Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Banned Episodes - Page 2

Re: The Banned Episodes

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-02-10 19:30:35

when I was younger (don't believe in age, though) I was actually able to see every full banned episode (and I think I bought a couple of the videos before they were banned as well)

I saw the Tentacruel one, that was it though.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-02-10 19:32:29
I saw that episode, a long time ago, when I was younger. I've seen: The Legend of Dratini, and Electric Soldier Porygon.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-02-10 19:40:54
About Electric Soldier Porygon: Let me just say: If you have seizures easily, you shouldn't be watching Pokemon to begin with, or cartoons in general.

Date: 2008-02-10 19:44:21

About Electric Soldier Porygon: Let me just say: If you have seizures easily, you shouldn't be watching Pokemon to begin with, or cartoons in general.

Or be doing anything that has to do with screens and electricity.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-02-10 19:46:24
I'm perfectly fine. I've been a gamer since I was 3, and I'm a Pokemon fan, and gamer for life. And I don't get any seizures.

Date: 2008-02-10 19:48:14

I'm perfectly fine. I've been a gamer since I was 3, and I'm a Pokemon fan, and gamer for life. And I don't get any seizures.

Gamer since I was 4, born with a T.V on.(Seriously.) No seizures what so ever.

Date: 2008-02-10 20:00:16
Never had seizures. But you never know, they could happen at any time…

Date: 2008-02-10 20:01:39

A kid in my school faked a sezuire to stay out at recess.
He was a Kindergardener.

Date: 2008-02-10 20:06:05

He was a Kindergardener.

What an idiot. (off-topic:Did his plan succeed?) Back on-topic. How could you think Jynx was a black person?! And I do understand why the other two were banned. (James being…err…endowed, and the warden wipping out his gun at everybody). Did you know, they had a New Year's episode planned, but because of the seizure episode, it was cancelled.

Date: 2008-02-10 20:07:51

He was a Kindergardener.

What an idiot. (off-topic:Did his plan succeed?) Back on-topic. How could you think Jynx was a black person?! And I do understand why the other two were banned. (James being…err…endowed, and the warden wipping out his gun at everybody). Did you know, they had a New Year's episode planned, but because of the seizure episode, it was cancelled.

He did succed and his mom said he would do it anytime at the house.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-02-25 18:19:47
Is THAT where the name came from? XD Under random trivia, in the manga the Charmander (Er, Charizard) is called Charlie, and the Pikachu's name is Chuchino. The manga itself was more violent though (they actually show blood in the battle between Ash and Richie's Charizards)

Still, most kids don't know what Zippo is, so I guess they let it slide. Showing Meowth playing with matches is more suggestive, I suppose.

Date: 2008-02-25 18:58:57

Is THAT where the name came from? XD Under random trivia, in the manga the Charmander (Er, Charizard) is called Charlie, and the Pikachu's name is Chuchino. The manga itself was more violent though (they actually show blood in the battle between Ash and Richie's Charizards)

Still, most kids don't know what Zippo is, so I guess they let it slide. Showing Meowth playing with matches is more suggestive, I suppose.

Yeah, they took the matches scenes out. Kinda pointless, really, since about 5 seconds later you can see the lighter he used. Incredibly stupid that they missed it in the next scenes.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-02-25 19:01:33
They also banned the word "bomb" from the dub, so Team Rocket would say "Blaster balls away!" instead of "Blaster bombs away!" for example.

Date: 2008-02-25 19:02:15

They also banned the word "bomb" from the dub, so Team Rocket would say "Blaster balls away!" instead of "Blaster bombs away!" for example.

LOL at Blaster Balls. What a silly name.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-02-25 19:10:07
http://www.psypokes.com/anime/censor.php

This site has a bit of stuff about other banned things that seem ridiculous and pointless.