that permanently! Stupid me, trying to have fun, accidentally clicked "Save" while I was stuck in some trees, and now I can't escape! I will try to post a picture of my situation, but since I'm on a 3DS, I don't know if it'll work… Also! I even have a video of me in a glitch world, and when I get done surfing, I hear this strange, beautiful, music! It was the surfing music mixed with the Pallet Town music (that was were the glitch world was)! It might even be some unused notes! Please help me, though! I'm desperate! Thanks in advance! :D

Date: 2012-10-07 17:36:55
I got the picture! And, no, it's not bad picture or faulty technology, this is the real deal! The color doesn't reset itself, either! This was the only picture I could get, for I am stuck, like I said before… Please help me! Thank you so much in advance!!!!! :D

Date: 2012-10-07 17:39:13
Here's another one! :)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-10-07 18:33:41
Hey man, there's an edit button for a reason.  I know you're new, but PLEASE use it next time, otherwise I won't be so lenient about double or in your case quadruple posting.

Also, might I suggest putting a magnifying glass up to your screen or camera lens.  The quality of those shots would be improved by it as I can't tell too much on what I'm looking at.

Don't delete your save, that glitch music would be well appreciated if it was recorded.  I suggest using a 3.5MM Headphone to 3.5MM Headphone Male/Male connector and inserting it into your headphone out and plugging the other end into either LINE IN or MIC on your computer.  Line in is preferred but most laptops don't have it.

After this is done, download audacity and then record from either line in or microphone.  Save and output as anything but a project file and attach it here.

Date: 2012-10-08 07:13:10
Hey, Photon-Phoenix! Sorry about the quadruple posting… Since I'm on a 3DS, and I don't have a computer, can I somehow post a video on here? If I can find a way out of the sea of trees, and if I can SOMEHOW fix my color pallet, then I can do that music again… I could do the music again with the wrong color, but I don't want to end up saving in there… Wait… I AM SAVED IN THE ROUTE 1 GLITCH WORLD!!! Ugh… I'll experiment… Hopefully I can find a way out of this… Hopefully….. Thanks! :)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2012-10-08 10:15:21
Don't save while you're out of it, the area sounds cool.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-11-02 14:44:25
I actually managed to get out of Pallet Town and into Viridian City.

So I decide that I don't want all these Glitchmons hanging around my party, so I decide to deposit some.

Instead, my game freezes and the file is erased.

It's not fair, dammnit. It's not fair.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2012-11-03 15:39:24
Yeah, make sure to save once you've done something that isn't easily replicable.

Also, depositing the glitchémons is utterly futile, given that there seems to be thousands of them. (I went to 'deposit Pokemon' and got my phone to automatically scroll down through the list. Almost an hour later, it was still scrolling, and I've never seen the end of them.)

Date: 2012-11-03 16:21:28
Actually, when I chose the Glitchmon to deposit, the game reset and my file was gone. I simply clicked on it, and that happened.

I mean, yeah, I'm sure it sucks, but that's a hell of an overreaction, Mr. Glitchmon.

Posted by: Thanathan
Date: 2012-11-05 03:11:56
awww now im reading all this Im goin' to try myself D:

Date: 2012-11-11 14:59:25
So I decided to just use the Surfboard to get out of Pallet Town, and now I'm in Lavender.

I wanna fight Blue but I can't go through the glitchventory. The pointer just sits at the first option in there.