Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Banned Episodes - Page 7

Re: The Banned Episodes

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-29 13:30:33
There you go then. Us lot, we're careful, on what we show, so if there's a gun in it, and it's meant for kids, we'd edit, the episode, and change it, or we censor it.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-03-29 15:08:59
I remember seeing guns in the squirtle squad episode.

But then again we all live in different parts of world so how can we compare episodes that were censored or banned?

Date: 2008-03-29 15:29:46
Well, the Tentacruel episode, was aired over, here, long before September the 11th.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-29 15:41:16
It WAS aired here in the US, but, as far as I know, has not aired here since.

Date: 2008-03-29 16:21:24
It wouldn't do, since September the 11th. Guess, they didn't want to remind others, of that dreadful, day. I don't blame them.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2008-03-29 16:27:13
That doen't make sense though.
Because when they were replaying old episodes they didn't show TNT and this was before 9/11

Date: 2008-03-29 16:49:45
That's what I was saying, Mutou Yami. It HAS aired, but it was banned after 9/11.

Date: 2008-03-29 16:52:38
::) America, suffered, a dreadful, day on the 11th. Many innocent, people lost their lives, and they won't show that episode, to remind them, of that day, they want to forget, but remember them, who died. I don't know what you're getting at, glitchhuntress, by saying: "That doesn't make sense" it's because, when Tentacruel, smashed them buildings, it had thew Twin Towers, in it, and they were smashed by Tentacruel, and since the 11th, they won't air that episode, due to that dreadful day, in 06.

Date: 2008-03-29 16:59:00

::) America, suffered, a dreadful, day on the 11th. Many innocent, people lost their lives, and they won't show that episode, to remind them, of that day, they want to forget, but remember them, who died. I don't know what you're getting at, glitchhuntress, by saying: "That doesn't make sense" it's because, when Tentacruel, smashed them buildings, it had thew Twin Towers, in it, and they were smashed by Tentacruel, and since the 11th, they won't air that episode, due to that dreadful day, in 06.

Err…'01.

And, besides, you know people died in Tentacool and Tentacruel. Of course they don't show it. But you can tell there were many deaths. Probably another good reason for banning after 9/11.

Date: 2008-03-29 17:02:44
Sorry, I meant in 01, just couldn't remember. I highly doubt it, because the whole area, was badly flooded. But, in cartoons, like that, they won't show, if there any deaths, for all we know, they could of gotten out of there, but they didn't show it. If that was in Japanese, then I'd see differently. Like I said, kid cartoons, don't have "deaths", well okay they do but may never show it, to think the young fans, that the people, were unharmed, by like not being inside.

Date: 2008-03-29 17:10:09

Sorry, I meant in 01, just couldn't remember. I highly doubt it, because the whole area, was badly flooded. But, in cartoons, like that, they won't show, if there any deaths, for all we know, they could of gotten out of there, but they didn't show it. If that was in Japanese, then I'd see differently. Like I said, kid cartoons, don't have "deaths", well okay they do but may never show it, to think the young fans, that the people, were unharmed, by like not being inside.

With the way it was flooded, they probably drowned.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-03-29 17:14:57
One of my friend's moms died in the WTC 9/11

Date: 2008-03-29 17:17:14
For the name of Ra… For all we know, they could of swam! Enough, already. Let's move on. Here's a list I found of banned episodes, and why:
Banned 1
Episode 18: Holiday at Acopaulo (US Name: Beauty and the Beach)
Reason for Banning:
This Episode Was Banned because they gave James clevage so he could win a beauty contest. This took over a lot of the episode which is why when KidsWB aired a cut version of it, it was horribly mutilated and severely cut in time.

Banned 2
Episode 35: The Legend of Dratini:
Reason for Banning:
This Episode was banned because of over use of a Projectile Weapon (A Gun), other eps use Guns but none involve the firing of guns towards other people. In the US there were many shootings by children and it was thought best not to subject children to this sort of thing. The lack of this episode also caused a lot of confusion as there were multiple captures by Ash in it which by going by the US airings…just magically appeared.

Banned 4
Episode 252: The Ice Cave:
Reason for Banning:
The first episode in almost 4 years that was banned made people think why was this episode banned. This Episode was banned due to some people having a problem with Jynx being a "racial stereotype" and since Jynx was prominently in these episodes, they decided not to air it.

Banned 5
Episode 377: Shaking Island Battle! Barboach VS Whiscash!!:
Reason for Banning:
The most recent episode has not been aired anywhere in the world, not even Japan. It was originally postponed due to massive earthquakes in the area and since it features Whiscash making Earthquakes it would have been bad taste. However this episode was scheduled for a further Japanese showing but didn't air. Now it has come to the US Airing and it again has been skipped.

Date: 2008-03-29 17:18:08

One of my friend's moms died in the WTC 9/11

Did you SEE them collapse?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-29 17:19:00

That's what I was saying, Mutou Yami. It HAS aired, but it was banned after 9/11.
But then they were just like f**k it and started airing it again.