Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

The Banned Episodes - Page 4

Re: The Banned Episodes

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-03-28 14:30:02

*Laughs* Anyway, I heard about this, Christmas Episode, was banned, but never heard why. I don't remember the name, but it was banned, for some weird reason.

Because it had Jynx in it, and they decided that Jynx was rascist. So you will never see Jynx again.

They also cancelled a New Year's Episode because of the Porygon incident, and also I think a few other episodes were cancelled as a result.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-28 16:15:06
You guys are lucky! I ain't seen one!

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-03-28 16:31:58
I've seen the tentacool/tentacreul one.

I've seen Jynx in a later episode, I think it was the one with Smoochum and the Icebeaming Jynx.

As for the Safari Zone episode, that gun thing is nothing compaired to that one in the first season where Ash had like 10 shot guns pointed at him.  That episode wasn't banned so to that I say, WTFH.

Date: 2008-03-28 17:02:12
I've seen Tentacool and Tentacruel as well. I actually have it on an old tape. That episode was very violent. Personally, it doesn't surprise me to see it banned, as it was exceptionally violent for a Pokemon episode and did have unseen but rather obvious death.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-03-28 17:21:15

I've seen Jynx in a later episode, I think it was the one with Smoochum and the Icebeaming Jynx.

As for the Safari Zone episode, that gun thing is nothing compaired to that one in the first season where Ash had like 10 shot guns pointed at him.  That episode wasn't banned so to that I say, WTFH.
I OWN the tentacool/tentacruel one and it's my second favorite episode. I wish that I had your science teacher M?N!, my science teacher sits around and does nothing, I never learn anything (please no one say that they don't want to learn anything, it'll just get me all rilled up and pissed off)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-03-28 18:00:28

I OWN the tentacool/tentacruel one and it's my second favorite episode. I wish that I had your science teacher M?N!, my science teacher sits around and does nothing, I never learn anything (please no one say that they don't want to learn anything, it'll just get me all rilled up and pissed off)

My teacher is a science nerd, and tech expert.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-03-28 18:04:16
Tentacurel, episode "too violent"? I find that bullshit. I was 9 or 11 (Can't remember) when I started Pokemon, and that episode, was no where near "violent". I've seen violence. And that that was nothing.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:11:51

Tentacurel, episode "too violent"? I find that bullshit. I was 9 or 11 (Can't remember) when I started Pokemon, and that episode, was no where near "violent". I've seen violence. And that that was nothing.

More violent then any previous Pokemon episode up to that point. I mean, the whole city of Porta Vista was just destroyed. You can not tell me there was no violence in that episode. There were unseen deaths in that episode.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:13:39

Tentacurel, episode "too violent"? I find that bulls**t. I was 9 or 11 (Can't remember) when I started Pokemon, and that episode, was no where near "violent". I've seen violence. And that that was nothing.
Egzctly. If they controlled the cenoring for anything else…FDBGSFDJ ASDJGSDFGHJBVXCM DSFHSKHGK TH
But I bet it's mostly due to the fan environment. I mean, you don't see, say, like, 3 year olds watching Fullmetal Alchemist.
edti: Iizaa wei, that episode ain't banned anymore anyay.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:17:36
You didn't see anyone die did you? No. Then that is not violent. I've seen buildings, get destroyed, and they ddin't show if anyone was hurt, because it's MEANT for kids! That episode, is not violent. I know violent, when I see it. Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0, The Yami no Games, was never brought into English, due to Yami, had a violent temper, and he kill/hurt others, with his powers. That was violent, I've seen the a lot of the episodes, and I can understand that being banned, and not aired, but theTentacruel, one was nothing. I'm older, than most you, and I tell from violence, to non violence. If that was banned, witch I don't think it was because I saw it here in English, on TV. And I live in the UK.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:25:23

You didn't see anyone die did you? No. Then that is not violent. I've seen buildings, get destroyed, and they ddin't show if anyone was hurt, because it's MEANT for kids! That episode, is not violent. I know violent, when I see it. Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0, The Yami no Games, was never brought into English, due to Yami, had a violent temper, and he kill/hurt others, with his powers. That was violent, I've seen the a lot of the episodes, and I can understand that being banned, and not aired, but theTentacruel, one was nothing. I'm older, than most you, and I tell from violence, to non violence. If that was banned, witch I don't think it was because I saw it here in English, on TV. And I live in the UK.

It was in the US or might have been. I know when Cartoon Network started airing it, they skipped right over the episode.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:28:37
I like the original Yu-Gi-Oh a lot actually. And I see what you mean.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:29:39
That's them. I saw it on Sky One. *sighs* I'm not looking, for a fight, I'm just trying to explain, that the episode, isn't violent. I'm older, and I know from violence. It's like with one of the Episodes in Season 5, in Yugioh, in Japanese, they have blood, well only i tiny trickle, I never got the chance, to see that episode here in the UK, as I got confused, with Sky One, as they were showing an episode that wasn't meant to be aired, not yet, Episode 205, Kisara the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, it Japanese, but forgot it's name in English, to enough about that. *sighs* I'm just trying to explain to you, here in the UK, we're a bit different. A game, Silent Hill was censored, due to the creatures, so they were changed, but if that episode, was violent, for a kids, we wouldn't of aired it. Yeah, I do love it when Yami, gets really angry whoo! ^^ Anyway, as I said, Yami, there was "violent" due to his temper, but here, he's calm as anything, and won't harm anyone, unless, he loses his temper.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:34:44
The only I can truly and fully understand the banning of was Electric Soldier Porygon. It doesn't surprise me that they never aired it in the US or UK or wherever else because they might have had a repeat of what happened in Japan.

I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was just explaining that over here, they never aired it on that channel.

Date: 2008-03-28 18:39:26
It's obviously not considered by the dubbers (#@%$ $%^*# **** $^#@3) too violent, as it is still be in aired. End of story.