Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch - Page 6

Re: Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-11-11 18:14:22
Sorry for the double post but.

I BEAT THE GAME.

Managed to figure out a way to walk through walls (someone said to move the Glitchmon 2 spaces above the first Pokemon with the fifth Glitchmon) and went to the League. Instead of going into the building, I went "around" it, through a bunch of glitch tiles and eventually would up at the Indigo Plateau.

I didn't even bother fighting anyone, instead I exploited the WTW glitch and went straight to the Hall of Fame Room.

The game only acknowledged the first four Glitchmons, which were an Alakazam, an Arcanine, and two random glitch things. The game carried on as normal.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2012-11-12 11:46:03
'Twas I who discovered that WTW quirk.

I've tried to use it to get through the Elite Four, but I can never manage to get by Lance for some reason. My secondary concern is that on entering my Rival's room, I'll be forced to battle with him, WTW or no WTW.

The manipulation of items to alter warps is still far more effective, if you can copy how it is done on tutorial videos.

~~~

Messing with the Day Care south of Cerulean is interesting, but most glitchmons crash the game when given.

After depositing the first Pokemon, taking it out, doing the same with the one after (which is now in the top slot), and then doing the same with the third, I walked two steps south, and back again to the Day Care man.

Suddenly, I was flown to a glitched landscape where I could only travel east. There was nothing to do there, and the game, of course, crashed after a sizable period of east-travelling.

This episode was worthless, but it illustrated to me that the Day Care may have very intriguing effects on the game. This should be investigated in a little bit more detail.  :D

Posted by: camper
Date: 2012-11-12 12:10:14
The day-care stablizes any Pokemon you put into (even if those are not even Pokemon!). Is this the cause of the effects?

Date: 2012-11-12 15:27:55

'Twas I who discovered that WTW quirk.

I've tried to use it to get through the Elite Four, but I can never manage to get by Lance for some reason. My secondary concern is that on entering my Rival's room, I'll be forced to battle with him, WTW or no WTW.

When you're in Lance's room, approach one of the statues in front of the door that leads to your rival's room. You should be behind him, and the battle won't be triggered. Go through the door as normal, and walk on the statues; this stops the battle with your rival from starting. Then, go into the Hall of Fame room.

Posted by: Vuroja5
Date: 2012-11-13 13:25:16

This episode was worthless, but it illustrated to me that the Day Care may have very intriguing effects on the game. This should be investigated in a little bit more detail.  :D

Due to the shuffling of bytes presumably from changing the order of the party pokemon, which of course past the 6th slot represent other data (assuming past the 6th slot is accessible).

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2012-11-23 10:37:04
Two discoveries:

By switching the third Pokemon with the thirty-sixth immediately after corrupting the save, I was told that my Safari game was over. I paid to get "back" in, and swapped those two Pokemon again. This disabled the step count (500/500) and allowed me to walk around for as long as I liked.

There's good reason to think that this would work similarly with Repels and other in-game concepts founded on the step count.

More significantly, I also discovered that if there is a non-glitched Pokemon in the PC, it is perfectly possible to deposit as many glitched Pokemon as you want.

I cannot test this any further at the moment, because the map messed up after I deposited the item ????? (surfboard) into my item box. My phone's emulator was in a kind of automatic save mode at the time, so that particular file of mine is in a permanent crash state now.

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2012-12-27 20:26:24
Well, I got a copy of Pokemon Red from the thrift store. Sorry, save file with the level 58 Blastoise, you're going to be sacrificed…FOR SCIENCE.

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2012-12-28 18:17:10
I'd just like to emphasize that the glitch is considerably harder to do on R/B than on Yellow. The 2-frame pause is almost nonexistent on my copy of Red.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-12-29 00:18:37
So I'm trying this on my (physical) Blue version. Took me about five times to get the file data is destroyed. I'm about to try again.
Okay I just tried three more times. Still no glitch. I suck at timing.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2012-12-29 21:48:26
