Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch - Page 8

Re: Pokemon Yellow "Save Abuse" Glitch

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-09-28 11:13:54
File a police report.

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2013-09-29 20:39:17
Already have, this was a few weeks ago. Nothing so far.  And yes, I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist.

Posted by: krynxe
Date: 2013-10-01 22:58:25
Maybe he has good taste and decided to keep the yellow cartridge

unless you were referring to the less valuable stuff~  ;)

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2013-10-03 23:15:30

Maybe he has good taste and decided to keep the yellow cartridge

Meh, it was in pretty terrible shape.  It was in a yellow/blue "Pokemon edition" GBC, which is probably much less common than a Yellow cart.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-10-04 11:24:39
And is probably a bootleg.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-12-03 15:10:40
I dun fucked up my game something fierce.

The game is making it's own map. Nothing is the same. There's a random grass field in the middle of Pallet Town. The road leading up to Mt. Moon has become a giant canyon, and the path to Victory Road's gate is blocked by trees.

I have no idea how to get around these obstacles, and the game treats parts of these areas as out-of-bounds spots if you go too far. It's actually kind of neat.

Posted by: Milps
Date: 2014-01-06 20:43:19
Try doing the same glitch but throw away a different amount of items. great fun if you throw away 15  :)
Also 27 will get you to the name raters house, apparently my first Q has a truly impeccable name XD

Posted by: Thanathan
Date: 2014-01-24 17:58:03
Thanks Prof. I will totally try that xD

Date: 2014-04-09 15:50:40
Welp, I've glitched my Yellow version past the point of no return.

Not only can I not go past Lavender Town due to the maps being permanently changed (the road from Rock Tunnel to Cerulean City is blocked off my a mountain wall that's suddenly appeared, and the route from Lavender leading to Saffron City is just water after a point), but I can't even fly to another city to try and escape that grand clusterfuck I've created.

When I use Fly (because I suddenly have the Badge that lets me use it) and choose a city or town to go to, the overworld color changes to a turqoise-like shade, and when I arrive at the new destination, I am unable to move or use the start menu.

I was able to get the "Your Safari game is over!" message and be warped to the gate, which was my last resort since I could go into the Safari Zone, leave, and (hopefully) return to Saffron City like normal. But NOPE! I have no money, and leaving the gate as is takes me to a Glitch City that disables the walk through walls glitch VaeporSage mentioned.

Sorry, my lovable 4. . who served as the inspiration for Glitchy, but it looks like our adventure ends here. We had some good times, at least.

Posted by: Stilgar
Date: 2014-04-10 06:54:45

Not only can I not go past Lavender Town due to the maps being permanently changed (the road from Rock Tunnel to Cerulean City is blocked off my a mountain wall that's suddenly appeared, and the route from Lavender leading to Saffron City is just water after a point), but I can't even fly to another city to try and escape that grand clusterfuck I've created.

When I use Fly (because I suddenly have the Badge that lets me use it) and choose a city or town to go to, the overworld color changes to a turqoise-like shade, and when I arrive at the new destination, I am unable to move or use the start menu.

I was able to get the "Your Safari game is over!" message and be warped to the gate, which was my last resort since I could go into the Safari Zone, leave, and (hopefully) return to Saffron City like normal. But NOPE! I have no money, and leaving the gate as is takes me to a Glitch City that disables the walk through walls glitch VaeporSage mentioned.

Sorry, my lovable 4. . who served as the inspiration for Glitchy, but it looks like our adventure ends here. We had some good times, at least.

These descriptions sound very interesting, may I ask if you have a chance to record them?

Date: 2014-04-10 19:26:01

These descriptions sound very interesting, may I ask if you have a chance to record them?

Unfortunately I'm stuck with dialup, so uploading videos is out of the question until I grow enough patience to deal with YouTube's shit.

I do, however, have some photos!

