Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Banned Episodes - Page 11

Re: The Banned Episodes

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-29 20:40:03
Hmm. I'm in England, so they never aired it here.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-29 21:27:24
I can confirm that there were bazookas and tanks in "Tentacool and Tentacruel." Nastina fired a machine gun (into the air), and the tank fired at the giant Tentacruel but the bullet just bounced off.

This is the English version; I have the episode in question on video.

Date: 2008-03-29 21:45:09
I told you. Ugh, this is what I've been trying to explain, but no one has listened. Here in England, we're careful, on what we show on TV, when there are kids, around. We edit/censor, things, like guns, in Pokemon Yami's violent temper, in Yu-Gi-Oh!, and so on. We censored, Silent Hill, (it pissed me off), and they thought the demon kids, were "cruel" so they were censored, and created, into something else. We show things, like violence, after 9pm. With Pokemon, we censored/edited, something, that was too bad, for young kids.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-29 23:30:39
Ah, sorry. When I hear "English version" I think the language, not the region. :<

Date: 2008-03-30 00:45:06
?? I try and explain it, the best way I can, but still other's no listen.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-03-30 06:49:45
I don't know who you fighting against yami.
Nobody is saying that the UK doesn't censor things. We are talking about how they censor it in north america so…..I really don't see what your defending….

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-03-30 10:29:59
It's sorta like how they edit portions of programs that don't affect the program.

Date: 2008-03-30 13:11:08
Sort of. We're just, weird. ??

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-30 17:13:09
I've only seen the Tentacruel episode, and have it on tape. It's been so long, though. Maybe I should watch it again so I can better understand what you guys are talking about. All I really remember was that it was a sucky episode IMO back then.

Oh yeah, I don't think it's still banned, but the second episode of Sabrina's series (the one where Ash gets the Haunter) was banned for a while after 9/11. Why? It was called "The Tower of Terror"

-_-;

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-03-30 18:02:26

I've only seen the Tentacruel episode, and have it on tape. It's been so long, though. Maybe I should watch it again so I can better understand what you guys are talking about. All I really remember was that it was a sucky episode IMO back then.

Oh yeah, I don't think it's still banned, but the second episode of Sabrina's series (the one where Ash gets the Haunter) was banned for a while after 9/11. Why? It was called "The Tower of Terror"

-_-;

Just because it was called the Tower of Terror, I guess.
My friend actually has it on tape, the Tower of Terror.

Date: 2008-03-30 18:47:38
Can we move past The TNT episode?
Cause every time I hear about it now I get full with rage…
So what about short scenes from the anime that have been cut out?
Like in the first episode where Misty slaps Ash or that time some one hit some one else with a log.
Or that time meowth was lighting matches?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-30 18:55:44

Can we move past The TNT episode?
Cause every time I hear about it now I get full with rage…
So what about short scenes from the anime that have been cut out?
Like in the first episode where Misty slaps Ash or that time some one hit some one else with a log.
Or that time meowth was lighting matches?

Yeah, the time he had a lighter and lit the matches. They removed it, yet you can see it 5 seconds later, so…fairly pointless. Let's not forget, on the same subject of lighters, the Charmander named Zippo.  O_o

Date: 2008-03-30 21:22:58
What about Zippo?

Date: 2008-03-30 23:58:07
Last time I saw it, Richie, still has Zippo, the Charmeleon.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-31 13:55:49

Last time I saw it, Richie, still has Zippo, the Charmeleon.

How ironic. Zippo is also the name of a cigarette lighter. And in another episode, they banned the scenes of Meowth with a lighter. Kind of funny they let "Zippo" get through, isn't it?