Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Banned Episodes - Page 13

Re: The Banned Episodes

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-05-21 21:42:42

I heard that 4Kids edited the banned Porygon episode to make it safe, but it still hasn't been shown. It was all Pikachu's fault for the seizures…not Porygon…what a scapegoat…or a figurehead…XD

No…
The original tape of Electric Soldier Porygon is locked away in a vault in Japan. No attempts to edit or re-air have been made or planned.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-05-25 00:00:45
I found a slowed down version of the seser giving moment that doesn't give you seasers at youtube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A4LPR9vG1M[/youtube]

Posted by: MewthreeX
Date: 2008-06-13 17:17:49
>:(I find it bullshit that they banned those episodes!Dammit!

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-06-13 20:05:36

I heard that 4Kids edited the banned Porygon episode to make it safe, but it still hasn't been shown. It was all Pikachu's fault for the seizures…not Porygon…what a scapegoat…or a figurehead… XD

No…
The original tape of Electric Soldier Porygon is locked away in a vault in Japan. No attempts to edit or re-air have been made or planned.
Someone could've taped the video. I read somewhere that it was dubbed to be made safer, but it still never aired outside of Japan.

>:(I find it bullshit that they banned those episodes!Dammit!
I mostly agree with that statement, especially for The Legend of Dratini. I don't see why it was banned, since a couple episodes (Tentacool and Tentacruel and The Kangaskhan Kid) before it were more violent than The Legend of Dratini IMO.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-06-14 05:53:06
The Kangaskhan Kid, was banned? Bullshit! I saw that episode many years ago. I found nothing violent about that.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-06-14 06:58:30

The Kangaskhan Kid, was banned? Bullshit! I saw that episode many years ago. I found nothing violent about that.

The Kangaskhan Kid was not banned. He was saying that he felt that The Kangaskhan Kid was worse than The Legend of Dratini, hence TLoD should not have been banned.

Date: 2008-06-14 07:04:49
The Legend of Dratini, was banned due to the use of guns, and Team Rocket, were fired at more than once, when they were standing on the sign, of the Safari zone. I have that episode, somewhere on my other computer, in Japanese. The Porygon episode, was banned due to seizures. I've watched the episode, and I had no seizures.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-06-14 07:11:38

I've watched the episode, and I had no seizures.

That's probably because you aren't epileptic (sp?), and as such are overly vulnerable to seizures due to random flashing colors. There are MANY children in this country that are epileptic or may be, and could have been in real trouble if they saw the unedited episode.

Overall it was probably a good idea to ban it, as they couldn't seem to edit it to a point that it was feasable to show.

Date: 2008-06-14 07:19:29
I've played games for years. They can't edit it, so I guess it should stay banned.

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-06-14 10:48:08

The Legend of Dratini, was banned due to the use of guns, and Team Rocket, were fired at more than once, when they were standing on the sign, of the Safari zone. I have that episode, somewhere on my other computer, in Japanese. The Porygon episode, was banned due to seizures. I've watched the episode, and I had no seizures.

Yeah but most Japanese aparments are in 'tight quarters' and plus you know kids sitting up close to the screen. Plus some might of had epilisy or somethin.
Thats why there were less in the US. [sezuires] Also I read in Megatokyo that some people pack up their little dinner table [where they sit down yanno?] and move it out to lay down a bed.
Yeah.
So chill.
Anyway
ahaha i love banned episodes.
james is a tranny!! XD

Date: 2008-06-14 11:50:27
I have seen a bit of the episode, where James, had fake breatss, it was funny. Shame, I haven't been able to find that episode.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2008-08-13 14:15:55

Last time I saw it, Richie, still has Zippo, the Charmeleon.

Yeah, and Richie uses it in both the episodes of Pokemon Chronicles which he is in ( "Celebi and Joy" and "Oaknapped" I think. I have all of Pokemon Chronicles on 3 DVDs so I _can_ check )