I also found something interesting: If you get the "Your Safari game is over!" message, use VaeporSage's walk through walls quirk to get around the admission's guy and save. Reset the game and walk towards the exit to Saffron City. Depending where you are, you can walk out a door and undo the map corruption, but at the cost of Fly possibly bringing up a Glitch Trainer.

The Glitch Trainer will send out an A (or Q), and you will not be able to do anything. For some reason, you will not send out a Glitchmon of your own, so the FIGHT option is useless. You can, however, throw a Poké Ball/Great Ball/Any Ball, really, at A. The Glitch Trainer will block it and the battle will end.

This, on the other hand, slows you down and disables text boxes. Also, if you have a poisoned Glitchmon with you (which is 101% likely), the music will add a new layer on itself, creating something of a musical round. It's actually pretty cool if you're in Celadon City.

Date: 2014-04-14 15:44:34
So battling anybody is a very fucking bad idea.

Although my 4. . kills the opponent's first Pokémon to death 8 times before it dies dead, their next Pokémon is level 0 with an unbelievably outrageous amount of HP. If you're feeling brave and decide to wait out that waste of time, their next Pokémon is also level 0 with infinity +1 HP.

I've never bothered to try and defeat any of these Trainers since I don't have the patience for it, so I don't know what happens when you win.

Also, if the Trainer only has one Pokémon, it behaves like normal but when you defeat it, they send out a 3TrainerPoké (at level 64 for me) who proceeds to destroy and kill everything you love while it laughs at your puny attacks, and your brevity in trying to faint it. I defeated one of these assholes once and the game locked up when the battle ended.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-04-14 18:01:12

So battling anybody is a very fucking bad idea.

Although my 4. . kills the opponent's first Pokémon to death 8 times before it dies dead, their next Pokémon is level 0 with an unbelievably outrageous amount of HP. If you're feeling brave and decide to wait out that waste of time, their next Pokémon is also level 0 with infinity +1 HP.

I've never bothered to try and defeat any of these Trainers since I don't have the patience for it, so I don't know what happens when you win.

Also, if the Trainer only has one Pokémon, it behaves like normal but when you defeat it, they send out a 3TrainerPoké (at level 64 for me) who proceeds to destroy and kill everything you love while it laughs at your puny attacks, and your brevity in trying to faint it. I defeated one of these assholes once and the game locked up when the battle ended.

In most cases after a battle (after using save corruption), the game crashes.

Have you tried using an escape rope? (it's possible to escape rope out of any map, if you make an item below the warping item have a quantity of 3)

Date: 2014-04-14 18:41:18
Fortunately, I've managed to get out of Clusterfuckland and now the map is behaving normally. I never knew I could use the Escape Rope to get out of such a tricky situation, so thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time.

Posted by: Stilgar
Date: 2014-04-14 19:47:45

Unfortunately I'm stuck with dialup, so uploading videos is out of the question until I grow enough patience to deal with YouTube's s**t.

I do, however, have some photos!

I also found something interesting: If you get the "Your Safari game is over!" message, use VaeporSage's walk through walls quirk to get around the admission's guy and save. Reset the game and walk towards the exit to Saffron City. Depending where you are, you can walk out a door and undo the map corruption, but at the cost of Fly possibly bringing up a Glitch Trainer.

The Glitch Trainer will send out an A (or Q), and you will not be able to do anything. For some reason, you will not send out a Glitchmon of your own, so the FIGHT option is useless. You can, however, throw a Poké Ball/Great Ball/Any Ball, really, at A. The Glitch Trainer will block it and the battle will end.

This, on the other hand, slows you down and disables text boxes. Also, if you have a poisoned Glitchmon with you (which is 101% likely), the music will add a new layer on itself, creating something of a musical round. It's actually pretty cool if you're in Celadon City.

Judging from the pictures a similar thing happens to me while using the walk through walls cheat and messing up the overworld going where I shouldn't, like areas that don't load properly if you walk through walls.