Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Banned Episodes - Page 5

Re: The Banned Episodes

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-28 18:40:10
Cartoon Network, have never once aired Pokemon. I've been watching that channel for years, when I was younger, and never one Pokemon episode.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-28 18:41:25

Cartoon Network, have never once aired Pokemon. I've been watching that channel for years, when I was younger, and never one Pokemon episode.

That would be here in the US.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-28 18:42:25

Umm…no?

Date: 2008-03-28 18:43:41

Umm…no?

They air it here in the US. I promise they do.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:43:48
Sky One, airs most of the cartoons, I've seen. Cartoon Network, or was something else, that aired Outlaw Star, that was violent, bit of swearing and a bit sexual (not all that much, not Epiosde 23, yeah quite.) , so it was shown at 10 in the evening here. I loved that cartoon. Never did here, not one Pokemon episode.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:44:58

Umm…no?

They air it here in the US. I promise they do.
Exactly. A lot too. (well last I checked)

Date: 2008-03-28 18:47:51
And when they started airing it, they went straight from "Island of the Giant Pokemon" to "Ghost of Maiden's Peak" without airing "Tentacool & Tentacruel". I know because I was expecting it to air and was surprised to see it not air.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:48:23
Hmm, we're a bit boring over here. (No seriously.) They censored Silent Hill, due to the "Demon Kids", little pink/grey creatures, so they were censored, and replaced with the brown bears, known as Mumblers, from their version, that they see later on, but ours, are in the school. It's like an Pokemon episode, my friend told me about that Harley, the one with the purple hair, that he knew a skull and cross bones, on May's picture, but in our version, he drew a I think she said, a frowning face, instead, but she isn't sure, as she's not seen the US version, of that episode yet. That ghost maiden episode, was aired over here.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:51:49
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak episode is kind of strange in my opinion. Then again, I find a lot of the first 25 or so episodes of Pokemon strange for some reason.

I guess UK's Cartoon Network is very different from our Cartoon Network.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:54:42
Yeah, we might be, as before in Outlaw Star episode 1, where these briefcase, opened a woman was inside, (Melfina), she's an android, but I saw/heard that they painted, something on her, but when I saw it, from something else, they didn't. I'm not sure if that was in the US, or UK.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-03-28 19:17:23
I'm going to explain something.
There is something I believe 4kids use to determine whether they should ban or show and episode with a gun in it. This is not for sure but it makes sense.
It's called Aim and Fire.
If a gun or weapon like a gun is aim and fired at a person (or (a) pokemon or pretty much any thing living.) The episode is usually banned.
Such in "The Legend of Dratini" or "Tentacool and Tentacruel" which this was seen. Other episodes where guns were aimed were not fired so the episode was safe. Of course "T and T" was not banned until later which means that ether they didn't relise a gun was fired or becuase the episode before that one was banned (but was later fixed and then showed again one time) they decided to show it at least once to prevent further plot destruction and then ban it after.

Date: 2008-03-28 19:21:40
I am aware, but back then I saw no gun.

Date: 2008-03-28 19:23:45
But for the last time guys (well hopefully anyway), that episode [size=60pt]AIN'T[/size] banned! For [size=60pt]PETE[/size]'s sake!

Date: 2008-03-28 19:24:45
XD Alright, chill Guy, chill. I told you, it wasn't banned. Now can we move on, please?

Date: 2008-03-28 19:27:00

XD Alright, chill Guy, chill. I told you, it wasn't banned. Now can we move on, please?
OK, good! ;D
The Ice Cave episode was banned because of another jinx actually. (the Jynx is the jinx with banned episodes I guess…)