It took me a bit to finally get this to work in my physical copy of Red as well as various different ROMs. (Note this glitch works in Green and Red as well as all other foreign language versions too.) I couldn't tell you when the best time is to turn off your gameboy (or reset the game) but just keep trying it does work. I like this glitch, it's interesting to see that the save file is fine though it corrupts tons of other data instead.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2012-12-30 02:13:06

It took me a bit to finally get this to work in my physical copy of Red as well as various different ROMs. (Note this glitch works in Green and Red as well as all other foreign language versions too.) I couldn't tell you when the best time is to turn off your gameboy (or reset the game) but just keep trying it does work. I like this glitch, it's interesting to see that the save file is fine though it corrupts tons of other data instead.

I'll keep trying and hopefully get it eventually… :|

Posted by: Thanathan
Date: 2013-03-12 16:26:32
Ha I did it!
(sry for Low Quality)

Its on my Yellow Cardridge.

Edit:

Found HM03-teach it to Q- try to Battle BLUE. Kill his Eevee.
He sends out 3Poke..game Crashed.

Try to Switch to a Pokemon with moves… Game turns darkgreen and Crashed soon.

#3 Switch Pokemon arround.

Sprites Vanished, but still musst fight BLUE.
Sends out Eevee. Game Crash.

Found some Burnheal to avoid the TMTRAINER effekt.
Battle BLUE again… changed his name to 999999999!
My Name blanked out. After the Battle, BLUE stand there an if I try to talked to him, hes got a 1 9 Error!
Cant move after all. I supose the Game is thinking, that I still in talk with him.
Crap..restart

Managed to find the Surfboard… and Surf on it to never see Oak!! Haha.
And I used some Rarecandys to get my first Q to a level, on wich he obey me.
Teach him surf, so that he can battle.
Battles are Glitched aswell. Try to cpature some (redcoloured) Tentacool…game claims that I caught a Magmotar… In water? WTH man?
But the Game ist still working after a wild Battle. Trainersprites an Randomized.

But a question. Ist it actially possible to fight Blue without the game is crashed after it?

Posted by: SuperGlitchy
Date: 2013-04-08 16:07:48
Sorry if this is kinda bumping, but I found some WEIRD effects!

First of all, I switched some random Pokemon around and got the NPCs to go random places.

Second, this happened when I switched around other Pokemon:

[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8569/81cbc69e6f3f4db7acd8692.png[/img]

THEN I MADE THE WHOLE SCREEN GREEN?!

[img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9121/926414b7adbd46dd9a51814.png[/img]

Then the game froze after I closed the start menu!

The game has been going /really/ slow now, like it takes 30 seconds for a word to show up.

Okay, now the "YOUR SAFARI GAME IS OVER" Thing came up, I wonder..
Oh great, glitch city.

Anyways, I reset and switched some more random Pokemon around and the "HEY WAIT DON'T GO OUT!" Message appeared and Oak just appeared for a split second and then the game locked up.

When I moonwalked (Yes, moonwalked.) Into the glitched up grass, Oak did the whole message, but it was in glitchy text.

I made the whole thing green again by switching Pokemon..

Unknown opcode, I better try again later.

More crap!

[img]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6329/72983033a6914694875854d.png[/img]
This happened, it's quite funny.

Date: 2013-04-16 17:18:04

Sorry if this is kinda bumping, but I found some WEIRD effects!

First of all, I switched some random Pokemon around and got the NPCs to go random places.

Second, this happened when I switched around other Pokemon:

[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8569/81cbc69e6f3f4db7acd8692.png[/img]

THEN I MADE THE WHOLE SCREEN GREEN?!

[img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9121/926414b7adbd46dd9a51814.png[/img]

Then the game froze after I closed the start menu!

This happens just about every time the screen color changes. Not totally sure why, though.

I managed to walk around with a different color scheme once. It was pretty neat, everything was inverted.

Posted by: IceMans
Date: 2013-04-27 11:54:15
[size=12pt][font=andale mono]Hi all , not sure on how to start this off but Wack0 and i were playing around with the pkmn Yellow Save Abuse Glitch and Wack0 came across this - some how by scrolling up past 13th Q ( Not %100 Sure ) the name changes to ASHQJACK - Ref
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Z306dBb.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/8aKsCts.jpg[/img]

Thats the first thing the second , the Pokemon Sprites - Ref
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fN07IER.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7R0idVP.jpg[/img]
which on checking the stats of the 2nd Q after scrolling up past the 13th Q ( not sure if its just the 2nd q or what ) but it plays a sad tune Ref http://www.sendspace.com/file/27qk2k
With the standard TM55 x3 with HYPER BEAM with silly PP

Sorry for poor Quality [/font] [/size]