Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Banned Episodes - Page 1

The Banned Episodes

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-10 13:50:46
Disscuss the Banned Episodes of Pokemon here!

Re: The Banned Episodes

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-02-10 15:25:50
One was due to being a jinx in it. Some f***ing b*****d idiot said Jynx was an insult to black people. Another was due to a gun, but they shoulda kept it because Ash caught 30 Tauros in it (it's over 29!!!) andit was the first appearance of Dratini, which was referenced to later.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-02-10 16:21:54
Another had James wearing a bikini costume, which was edited out of the English version. Then another gave 700+ Japanese kids seizures due to Pikachu Thunderbolting a missle and that should've been kept and edited because now Porygon is out of the series. Then one was banned because it showed earthquakes in it and Japan was having serious earthquakes at the time so they decided to ban the episode altogether. I've seen the James bikini, the gun, and the seizure episodes and I don't think that they're that bad.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-02-10 16:45:25
There were also those two episodes that were banned after they showed it once or twice
Holiday Hi-Jynx (becuase of that stupid article) and
Tentacool and Tentacruel (banned for reasons unknown)

There was also that ice cave episode.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-02-10 17:01:14

There were also those two episodes that were banned after they showed it once or twice

Tentacool and Tentacruel was banned after 9/11 because it depicted violence and obvious death, and that was apparently unacceptable after 9/11.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-02-10 17:34:43

Tentacool and Tentacruel was banned after 9/11 because it depicted violence and obvious death, and that was apparently unacceptable after 9/11.

That doen't make any sense.

Date: 2008-02-10 17:42:55

That doen't make any sense.

If you've ever seen this episode, you see Tentacruel absolutely DESTROY Porta Vista. You can tell people died in this episode just by looking at the destruction. This was deemed inappropriate after 9/11 (it didn't involve a plane, so that is kind of stupid), and so it was banned. No, it doesn't make sense, but that's what happened.

Date: 2008-02-10 18:12:56
At least it's back now.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-10 18:38:13
You still see Tentacruel destroy a building in the first season's intro.

Date: 2008-02-10 18:39:05

Thus even more stupidity.

Date: 2008-02-10 18:40:32

Wow. I'm not even sure what that episode had to do with 9/11 to begin with, even if Tentacruel killed hundreds of people.

Date: 2008-02-10 18:45:54

Wow. I'm not even sure what that episode had to do with 9/11 to begin with, even if Tentacruel killed hundreds of people.
They deserved it anyway.

Date: 2008-02-10 18:50:29

They deserved it anyway.

The people did? Maybe they did, but, still, there were innocent people killed. And it only should have banned if it involved an airplane, in my opinion. This is kind of like the radio station banning songs just for having 1 questionable lyric or the title having the word Tuesday in it, right after 9/11.

Date: 2008-02-10 18:52:21

They deserved it anyway.

The people did? Maybe they did, but, still, there were innocent people killed. And it only should have banned if it involved an airplane, in my opinion. This is kind of like the radio station banning songs just for having 1 questionable lyric or the title having the word Tuesday in it, right after 9/11.
You've got a point there.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-10 19:28:18
when I was younger (don't believe in age, though) I was actually able to see every full banned episode (and I think I bought a couple of the videos before they were banned as well)